Best tv solution for a gym

Mbarton

Hey guys so right now i'm doing work for a GYM thats opening soon.

A big part about this GYM is that all there equipment is new and top of the line and i'm of course handling everything IT.

There's quite allot to do for me from internet to making sure all sorts of hardware is working. But the reason i'm posting this is about the TV`s.

Originally they were just going to do cable tv but i talked them out of it for 2 reasons number one is the monthly fee for having all the boxes, there's going to be around 4+ tvs the box fee is 5$ which come to 20$+ a month not something we want to spend the budget on if we can help it. its also as we all know plain out crappy so i want to use something like a fire stick or roku or chrome or you get the point.

Now here are the problems that might arise 

Number 1: these tves are next to each other if someone does something on one it cant mess with the others.

Number 2: it HAS to have a remote not everyone has a smart phone thats going to a gym or wants to be messing around with parring 

Number 3: content the reason i dont think ill pick the fire stick is content most the content on that thing has to be paid for or be a prime member

Any help or discussion would be much appreciated.  

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Could you have all of the TVs connected to the same device with an HDMI splitter, or do you specifically want each TV to display something different?

I think he means like a bar, where every TV is on a different channel

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Could you have all of the TVs connected to the same device with an HDMI splitter, or do you specifically want each TV to display something different?

I think he means like a bar, where every TV is on a different channel

Like what @ShiftHitTheFan said all tvs will displaying something different. this was actually my first question to the owner as it would be really easy to just split something 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Are there analog options for getting programming?

We're on analog cable right now and I can connect up to as many TVs as I can via splitter boxes with signal amplifiers...

We only pay for one connection...

Are there analog options for getting programming?

We're on analog cable right now and I can connect up to as many TVs as I can via splitter boxes with signal amplifiers...

We only pay for one connection...

Sorry i thought i already replied to this. 

like i said i talked them out of cable as we want to have the new stuff and preferably go wifi

in our business we have four 55" sony hdtv's. we use three cable boxes and run the

cable signal via hdmi/CAT5 cable. this allows the cost aspect of not using blatant

high cost of 50+ foot cable. system has been running 47 months with no display

issues. just some input on usage scenarios in play.

in our business we have four 55" sony hdtv's. we use three cable boxes and run the

cable signal via hdmi/CAT5 cable. this allows the cost aspect of not using blatant

high cost of 50+ foot cable. system has been running 47 months with no display

issues. just some input on usage scenarios in play.

you have 4 thvs 3 boxes are you using a spitter somewhere? 

yes, two tvs are sharing the same content, also one has a bluray player for

store information (secondary tv input). others are using separate content/channels.

I don't think there's a way to get around having a box for each tv if you want each tv to have different content. Also, I don't think your chromcast/firestick idea would work since most people just want your standard easy to use channels. Since this is a business, I would just go with a standard cable service since you have to cater to the majority and not just tech savvy people. 

this is correct. if you are not using HD local antenna for local reception, all you have

then is indie CATV boxes (or satellite dual antenna) for each set. i'd been looking into

cutting the cable cord and running PC with streaming possibilities, but that is a pile

of almost expensive non-sense. PC, stream PC, hdmi/CAT boxes and OBS/XSplit.

yes, two tvs are sharing the same content, also one has a bluray player for

store information (secondary tv input). others are using separate content/channels.

Gotcha, im sure that works well in your situation but at the gym the tvs need to be individually controlled so each runner can watch whatever they want to watch.

think about it like this say you have a dude really in the groove with running and waiting the game and some lady come and changes to the view or something. someone not going to be happy  

this is correct. if you are not using HD local antenna for local reception, all you have

then is indie CATV boxes (or satellite dual antenna) for each set. i'd been looking into

cutting the cable cord and running PC with streaming possibilities, but that is a pile

of almost expensive non-sense. PC, stream PC, hdmi/CAT boxes and OBS/XSplit.

It definitely is allot to think about with so many different ways to implement it. i wish i had more time to set it all up so i could really think about it all. 

I think i'm going to go with the roku as i can get allot of different apps for it, plex is going to be a big part in how i wan this all to be.

ill be taking lots of photos for you guys to see maybe make a video? let me know if i should even bother