Benq XL2411 vs 2430

GregButcher

So, I've been craving for a 144hz monitor for a good while now, and I've been drooling over the 2430, however its around 80£ more expensive. Now mainly I have a little grasp on the feature differences, what I'm really interested in is colors of the panels. Did anyone see the two side-by-side? Is the extra money worth it? My heart really pulls to the 2430, since if i'm buying one, might as well go balls-to-walls.

Anyway thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

So, I've been craving for a 144hz monitor for a good while now, and I've been drooling over the 2430, however its around 80£ more expensive. Now mainly I have a little grasp on the feature differences, what I'm really interested in is colors of the panels. Did anyone see the two side-by-side? Is the extra money worth it? My heart really pulls to the 2430, since if i'm buying one, might as well go balls-to-walls.

benq shitty colours

get an asus 144hz

benq shitty colours

get an asus 144hz

Most useless fanboy argument ever.

I would go with the 2411, cause I think the 2430 doesn't add much for the price. You get two USB 3.0 ports and DisplayPort 1.2, but on that resolution HDMI will just be good enough.

Most useless fanboy argument ever.

I would go with the 2411, cause I think the 2430 doesn't add much for the price. You get two USB 3.0 ports and DisplayPort 1.2, but on that resolution HDMI will just be good enough.

how? my friend has tested many brands and found benq to have the worst colours.. asus being the best however

Ye I know the extra features are slim, however the panel might be upgraded, better?AFAIK it is, thats what interests me the most, honestly.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

how? my friend has tested many brands and found benq to have the worst colours.. asus being the best however

Brands aren't the products. You have to look at each product individually. Some ASUS and BenQ display might even use the same panels, which are often made by companys like LG.

We're talking about TN panels anyway, so obviously the colors won't be as great as on IPS. But that's expected by a cheaper 144Hz panel. Even ASUS uses TN panels on their 144Hz products in that price range.

Ye I know the extra features are slim, however the panel might be upgraded, better?AFAIK it is, thats what interests me the most, honestly.

I wasn't able to find any direct comparisons between those monitors. But here are a few tests about it:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xl2430t-144hz-gaming-monitor,4006-8.html

http://www.displaylag.com/benq-xl2430t-review-144hz-gaming-monitor/

http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/benq-xl2430t-p21350/test.html

Go for the 2430t if u like and can afford it, it is a good monitor. But if u wanna go back to the wall then xl2420g is for u my friend. I like benq 2430t since it look nice and had everything you would need the usb port can be handy and the headphone stand also

And also for someone seem to have never use a tn monitor and make a judgement based on the experience of the other is dumb to listen to imo. Just because a friend test it doesn't mean his is right. Everything is vary from person to person.

You just just to calibrate on a tn panel and it will look good and close to ips even though the default might look bad

Thank you for the replies, yes I was looking at the 2420g, but the extra cost of the gsync is way out of budget, that said I might just wait and save up for it.

Asus monitors have such shit quality control. I got two defective monitors in a row - even their $800 Swift monitors suffer from the same issues.

Asus monitors have such shit quality control. I got two defective monitors in a row - even their $800 Swift monitors suffer from the same issues.

Well it one of those people have no experience with the product or never use it so spouting nonsense

Thank you for the replies, yes I was looking at the 2420g, but the extra cost of the gsync is way out of budget, that said I might just wait and save up for it.

Yeah save up and go ball to the wall unless u want cheap option like aoc or acer but benq monitor is amazing. Well there might be more gsync or freesync coming so waiting will be nice and easier to decide when u have enough

Well it one of those people have no experience with the product or never use it so spouting nonsense

It really isn't, I've PERSONALLY had 2 defective Asus monitors in a row for one model. There are so many Newegg horror stories of their quality control and customer service.

Yeah save up and go ball to the wall unless u want cheap option like aoc or acer but benq monitor is amazing. Well there might be more gsync or freesync coming so waiting will be nice and easier to decide when u have enough

Yeah I was thinking of waiting for this year's batch of monitors, maybe there's going to be a way better option later down the line. I'm just itching to get a decent monitor cuz I'm stuck on a 17" 1280x1024, 10 year old "goodness" :\ (that said it was a hand-me-down, and I'm really grateful for it nevertheless)

Yeah I was thinking of waiting for this year's batch of monitors, maybe there's going to be a way better option later down the line. I'm just itching to get a decent monitor cuz I'm stuck on a 17" 1280x1024, 10 year old "goodness" :\ (that said it was a hand-me-down, and I'm really grateful for it nevertheless)

I know how it feel to wanting 144hz. I got mine during Christmas and I love it. The crave is real and wanting to pull trigger but have to hold back. Mine is a freesync monitor becuz I plan to upgrade to amd gpu in the future. Currently have nvidia. Mg278q is my model

Its hard to know. The original XL2420 was tested by a lot of places as it was part of the cutting edge of monitors but now the 2430T is just another 144hz lightboost 2 monitor, its not sexy to review those anymore. It would be nice for tftcentral to review it but it also takes them a lot of time to do that and doubt many people are waiting for a review of this particular monitor. I suspect you'll struggle to find quality reviews (I didn't find much of use). The 2411 and its bigger identical brother the 2420 were well reviewed but this just isn't going to be.

Its hard to know. The original XL2420 was tested by a lot of places as it was part of the cutting edge of monitors but now the 2430T is just another 144hz lightboost 2 monitor, its not sexy to review those anymore. It would be nice for tftcentral to review it but it also takes them a lot of time to do that and doubt many people are waiting for a review of this particular monitor. I suspect you'll struggle to find quality reviews (I didn't find much of use). The 2411 and its bigger identical brother the 2420 were well reviewed but this just isn't going to be.

Well u can buy it and try if like then keep if not refund x3

That is how I do stuff