60HZ vs 144HZ

AsrielDreemurr
Go to solution Solved by Sam Z Man,

If you have the money why not, but I don't see the benifit unless you play professionally.

Okay. So I know that 144hz is a must for pro CS:GO players, but just in general, should I consider 144hz? If you come from CS:GO or you just happen to have a 144hz monitor, can you try your best to describe the difference between 60 and 144hz?

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

its much smoother nothing else, no gameplay benefits

AMD FX-8350|8GB DDR3|GTX750TI|2TB HDD|CX-430 PSU|

Well... It's more on if your PC can even push 144 FPS, if not, then a 144Hz monitor isn't worth it.

its much smoother nothing else, no gameplay benefits

In FPS's it's a huge benefit. Sir.

Every micro second counts. 

Old NCIX vid on it

Really interesting

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

but it wont help with skill

In a lot of ways it can help you play better.

Well... It's more on if your PC can even push 144 FPS, if not, then a 144Hz monitor isn't worth it.

4790k @ stock with an evga 970?

If you play Geometry Dash, would you take the time to rate this demon? 14986973 ;3;

4790k @ stock with an evga 970?

Then depends on the games you're playing.

If you can take advantage of it, hell yes.

But you will need a 980 Ti or SLI config to REALLY take advantage of it at max settings on Triple A titles.

Best Bench Runs & 24/7 Rig

Spoiler

Best Bench Runs

i5 4670k (XTU) - 4.7GHz Core / 4.5GHz Cache | GTX 980 (FireStrike Extreme) 1620MHz Core / 4000MHz Memory (GPUPI) 1721MHz | G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB - 2200MHz CL10-11-11-24 1T

Spoiler

24/7 Rig & Clocks

i5 4670k 4.5GHz (Swiftech H320) | MSI Z87 MPower Max | ASUS GTX 980 1580MHz 4000MHz (NZXT Kraken X41) | 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Air 540 | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | 120GB Kingston SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Old NCIX vid on it

Really interesting

See, I think this is not accurate. My dad who never plays games, he only watches youtube videos like once a month could REALLY tell the difference. My dad is also pretty much blind. Then again I have 3 other 60Hz monitors to compare it too. I will never go back to 60Hz for gaming, it sucks in my opinion. Only get one if you can get over 100 FPS on games. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

See, I think this is not accurate. My dad who never plays games, he only watches youtube videos like once a month could REALLY tell the difference. My dad is also pretty much blind. Then again I have 3 other 60Hz monitors to compare it too. I will never go back to 60Hz for gaming, it sucks in my opinion. Only get one if you can get over 100 FPS on games. 

I also agree, 

Once you go 144HZ

60HZ just looks terrible 

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

I can look at someone moving a mouse pointer in Windows and see the 60hz now. Its at the point where I know when a driver update etc has disabled immediately because I can see the 60hz movement straight away. I attribute a lot of my recent scoreboard gains to 165hz and gsync, there is no doubt I aim better with a higher refresh rate.

Okay. So I know that 144hz is a must for pro CS:GO players, but just in general, should I consider 144hz? If you come from CS:GO or you just happen to have a 144hz monitor, can you try your best to describe the difference between 60 and 144hz?

144hz is so much better, it is so much worse playing on a friends 60hz panel.. i would take 144hz 1080p over 1440p 60hz any day

I have a 60HZ LG ultra wide, a VG248QE (144hz) and a 75HZ Dell panel, and the 75hz panel looks much better than the 60hz, and that's a very small increase. The 144HZ is life changing.

nearly laughed my fucking ass off..

21.5 inches... LOL

save your money and get a 144hz monitor

I'm confused. Not sure why 21.5" is amusing. 

Anyway, I was previously getting this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vx228h

I currently have a 900p 19.5" monitor. I took this AOC because of the 1ms response time and I need two monitors for dual screen multi tasking. Two 144hz monitors pushes way past my budget and would require me to downgrade something in the system.

(Also I'm worried if a single 970 will even push 144fps...)

Anyway, I was previously getting this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vx228h

I currently have a 900p 19.5" monitor. I took this AOC because of the 1ms response time and I need two monitors for dual screen multi tasking. Two 144hz monitors pushes way past my budget and would require me to downgrade something in the system.

What games are you playing.

Anyway, I was previously getting this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vx228h

it wont push 144fps but it will push 90+ alot of the time and always if you are willing to adjust some settings

why would you need 2 144hz monitors? get one.. no point in getting shitty 60hz display.

21.5 inches is so small thats why its funny

What games are you playing.

- Geometry Dash

- Minecraft

- Blockade 3D

- TF2

- Startin Dota2

- Terraria

- Unturned

- Thinking about getting GTA v

- Undertale

it wont push 144fps but it will push 90+ alot of the time and always if you are willing to adjust some settings

why would you need 2 144hz monitors? get one.. no point in getting shitty 60hz display.

21.5 inches is so small thats why its funny

My current laptop display is 15.6" and my secondary 900p monitor is 19.5". I need two [insert refresh time here] monitors because I multi task. (Mainly for Twitch). 

And 60HZ isn't that bad... xD

My current laptop display is 15.6" and my secondary 900p monitor is 19.5". I need two [insert refresh time here] monitors because I multi task. (Mainly for Twitch). 

And 60HZ isn't that bad... xD

trust me.. if you get a 144hz playing on  a 60hz feels like console peasant faggit shit..

if you need to multitask just get a decent display and get another later.  buying a cheap shitty monitor doesnt make any sense