Controll my desktop with my laptop?

Tmt97

Would it be somehow possible to use my old macbook pro as a screen and keyboard for my PC, if it is somewhere else in the house? For example, say my desktop is running somewhere in my bedroom, and I am using the laptop downstairs in the living room. Is there someway to connect them? This would be very useful for me.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Would it be somehow possible to use my old macbook pro as a screen and keyboard for my PC, if it is somewhere else in the house? For example, say my desktop is running somewhere in my bedroom, and I am using the laptop downstairs in the living room. Is there someway to connect them? This would be very useful for me.

A Remote Session???

Download the Remote Desktop Client app in the Mac Store.

If you need guidance, here; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473012.aspx

You can use remote desktop connection.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18140

PC: EVGA SR2, 2x Xeon X5690 @ 4.5, 48gb GSkill Trident @ 1810, 2x Evga gtx 980 TI Classy, 6x 850 evo 250gb RAID 0, 2x WD 4tb, Corsair 900D, Custom Loop with Cpus And mobo, 3x Asus VN279q

OTher : EVGA x58 Classified3, Xeon x5679 @ 4.2, 12gb kingston HyperX fury, 2x Evga GTX 670, Adata sp550 120gb, 2x WD 2tb, Corsair Graphite Series 230T, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asus VG236H

A Remote Session???

Download the Remote Desktop Client app in the Mac Store.

If you need guidance, here; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473012.aspx

You can use remote desktop connection.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18140

So I dont even need a cable? :o You sirs have given me the holy grail!

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Could use teamviewer, you could access it from your phone also

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So I dont even need a cable? :o You sirs have given me the holy grail!

Just keep in mind a remote session can be pretty laggy.

Just keep in mind a remote session can be pretty laggy.

Thats fine, Its not like Ill be gaming off of it. I just wanna access my files, and maybe do a bit of web browsing.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Wait a minute... I'm assuming that it's going to be a problem that my desktop pc doesn't have a wireless card?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Thats fine, Its not like Ill be gaming off of it. I just wanna access my files, and maybe do a bit of web browsing.

You can access it this way from work as well.

Wait a minute... I'm assuming that it's going to be a problem that my desktop pc doesn't have a wireless card?

No, if your PC is connected to the internet, you'll be able to connect to it.

No, if your PC is connected to the internet, you'll be able to connect to it.

Well you see, thats the problem. xD It's not connected to the internet without my macbook pro. I literally just plug an ethernet port from my desktop to my laptop when i'm in my room in order to share the internet connection to my desktop. With my laptop downstairs that leaves the desktop upstairs disconnected to its only internet access. This is quite the confusing little puzzle I have to solve lol.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Not really...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKFYJX8/?tag=pcpapi-20

Plug that into your PC.

Thats assuming you have one of those things, or that you have $20 to spend on one. I have neither as I've spent practically every penny I have spare building this PC. I only have a budget of like $5 if I need to buy a wifi adapter, but I'm assuming there isn't one for that cheap seeing as the first one you suggested was over 4 times the price I could pay...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Thats assuming you have one of those things, or that you have $20 to spend on one. I have neither as I've spent practically every penny I have spare building this PC. I only have a budget of like $5 if I need to buy a wifi adapter, but I'm assuming there isn't one for that cheap seeing as the first one you suggested was over 4 times the price I could pay...

It's 23 dollars... Go shovel someones driveway or something... Lol

It's 23 dollars... Go shovel someones driveway or something... Lol

Glad you can afford that m8... Mocking me isn't going to make me be able to afford it however. Trust me, I really wish I could just toss $23 dollars around whenever I wanted some new gadget, but I'm in a very difficult situation, and I'm just trying to make the best of it. For me, that $23 is like 3 months of saving.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Glad you can afford that m8... Mocking me isn't going to make me be able to afford it however. Trust me, I really wish I could just toss $23 dollars around whenever I wanted some new gadget, but I'm in a very difficult situation, and I'm just trying to make the best of it. For me, that $23 is like 3 months of saving.

You just made $10 off of me. You can get pci wifi, and Bluetooth cards for like $5

You just made $10 off of me. You can get pci wifi, and Bluetooth cards for like $5

I did, but remember shipping was also payed for that, as well as a percentage that goes to paypal. If there are ones for $5 then I can afford that. I just havn't been able to find them. I'm not too familiar with wireless cards so I'm uncertain what I even need to look for when shopping for one.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

-

Spoiler

Current:5820k, GTX 1070, NZXT phantom, EVGA 850g2, 16GB DDR4, x99 deluxe, 850 Evo 120GB, 2x1tb RAID 1, 850 Evo 500GB

OLD rig/web server/screw around with/ Core 2 Quad Q6600, 6GB ddr2, 650watt older Antec, GTX 970, 1x640GB 2.5" 5400 RPM, 1x120GB SSD

LAPTOP// i5 6300HQ, Intel HD 530, 120gb 850 evo, 256GB Toshiba SATA M.2, 15.6" 1080P IPS, 8GB DDR3L Inspiron 7559

Spoiler

Phone: LG X Venture (Main Phone)

LG Nexus 5(2013) no service, but I have it rooted with a custom ROM and so the battery life is really good, so I use it for music and some other stuff, I only sometimes carry it with me

Spoiler

I did, but remember shipping was also payed for that, as well as a percentage that goes to paypal. If there are ones for $5 then I can afford that. I just havn't been able to find them. I'm not too familiar with wireless cards so I'm uncertain what I even need to look for when shopping for one.

How old are you? Jesus. Get off your ass and go do something. I wasn't even mocking you. You just took it offensively because you sound lazy as shit to me. If you really wanted an easy solution you'd take an easy job. Tried helping your ass and you think I'm mocking you. Lmao. Peace, don't reply to me.

How old are you? Jesus. Get off your ass and go do something. I wasn't even mocking you. You just took it offensively because you sound lazy as shit to me. If you really wanted an easy solution you'd take an easy job. Tried helping your ass and you think I'm mocking you. Lmao. Peace, don't reply to me.

You know what? Don't call me lazy till you've been in my shoes k? I have no drivers license, and no one to drive me anywhere to even get a job. The only social security money I have, I have to spend entirely on my expensive medical bills, and not even that covers them all. I don't have any family willing to teach me to drive, and I don't have friends IRL to help me with it either. I feel trapped in a situation I can't find a solution to, causing me severe anxiety and depression. I've been desperately looking for some way out of this hell hole, and I've even tried finding ways to make money online. I've spent months learning about computer components in order to start a business scrapping old computers to sell the parts, but I haven't really made profit on it so far since apparently I suck at business. You want to help me? Please, I'll take any ideas you have to get some kind of job, some way to get a drivers license, or really anything. You said don't reply, but I'm desperate so here I am.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You know what? Don't call me lazy till you've been in my shoes k? I have no drivers license, and no one to drive me anywhere to even get a job. The only social security money I have, I have to spend entirely on my expensive medical bills, and not even that covers them all. I don't have any family willing to teach me to drive, and I don't have friends IRL to help me with it either. I feel trapped in a situation I can't find a solution to, causing me severe anxiety and depression. I've been desperately looking for some way out of this hell hole, and I've even tried finding ways to make money online. I've spent months learning about computer components in order to start a business scrapping old computers to sell the parts, but I haven't really made profit on it so far since apparently I suck at business. You want to help me? Please, I'll take any ideas you have to get some kind of job, some way to get a drivers license, or really anything. You said don't reply, but I'm desperate so here I am.

If you want help then don't attack someone saying they are mocking you when they are helping you. I live pay check to pay check. I couldn't afford it right now either, but that isn't stopping me from finding an alternative way to earn money. Why do you need to drive? Can you walk? Can you do labor work? Also, you don't need someone to "teach" you how to drive. It's fairly easy especially automatic... A short YouTube video can show you that.

If you want help then don't attack someone saying they are mocking you when they are helping you. I live pay check to pay check. I couldn't afford it right now either, but that isn't stopping me from finding an alternative way to earn money. Why do you need to drive? Can you walk? Can you do labor work? Also, you don't need someone to "teach" you how to drive. It's fairly easy especially automatic... A short YouTube video can show you that.

Sorry I attacked you, but I guess I took what you said the wrong way. Its easy to do on the internet, and when reading it, it just sounded like you were trying to be rude and laugh at me. In my state you need to have a certain amount of hours practice behind the wheel in order to get a license, and another person has to be there with you. Even if I learned it off of youtube videos, I would still need someone to spend about 40 hours total sitting in the passenger seat, and thats what I meant when I said I have no family or friends willing to help with it. I can walk and do some labor(although I doubt an employer would hire me for such a job given that I am seriously out of shape), but I couldn't find anyone hiring within walking distance of me. In addition to the driving limitation I can't do any job that would put me around fumes or any other harsh materials I could breathe in, such as smoke, particles from insulation, many types of glue, or even just a place with unusually bad air quality.(Due to my aforementioned medical issues.)

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Sorry I attacked you, but I guess I took what you said the wrong way. Its easy to do on the internet, and when reading it, it just sounded like you were trying to be rude and laugh at me. In my state you need to have a certain amount of hours practice behind the wheel in order to get a license, and another person has to be there with you. Even if I learned it off of youtube videos, I would still need someone to spend about 40 hours total sitting in the passenger seat, and thats what I meant when I said I have no family or friends willing to help with it. I can walk and do some labor(although I doubt an employer would hire me for such a job given that I am seriously out of shape), but I couldn't find anyone hiring within walking distance of me. In addition to the driving limitation I can't do any job that would put me around fumes or any other harsh materials I could breathe in, such as smoke, particles from insulation, many types of glue, or even just a place with unusually bad air quality.(Due to my aforementioned medical issues.)

Also btw why are you looking for a way to access your desktop from your laptop, A simple thing when more serious issues are happening. Sort out your life,  not try to block these issues that are affecting you and simply saying that you can't because it's too hard. I have seen people worse than you and have come out of this dip in their life. Dayym even I have been there. You just need to do something to change what's wrong One Step At A Time.

LOL LIMEWIRE

Also btw why are you looking for a way to access your desktop from your laptop, A simple thing when more serious issues are happening. Sort out your life, not try to block these issues that are affecting you and simply saying that you can't because it's too hard. I have seen people worse than you and have come out of this dip in their life. Dayym even I have been there. You just need to do something to change what's wrong One Step At A Time.

The problem isnt that it's "too hard," i'd be happy to put the work in to sort things out if i just knew of any way to do so. I have tried many things, none have worked and now i cant come up with anything else. Its easy to say "just change whats wrong one step at a time," but im at a point where i dont even know what the first step is. I thought i needed to learn to drive first so that i could get a job, but as i said i have no friends or familly willing to spend time in the passengers seat as i learn which is required by law. I can't come up with a way around that one, so if you have any ideas I'd be happy to work to take that first step. Honestly, ive pretty much lost hope, as i have run out of ideas to get out of this situation, and no one else seems to have any ideas either once they hear all the details of my problem. Which leads me to computers. I end up spending time working on my PC, and playing video games because It seems like my actions actually have an effect when it comes to my pc. If i add an upgrade, i see an improvement. If i work hard to complete a quest, my character is rewarded. I know its a false sense of acomplishment, but atleast its something. When it comes to my peoblems in real life it seems like nothing i try to do has any effect on reality, no matter how hard i try. Im tired of running in circles, getting no closer to being out of my situation than yesterday or the day before. Im basically resdy to just shout to the world "give me some oppertunity to get out of this, or just kill me already!"

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!