Best bass head iem's under $150

smeek14

Hi. A year ago I purchased the Monster Turbines for $150. I liked them. I thought that they sounded good and had good bass. Thy recently broke. I'm looking for a new pair for under $150 with good sound and great bass response. They have to be as good or better than the monster turbines. My main genres are electronic dubstep and rap. My phone is an HTC one m8. I will be getting the galaxy s7 next spring. I would like to spend under $100 on the iem's if possible. Thanks in advance!!

First off, making them last more than a year depends entirely on how you treat them.

Also, what on earth does 'better bass' even mean? To me, that means toning down the bass from the monster turbines (which I owned at one point) and having it be as accurate as possible. I assume that is not what you're going for.

The most bass head IEMs that I know of are the Sony XB90 EX in ears. I owned those for a while too and they had some pretty extreme bass.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Better bass for me is more powerful. Thanks for your suggestion. It doesn't need an amp does it?

First off, making them last more than a year depends entirely on how you treat them.

Also, what on earth does 'better bass' even mean? To me, that means toning down the bass from the monster turbines (which I owned at one point) and having it be as accurate as possible. I assume that is not what you're going for.

The most bass head IEMs that I know of are the Sony XB90 EX in ears. I owned those for a while too and they had some pretty extreme bass.

Hi. A year ago I purchased the Monster Turbines for $150. I liked them. I thought that they sounded good and had good bass. Thy recently broke. I'm looking for a new pair for under $150 with good sound and great bass response. They have to be as good or better than the monster turbines. My main genres are electronic dubstep and rap. My phone is an HTC one m8. I will be getting the galaxy s7 next spring. I would like to spend under $100 on the iem's if possible. Thanks in advance!!

If you are a basshead and want GOOD bass, I am in love with the Yamaha EPH-100s. They are uncomfortable af with the stock eartips, but that can easily be fixed. They have really nice, controlled, and punchy bass. They will blow your monsters out of the water I'm sure.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Better bass for me is more powerful. Thanks for your suggestion. It doesn't need an amp does it?

I mean, nothing ever actually needs an amp. IEMs especially, since they are already super sensitive. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, nothing ever actually needs an amp. IEMs especially, since they are already super sensitive.

Electrostatic headphones. But not really an amp, but kind of.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Electrostatic headphones. But not really an amp, but kind of.

Electrostats use an energizer, not an amp. Not to mention, it doesn't just amplify the signal, since it fundamentally changes the signal, in that it also has to give the two electrodes on either side of the diaphragm opposing charges.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Electrostats use an energizer, not an amp. Not to mention, it doesn't just amplify the signal, since it fundamentally changes the signal, in that it also has to give the two electrodes on either side of the diaphragm opposing charges.

Yeah, so I guess that is completly different.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."