No more cracked games in two years?

post-941-0-90885700-1452192078.jpg

Apparently, one particular kind of DRM protection persists in giving more and more headaches to game crackers. If you wonder why there's still no working pirated release of Just Cause 3, look no further:

It is kind of a good warning, but Chinese cracking forum 3DM is warning that given the current state of anti-piracy technology, in two years there might be no more pirate games to play.

The claims come after attempts to breach the Denuvo security protecting Just Cause 3 pushed the group's cracking expert to breaking point.

One of the hottest topics involves the Avalanche Studios/Square Enix title Just Cause 3. Released on December 1, 2015 and despite massive demand, the game has still not been cracked. The problem appears to lie with the robustness of the technology protecting the game.

Just Cause 3 uses the latest iteration of Denuvo, an anti-tamper technology developed by Denuvo Software Solutions GmbH. While its secrets are best known to its creators, Denuvo is a secondary encryption system which protects existing and underlying DRM products.

In 2014 the product made the headlines after successfully protecting Dragon Age: Inquisition for almost a month, a very respectable time in cracking circles.

In the end it was Chinese cracking group 3DM that brought down that instance of Denuvo but the Austria-based company continued to tweak and achieved increasing protection periods on recent games in the FIFA series. FIFA 16 is currently Denuvo protected and that game still hasn't been cracked, despite being released in September.

But Just Cause 3 is the current hot potato and despite having released an endless supply of cracks for other titles (and having had success against Denuvo in the past), the cracks (excuse the pun) are beginning to show at 3DM.

Source: https://torrentfreak.com/no-more-pirate-games-in-two-years-group-warns-160106/

QQ pay for your game and you will be able to play it

Why is this even tech news

we dont even know if 3dm is even cracking it

edit: or there have a sneaky tactic that we will see once tomb rader comes out

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

I'm not too bothered about this, I have a job plus games on PC tend to be pretty affordable now.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

QQ pay for your game and you will be able to play it

Why is this even tech news

I love the old profile pic.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you wonder why there's still no working pirated release of Just Cause 3, look no further

Yes.

Because pirated video games not being easy enough to pirate are things we should be very concerned with.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

$#!@, No more free to play games :c I downloaded NFS: UG2 once.. and couldn't run it.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

I have bought and not bought games after cracking them and have to say that I was glad for the games I didn't spend any money on and the ones I really liked I bought. 

In my case the game developers could implement a 90min or so time limit to test a game without buying it

im still sceptical that something is uncrackable but if it does happen rip PC gaming. half the reason pc gaming is so good is because priate games keeps the industry honest.....with in a few years of uncrackable games pc gamers will be getting shafted just as hard as console gamers. 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Yeah right. Code is transparent, even if something is harder to crack doesn't mean it can't be done.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

im still sceptical that something is uncrackable but if it does happen rip PC gaming. half the reason pc gaming is so good is because priate games keeps the industry honest.....with in a few years of uncrackable games pc gamers will be getting shafted just as hard as console gamers. 

Even without piracy, the PC market still has more competition than the consoles. But point taken… Gabe Newell himself once said that the most effective way to beat piracy was by providing a better service than the pirates. Without pirates, they'd only need to provide a better service than Uplay.  :wacko:

Someone will do it, just like there is that one person on earth that does something nobody has done before. :) Piracy will never die, same as breaking a law will never stop.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Nothing is uncrackable, eventually they'll figure it out as always. Look at blu rays, it wasn't easy at first but now ripping one is no harder than tieing your shoelaces. Technology progresses and so do crackers.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Even without piracy, the PC market still has more competition than the consoles. But point taken… Gabe Newell himself once said that the most effective way to beat piracy was by providing a better service than the pirates. Without pirates, they'd only need to provide a better service than Uplay.  :wacko:

uplay....were all doomed

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I don't support pirating games, but I also don't support DRM (Denuvo most of all.) Kinda torn here. 

Trust me there will be cracked games in two years.

For one not ever publisher/dev is going to integrate their system due to either budget or technical issues.

Second there will always be people cracking/finding loop holes in the newest forms of DRM and encryption. That's why new revisions or technologies are created.

So to make the claim that games will be uncrackable is just stupid.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

you see, sadly if you can't pirate a game you cannot take a look before paying, and this makes any company free to fuck us hella over and still be paid for it

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Meh... They can say what they want. There will be no end to cracked games, it's just that some DRM is harder to crack than others. As DRM evolves, the cracker's skills will evolve. It's just that right now, DRM is evolving faster.

The only way cracked games will die off completely is if they all go multiplayer only.

seriously half of my steam games came from playing a pirated version of the game first then buying the game......some were full price only because i played the "demo" without this then i will simply either not buy or wait till there really cheap

So to make the claim that games will be uncrackable is just stupid.

You can make it uncrackable by hosting files and make some code be run on cloud  and streaming packets but thats another story.

I better not give them any ideas. lol, we might end up with DRM chips in brain in two years.

I hope DRM becomes perfected in the sense that it doesn't make the consumer (us) jump over these massive loops and holes to get thew software working, but also keeps crackers from being able to crack it. Honestly, I believe the market will stabilize (in price) if cracking is eradicated. Then the producers have an honest view of the consumption of their products.

I hope DRM becomes perfected in the sense that it doesn't make the consumer (us) jump over these massive loops and holes to get thew software working, but also keeps crackers from being able to crack it. Honestly, I believe the market will stabilize (in price) if cracking is eradicated. Then the producers have an honest view of the consumption of their products.

You tell me why US Citizens have 2nd amendment rights and i tell you why we should always have crackers regardless.

And no, i dont expect you know the answer i am looking for, but it will at least make you think about the latter.

I have bought and not bought games after cracking them and have to say that I was glad for the games I didn't spend any money on and the ones I really liked I bought. 

In my case the game developers could implement a 90min or so time limit to test a game without buying it

We have Steam, who will refund within 14 days OR if you've played less than 2 hours. That's pretty fair to me.