iPhone 7 Leaks 'Confirm' Apple Abandoning Headphone Jack

Section35

This rumor has been going on since the iPhone 4 but for some reason this time I believe it. A lot of headphone manufacturers are releasing lightning cable headphones, Wall Street figures are down, although that could be because of relaxation of Apple's crazy growth, and judging by Apple's recent design decisions for other products, it doesn't seem so outlandish.

Will this be a good move? No, it will be hugely unpopular with giant consumer backlash. Then again, Apple removed disk drives from their MacBooks which the entire industry scoffed at but look where we're at now. 

After having Android phones since Android 2.3 first came out I was seriously considering whether to get an IPhone on my next upgrade in June.

They just made my decision much easier now, not on your life.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm actually scared about this because other companies might follow in Apple's footsteps by making their own propitiatory port or use the USB port with adapters. 

LOL LIMEWIRE

"Innovation"

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Their stock dropped 27% since July, they lost $220 billion in market capitalization, pushing more accessories  will help them recover that faster.

If time travel ever becomes feasible, one should go back to when Apple was on the brink of being a goner and pull the plug. Sometimes I wonder if they want to reach that low point again, considering how Apple acts at times.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

That concept design looks butt ugly...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Isnt it weird that the last phone released before Steve Jobs died, the 4s was the last good phone they ever made.

actually the last iphone that was done by jobs and his team was the 5s (and early concepts of the 6) not the 4s 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Something tells me this rumor is BS. Well, actually, a lot tells me that.

Well I don't have an iPhone, but I can't remember the last time I've physically connected my phone to my car to listen to music as opposed to using bluetooth, so I really don't think that would be that big of an issue.

I'm sure splitters or whatnot will be made available for those people that still do physically connect though.

Also, that concept design looks utterly stupid. Someone must not have put much time into making it.

Do you use headphones ever?

Well, at least it'll be thinner! /s  I'd go back to Apple if they beefed up the specs and all.  The lack of connector doesn't really concern me personally as I never use headphones with my phone, nor earbuds, but even if I did - I'd probably get a pair of bluetooth in some form or another, or just connect it to the car.

Apple. Where Less costs More.

They could partner with Porsche and sell nothing, and still be successful.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Jeez, stop hating on Apple before they even do something, these are just LEAKS NOT REAL specs.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

If time travel ever becomes feasible, one should go back to when Apple was on the brink of being a goner and pull the plug. 

Can't, that starts a time-paradox.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Do you use headphones ever?

Nope. I use Apples earphones because I don't like the extra bulk of carrying around headphones, so I really have no problem with them going with a Lightning connector assuming the phone then comes with a set of Lightning earphones.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Well, at least it'll be thinner! /s  I'd go back to Apple if they beefed up the specs and all.  The lack of connector doesn't really concern me personally as I never use headphones with my phone, nor earbuds, but even if I did - I'd probably get a pair of bluetooth in some form or another, or just connect it to the car.

To my knowledge the 6S is the most powerful phone on the market currently (whether it's due to powerful hardware or optimized software, it doesn't matter). At least it was when it was released. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'll probably get an iPhone for my next phone because the older I get the less I want to put up with frequent Android app crashes, and the more simple I want my phone. I wouldn't mind Apple adding a bit of customization to the iPhone though. iOS whatever it's on now is incredibly ugly if you ask me. Needs more black. A nicer display would also be nice. I love my S6 Edge's display.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Well, this seems like a dumb move. I don't want to use a dongle-adapter just to plug in earbuds. At least i use Bluetooth for my headphones and car, but still. I don't like it.

So FUCKING retarded. If they don't make splitters I'll just get a galaxy tbh

actually the last iphone that was done by jobs and his team was the 5s (and early concepts of the 6) not the 4s

But the last one that he actually got to see released is the 4s

Something tells me this rumor is BS. Well, actually, a lot tells me that.

What gave it away, other than the 3.5mm jack being the main universal wired headphone jack and the amount of times this gets brought up whenever Apple gets close to releasing a new phone?

But the last one that he actually got to see released is the 4s

yes but they had the final version of the 5s when he was still alive  and i consider the 5 or 5s to be the best iphone just because i hated the glass back on the 4

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

If this does end up being true, I doubt it would simply be so they could make it thinner. Apple could shave off a couple millimetres and they'd still have room for the headphone jack. The bigger benefit would be that it would free up room on the inside of the phone for other things, like maybe some extra battery or something. To be honest though, I take any iPhone rumour this far out with a truck load of salt. We are still about half a year or so before manufacturing starts for the next iPhone.

Basically this allowes them to be able to use headphones with way higher impidence since now when you try to run headphones with more than 50ohm you can't almost hear them at full volume which with their no doubt best DACs on the mobile phone market will allow them to take the lead in the mobile audio department which is good thing since other companies will have to catch up somehow and this will push whole smartphone market into better sound quality.

Now I am never going to consider getting an iPhone... thanks, Apple, for making things simpler for me...

Insinuating everything Jobs did was logical?