iPhone 7 Leaks 'Confirm' Apple Abandoning Headphone Jack

Section35

Yes, because when Apple does something, research will triple for it and thousands of companies will start making more Bluetooth products.

/s.

Apple still owns less than 20% of the market share in smartphone sales. Are you sure that 100% of companies will start researching development in a <20% market? People are not against Apple itself. People are against stupid ideas like this, and stupid people like you who praise Apple as a god when they make bad decisions. 

People are refuting your claims because they are wrong. Bluetooth doesn't sound as good, Bluetooth is more expensive, Bluetooth uses more battery, Bluetooth will not be totally supported by everybody because Apple did it. Prove me wrong.

That's exactly what would happen. If apple does something everyone does it. If you dont see the trend, then there is literally no point in having a conversation with you

And then you repeat the same old boring statement without any valid evidences. Again I'm talking about the good pairs

Bluetooth is NOT an evolution from the 3.5 jack. It's an alternative as well as the only option if you need it to be wireless. But if you think forcing people who could use a cable no problem to pay 100$ extra on their headphones and charge them regularly is a good idea, think again. Cabled headphones are not something that needs to go, not when they have distinct advantages over bluetooth ones and are significantly cheaper.

If this is true it's nonsense and the only reason to do it is sparing production money by not including a dac and selling you overpriced apple certified garbage if you want to use the headphones you already own.

If this was because the jack is "old technology" and we need to "move on", can you point me the extra dedicated usb port? Because it doesn't look like there is one and I would be incredibly surprised if it appeared in the final release.

I'd call out any other company that would try and pull this bullshit, it just so happens that in this case it's apple and frankly they're the only ones I would have expected it from.

Who says they'll include headphones? There was a point where they didn't even include a charger iirc. They'll just sell it you you separately for 70$ or under the beats brand.

I've been through this like 5 times. The wheel just keeps turning, bring out something new. Anyone can claim your second last statement, since i dont have the ability to traverse through multiple timelines

It really doesn't matter, since all wireless devices needs a wire to charge it. I've also seen many people with laptops just not care and leave the charger in almost all the time anyway. With wired, you have the freedom of not caring about when your device is going to run out of the battery, simply because it is powered by the wire. The benefit of no charge maintenance is a very strong one, especially when batteries slowly die anyway. And the feeling of forgetting the charger for your wireless device is a very big problem. Wireless devices have far more problems than a wired device.

Finally someone who actually brought a valid point: Battery Life and the very idea of charging it.

As far as I see that is the only disadvantage albeit a big one though. But I guess since the jaybirds last like for a week with moderate usage, i dont think its that much of concern. Battery will not be evolving anytime soon but rapid charging will. It will be definitely possible to make one that charges like in a minute or two

Degradation is less of a concern now that batteries do hold up for a much longer time

You never "said it." But you most certainty implied it. You're implying that's the way we should progress forward, and wired networks are an old technology that should be deprecated. 

Yes, you can hide cables by running them behind walls. It's very easy to patch drywall. 

Your usage of the word or, again, is implying to progress towards that and leave the older technology behind, not bringing it with us. I mean, your whole argument is to make everything wireless. Why would you then have anything that could potentially be used wired? That's what Apple might be doing here. They removed the old source of a wired headphone. So, you would be removing the ability to use a physical external drive, and you would be forced to use a cloud service.

You can't act like you're on one side, and then flip flop.

Again you keep repeating the same god damn thing. I never said it should be deprecated rather replaced on where it make little to no difference

"Its easy to patch a drywall". Its easier to use radio waves genius. Besides I have concrete so the very idea of drilling is a nightmare

Did you read the word I wrote before OR? What are you in kindergarten? I said wireless storage like your phone or a wireless backup disk, etc.

I am on one side and we're goddamn talking about earphones not internet. 

​I won't be replying to anything after this as I just wasted two and a half hours of my lifetime conversing to fellow rigid members. Peace xD

Everything wireless.... imagine all the cancer patients standing in droves outside each hospital in the near future, big pharma will be happy at least.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

Finally someone who actually brought a valid point: Battery Life and the very idea of charging it.

Lol, literally all the first 3 people you quoted brought up the battery. Did you even read them?

Nobody cares how long it takes to charge it, the very idea of needing to have yet another charger on my person just to use earbuds that could just as well be wired with no downsides is ridiculous.

Maybe you don't care about wired headphones/earbuds and this is fine for you, but you can't claim this is a step forward. We had support for bluetooth in phones for more than a decade at this point, wireless headphones exist in large numbers and they happily coexist with wired ones. There is no point whatsoever to forcing people to use them as they already have all the industry support they need - whatever type of headphone you want has wireless models. This is a pure loss, nothing is gained.

As for whether I'm biased or not, there have been multiple instances of things that apple did that I considered good, even if I didn't like the product. This on the other hand is either just bad engineering or an attempt to make even higher margins. It has 0 benefits for the user and I'm bewildered at the fact that we are even arguing about it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ever heard of Bluetooth?

But why should I have to buy new Bluetooth headphones...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

That's exactly what would happen. If apple does something everyone does it. If you dont see the trend, then there is literally no point in having a conversation with you

Sure. You can believe what you want, show no evidence, and believe it is truth. That's fine by me.

You are wrong in so many ways yet believe you are right. What a sad lifestyle. If you think we're rigid, look at your posts.

I used to be quite active here.

-snip-

The part you're are forgetting that as the number of wireless devices increases, so does interference. The grand majority of wireless connections run at the 2.4GHz band with newer tech running at 5GHz. Even if the the interface is different, such as Bluetooth vs Wifi, each will still receive interference from the other. It's also worth noting that while 5GHz is much faster and usually seen as superior, it is more susceptible to interference despite less devices using it. As great as convenience is, it shouldn't take precedence over functionality. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Maybe we should rage about this possibility later when we have actual leaks and not some random rumors. It's still 9 months before the phone will be announced so nothing is concrete yet.

It's also worth noting, if you live in a built up area, 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz are insanely congested.

This.

I've seen as many as 10 networks on a channel... nothing worked right.

Battery will not be evolving anytime soon but rapid charging will. It will be definitely possible to make one that charges like in a minute or two

Degradation is less of a concern now that batteries do hold up for a much longer time

Rapid charging requires battery evolution if you want them to continue to last. Rapid charging/discharging can increase degradation rates dramatically outside of a few very specific circumstances.

Never bought an apple product. Certainly won't now. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

magic_mouse_2_charging.jpg

ipad_pro_apple_pencil_comp.jpg

The monkeys who work at apple's design team are making me very proud. Excellent work lowering the company's worth. Same goes for the gorilla who approved this

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I don't see this being true. Look at that image, the phone's black, completely un-apple like.

post-85188-0-69723800-1452207129_thumb.j

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Hopefully the 3.5mm jack removal rumors is just a trial balloon to gauge the public reactions if they actually do it.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

I think jony ive is either crazy or has dementia...

Seriously? If the single usb-c on the macbook wasn't bad enough already not this?

I need an adaptor if I want to listen to music through a 3.5mm head phone? (facepalm)

Secretly apple just does this to sell super overpriced battery packs because their phone is so thin, scam of the century.

i seriously loved trying my uncles overpriced 6s+. I also thought about how i should get a iphone some time and do the classic jail break that i used to love doing. But this completely turned me off. and once my uncle finds out he will probably be pissed because he will have to go back to a future galaxy note. He lives off of using the headphone jack while running his business. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

lol Apple seems to be going completely backwards.  This is as dumb as macbook having only 1 usb port. I bet it's all just a ploy to get people to spend $100 on a stupid adapter.

Ok, they used to black phones, but now they only sell the horrible space grey. As such, it'd be un-apple like to sell a black phone now.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I dont think its true

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I dont think its true

Sadly I believe it. 

Although like I said before, in a way I see this as a good thing as hopefully either Apple themselves will push a better bluetooth streaming standard or they'll encourage the development of one. Buying a pair of bluetooth earbuds was honestly one of the best decisions I've made recently. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Isnt it weird that the last phone released before Steve Jobs died, the 4s was the last good phone they ever made.

Sadly I believe it. 

Although like I said before, in a way I see this as a good thing as hopefully either Apple themselves will push a better bluetooth streaming standard or they'll encourage the development of one. Buying a pair of bluetooth earbuds was honestly one of the best decisions I've made recently. 

BUt what about proper, current wired headphones?

I assume there will be some sort of (expensive) adapter?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You guys are such delusionists

I'm positive that Apple not trying to move away from the standard but rather forcibly evolve the industry. Good Bluetooth headphones are only in the very minor part of the markets today, that is until the iPhone 7 launches.

Apple ditching the old 3.5mm jack would mean goodbye wired headphones but noooo people especially in this forum gets tacky when it comes to apple and would rather prefer to old tech. 

Lightning standard is just a mere alternative for those 0.0001% pur audiophiles who wants to use their 10,000 headphone with their phone (which they shouldn't be in the first place)

I'm glad apple will be doing this as they're forcibly pushing the industry forward, but you guys can still act dumb and thank apple 5 years later when wired headphones will be like 90s tech 

or apple could switch to Usb C...............

Isnt it weird that the last phone released before Steve Jobs died, the 4s was the last good phone they ever made.

YES! Thank the fucking Lord that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Hey, Apple. If you're gonna push a new fucking standard, better include a headphone adapter to Lightning port. Otherwise I'm getting a OnePlus 2 or even 3 if it's out by then.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

BUt what about proper, current wired headphones?

I assume there will be some sort of (expensive) adapter?

Like I said, I'm not happy about the move and I wouldn't get an iPhone 7 unless there was a good solution. I wouldn't consider a 3.5mm to lightning adapter a good solution -- if someone made a good bluetooth transmitter/adapter for pre-existing headphones, that worked will, then I would consider it. 

Although with that said, I also don't really have a compelling reason to upgrade unless a new/amazing feature is added -- I basically upgrade when I need to due to performance or some other amazing 'feature'. I went from a standard flip phone to an LG Envy 2 because it had a full qwerty keyboard, then I went to a Droid X because it was a smartphone, which I upgraded to an HTC thunderbolt for 4G, which I upgraded to a Droid Razr Maxx for amazing battery life and better 4G performance, which I upgraded to a 5s when it started to become incredibly glitchy when rooted/slow when not, which I upgraded to my 6s+ when I wanted a bigger screen.)

YES! Thank the fucking Lord that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Hey, Apple. If you're gonna push a new fucking standard, better include a headphone adapter to Lightning port. Otherwise I'm getting a OnePlus 2 or even 3 if it's out by then.

Enjoy terrible customer support and shitty quality control :P 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I dont think its true

Need I remind you that this is the same company that took a Macbook air, stripped thunderbolt and USB ports and put in one USB Type c and 3.5mm jack on their Macbook 2015 FOR THINNESS.And I know they did it for just THINNESS because ncix tech tips put out a video of the Asus zenbook that's even thinner and has more ports

And yet another adapter you can buy at the apple store (or cheaply from China).