iPhone 7 Leaks 'Confirm' Apple Abandoning Headphone Jack

Section35

I've heard this rumor a bunch and think it may be valid and that apple may do it, but that render looks pretty gaudy.

watch that render be the real deal. since when hasent a damn render of the phones come to be somewhat the real thing? we saw renders of the 6 and though it wont look like an ipod, but it kinda did. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

This is going to be an interesting move on apple's part. But if I'm not unable to use my 3.5mm headphones well...

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Some of you guys say that you don't use the jack at all cause you use bluetooth while in the car, but you seem to forget that people actually use headphones when walking or using public transport. Sure, you can use bluetooth headsets, but most people don't. I still hope Apple doesn't do something that stupid, I don't want to go back to Android after just one iPhone  :lol:

This is going to be an interesting move on apple's part. But if I'm not unable to use my 3.5mm headphones well...

I agree! 

-edit- totally just realised all my headphones are bluetooth, and my music in the living room is streamed from a NAS or my phone.

Some of you guys say that you don't use the jack at all cause you use bluetooth while in the car, but you seem to forget that people actually use headphones when walking or using public transport. Sure, you can use bluetooth headsets, but most people don't. I still hope Apple doesn't do something that stupid, I don't want to go back to Android after just one iPhone  :lol:

im one of those people and I specificly said I don't so I don't think I will be impacted. Most people will be and they need to decide if they like the Apple ecosystem and change or switch to a different platforum. I don't think anyone is just assuming everyone uses Bluetooth and won't be affected by this. We are also just going off rumours right now so it might never come to pass.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

So stupid. But then again most of what they do is stupid so I'm not surprised.

Apple. Where Less costs More.

lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I dont think apple will do the same mistake agaim by putting only one port on a device, they recieved so much hate for the macbook with its one usb-c port, now the rumor could be true and apple may ditch the 3.5mm but im very positive that they will have sometin else to replace it with instead of using the lightning port for everything

u want more battery ? buy our 99.99$ battery pack case thingy

u want to use ur 3.5mm headphones buy out 29.99$ adapter

if this is true then things are getting ridiculous at apple

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Terrible news, you'll have to wait like 3 full days before the Chinese flood the market with 3.5 to apple-bs-format adapters. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

meh, i just want to listen the fudge cook will spit out to show us how digital is better than analogue

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha x100

I already knew about the no head jack thing but seeing the phone earlier now is just epic.

I can't wait for another bend test by Unboxtherapy

Another slim phone everyone is going to put in a case.. I bet it's battery is shit like the last one and another battery case will show up.

Goddamn it apple designer you're dumb, go back to the iPhone 4 design.

The iPhone 4 design is nothing special and the 6 is better than it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

iPhone 8 "Apple removes battery, the only way you can use your phone is by sacrificing your soul"

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

apple wouldn't go through with that, as for one thing they'd have to include more expensive earphones and that'll reduce their already huge profit margin.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

You guys are such delusionists

I'm positive that Apple not trying to move away from the standard but rather forcibly evolve the industry. Good Bluetooth headphones are only in the very minor part of the markets today, that is until the iPhone 7 launches.

Apple ditching the old 3.5mm jack would mean goodbye wired headphones but noooo people especially in this forum gets tacky when it comes to apple and would rather prefer to old tech. 

Lightning standard is just a mere alternative for those 0.0001% pur audiophiles who wants to use their 10,000 headphone with their phone (which they shouldn't be in the first place)

I'm glad apple will be doing this as they're forcibly pushing the industry forward, but you guys can still act dumb and thank apple 5 years later when wired headphones will be like 90s tech 

Ridiculous.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

apple wouldn't go through with that, as for one thing they'd have to include more expensive earphones and that'll reduce their already huge profit margin.

Well rumors are that they're going to include bluetooth earpods which would be pretty bold

I dont think apple will do the same mistake agaim by putting only one port on a device, they recieved so much hate for the macbook with its one usb-c port, now the rumor could be true and apple may ditch the 3.5mm but im very positive that they will have sometin else to replace it with instead of using the lightning port for everything

Them getting so much hate is from the minority of tech enthusiast while most people don't care. Maybe just maybe they might add another USB port to the other side but i doubt its going to go anything beyond that because frankly that just future where everything goes wireless. It's only just matter of time that the transition happens and someone has to start it and who's better to do this than apple....

If this happens which I hope it does, bluetooth headphones is going to be helluva lot cheaper and much more mainstream like how phones and tablets have become

So now Im gonna have to buy a $70 adapter to charge and listen to music at the same time? Why not just two Lightning ports?

-_-

Ever heard of Bluetooth?

I have no issues with this. In fact, get rid of the lightning connector while you're at it.

Bluetooth, Wifi, 4G, and wireless charging. 

I use bluetooth headphones at the gym and QI charging on my S6, I haven't plugged anything into it in months.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The iPhone 4 design is nothing special and the 6 is better than it.

Who care which is better, this is about design not specs, at lest the Iphone 4 didn't bend and had to go trough a redesign just to prevent that. nor did it need a stupid Battery case to last a freaking day. 

Not to mention that stupid camera bump, let´s se how long it will last without a case protecting it.

It´s a joke, if they remade the Iphone 4 at the same size as the 6 with modern specs but kept the design im sure it would be a hit. 

Now I am never going to consider getting an iPhone... thanks, Apple, for making things simpler for me...

Same here. I was actually starting to get fond and liking iTunes and my iPod touch but now nope, I will stick with my Blackberry q10 ha

-snip-

i'm all for decent bluetooth earphones and headphones, but what about people who've spent a ton on them all with 3.5mm jacks, and i'm not going to be buying a bluetooth adaptor to plug them in to which is clumsy and clunky, when you may as well plug them into the device, and even if the adaptor is lightening to 3.5 or type-c to 3.5,  that's still going to be bulky.

but there is no need for any device to ditch the 3.5mm jack, as if phones get and thinner they'll snap and you won't be able to hold them, as they are getting too thin even with a 3.5 jack.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Who care which is better, this is about design not specs, at lest the Iphone 4 didn't bend and had to go trough a redesign just to prevent that. nor did it need a stupid Battery case to last a freaking day. 

Not to mention that stupid camera bump, let´s se how long it will last without a case protecting it.

It´s a joke, if they remade the Iphone 4 at the same size as the 6 with modern specs but kept the design im sure it would be a hit.

I never mentioned specs so I don't know why you would think I meant specs. Yeah, it totally bends like really since when does aluminium bends when you apply a lot of force to it ? jokes aside in normal use you will never apply that much force to the phone and if you're that worried the 6s has the 7000 series aluminium so you can apply even more force before it bends ( no idea why you would do that tho). Yeah the camera pump is stupid I agree with that and no it won't break it's made of sapphire so it's fine.. The battery it depends on your usage and it has only about 3-3.5 hours on screen time so yeah that sucks. And I totally disagree, I've yet to meet a person who says the iPhone 4 design is better than the iPhone 6, and from my limited use the iPhone 6 design just looks better and feel more comfortable for me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i'm all for decent bluetooth earphones and headphones, but what about people who've spent a ton on them all with 3.5mm jacks, and i'm not going to be buying a bluetooth adaptor to plug them in to which is clumsy and clunky, when you may as well plug them into the device, and even if the adaptor is lightening to 3.5 or type-c to 3.5,  that's still going to be bulky.

but there is no need for any device to ditch the 3.5mm jack, as if phones get and thinner they'll snap and you won't be able to hold them, as they are getting too thin even with a 3.5 jack.

Do you remember how many people invested on tape recorders and cartridges

Do you know how many people invested on CDs and DVDs

Similarly many people may have invested on headphones but it shouldn't inhibit the evolution of technology. Lightning port will be the absolute last resort if someone completely refuses wireless headphones.

Some day wired headphones needs to go away and it'll never go away unless a company like apple steps in. Of course its going to create frustrations at the start but 5 years later we will thank apple for making 80% audio industry go wireless. IMO I think its great that they're doing it and makes the future less annyoing

Just shut up about this whole overblown bending thing. The 6P bends like aluminium foil yet no one seems to care and nor should people. Most phones at the time including S4 and a couple others were also prone to bending. Again it was a very minor problem and no one should give a damn about it unless it happens to you.

And anyways they didn't have to redesign, rather just move a screw position and tweak the metal concentrations. So that whole overblown chapter is over

Second the 6S has similar battery to all previous iPhones if not better and has similar battery to all normal sized flagships phones while 6S has pretty amazing battery life. So rather than acting like dumb and complaining only about apple you should rather complain about the whole industry or not mention it

Hypocrisy at its finest 

On the bright side, this will mean bluetooth headphones/adapters will become more popular. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.