iPhone 7 Leaks 'Confirm' Apple Abandoning Headphone Jack

Section35

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/01/06/iphone-7-loses-headphone-jack/

"A pair of sources from within Apple’s Chinese supply chain have both independently confirmed Apple will ditch the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 and use the Lightning port instead."

I'm glad I don't use an iOS device, but you guys might be interested in this, as it may end up (if manufacturing goes this way) that you can't charge your phone in the car and listen to music at the same time anymore.

Screenshot-2015-12-22-at-18.03.08-1200x6

iPhone 7 concept design without headphone jack. Image credit: Handy Abovergleich

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

Well I don't have an iPhone, but I can't remember the last time I've physically connected my phone to my car to listen to music as opposed to using bluetooth, so I really don't think that would be that big of an issue.

I'm sure splitters or whatnot will be made available for those people that still do physically connect though.

Also, that concept design looks utterly stupid. Someone must not have put much time into making it.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If this is true does it suck to support apple man that so dumb it needs to be thinner what can we get rid of i know the headphone jack fing genius. 

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

we removed the headphone jack, how is this better you might ask, well your new phone is 0.2mm slimmer but still has a camera bump and you will probably through it in a bulky case, and you didn't care how thin our last phone was, but its better trust is i mean design is way more important then functionality

Im a Music Addict and PROUD OF IT! I own an iPhone 5 now and I LOVE IT and if Apple doesn't fix this SHIT... I will NEVER use any of their devices AGAIN. Who cares if its super thin but you have to carry around a lightning to 3.5mm adapter or can't charge while listening to music?!?!?!

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

we removed the headphone jack, how is this better you might ask, well your new phone is 0.2mm slimmer but still has a camera bump and you will probably through it in a bulky case, and you didn't care how thin our last phone was, but its better trust is i mean design is way more important then functionality

magic_mouse_2_charging.jpg

ipad_pro_apple_pencil_comp.jpg

*NEW* Beats with exclusive Lightning connectivity - giving you the best audio experience possible.

Blah blah.

I will ditch iPhone in a heartbeat, as I'm not giving up my hi-fi cans.

Assuming they do, as long as they provide a lightning to 3.5mm DAC, I'm okay with this. However if history has taught me anything is that they'll charge a premium price for extended support, just like the Macbook Air.

Most cars now have Bluetooth or USB so you can still charge and listen to music. I honestly never even use the audio jack on my phone. It's always through USB or Bluetooth so I personally don't have an issue with this. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I don't see this being true. Look at that image, the phone's black, completely un-apple like.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I'm going to stick with my cheaply replaced 3.5mm buds because no matter how expensive they are they will get wrecked.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha x100

I already knew about the no head jack thing but seeing the phone earlier now is just epic.

I can't wait for another bend test by Unboxtherapy

Another slim phone everyone is going to put in a case.. I bet it's battery is shit like the last one and another battery case will show up.

Goddamn it apple designer you're dumb, go back to the iPhone 4 design.

Well at least they'll be able to sell a lot more "Beats"TM cans /w USB-c support.  Too bad for everyone else that makes headphones.

I don't see this being true. Look at that image, the phone's black, completely un-apple like.

that's not black... it's 'space gray'...

So... Bendgate for real this time?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

They could at least put another speaker where the jack was...

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

So now Im gonna have to buy a $70 adapter to charge and listen to music at the same time? Why not just two Lightning ports?

-_-

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)