Why I'm glad with finally having 8GB of RAM.

I can finally have this many tabs open with no slowdowns from a crappy 2004 laptop as of Christmas Day a week ago when i built my first PC (no prebuilts!).

post-297086-0-16767100-1452144356_thumb.

Get on my lvl m8

I have tabs spanning a triple 1080p eyefinity setup and they are still so condensed that the titles do not show

"Give me a chance to go through all of my tabs to find that page I was talking about. Get yourself some breakfast. This could be a while."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Get on my lvl m8

I have tabs spanning a triple 1080p eyefinity setup and they are still so condensed that the titles do not show

But why 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

"Give me a chance to go through all of my tabs to find that page I was talking about. Get yourself some breakfast. This could be a while."

Basically exactly this ^^

Edit: Thanks for the signature m8

Edit: Thanks for the signature m8

Better give me some credit in that signature of yours :P

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Its crazy to think that even the $200-300 laptops from Best Buy are coming standard with 8GB of ram now.

I think its crazy that one can drive a mile and pick up 8GB of RAM for 30 bucks. Because I did that.

lmao

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I need to upgrade my ram as well I have 1 stick of 8gigs but with Star Citizen 2.0 I can no longer run it, but it has more to do with my processor than my lack of ram at this point. lol.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Get on my lvl m8

Bookmarks exist for a reason.  Don't ask what's in them.  Every folder is at least 20 websites, and from the scroll bar you can see how many more I've got.

R3wdhKQ.png

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I just put 16GB of RAM into my server. It used to have less than 4GB usable - I ran an MC server on it along with being a file server. I literally had something like 150MB of RAM left.

Havent used bookmarks in years. All of these tabs were all opened by me in one sitting. Also TOR and Dad's movies...?

Dad had a few request for some really old ass movies that I had to find in torrents, one folder was a list of Google searches, the other was potential torrent sites that had them.  Shows that were never released on DVD and had to rely on VHS copied to DVD for many of them ):

Bookmarks exist for a reason.  Don't ask what's in them.  Every folder is at least 20 websites, and from the scroll bar you can see how many more I've got.

R3wdhKQ.png

Asian?! Is there something we should know?...

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Havent used bookmarks in years. All of these tabs were all opened by me in one sitting. Also TOR and Dad's movies...?

nice signature update.  :D  that was quick.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Asian?! Is there something we should know?...

You know, things and stuff.. ;)

Bookmarks exist for a reason. Don't ask what's in them. Every folder is at least 20 websites, and from the scroll bar you can see how many more I've got.

R3wdhKQ.png

And I can just imagine what is in the "b" folder :D

For me having 16 is really nice because recently I've been hitting 10-12 while in JC3 with my normal stuff open in the background

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

And the 50 other folders ;)  The rest were...NSFW

BDSM? :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

As for the OP, I've spend 3 years with 2GB, 3 years with 4GB and 1 year with 8GB so far. I can safely say 8GB is beyond what I NEED and 6GB would still work perfectly fine for me.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

or you could not use chrome...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K