W10 there was a problem resetting your PC

MattWakey

So I'm having some problems with my PC at the moment and I could do wig having it reset anyhow, but when I go to settings > update and security > recovery > reset this PC > remove everything it comes up with this

post-154408-0-69345600-1452117489_thumb.

Really could do with a solution ALL help appreciated

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

So I'm having some problems with my PC at the moment and I could do wig having it reset anyhow, but when I go to settings > update and security > recovery > reset this PC > remove everything it comes up with this

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Really could do with a solution ALL help appreciated

Are you very low on disk space?

Have you deleted any large files in the Windows directory recently (possibly files for restoration)?

Almost as cool as my temps  

Are you very low on disk space?

Have you deleted any large files in the Windows directory recently (possibly files for restoration)?

No and no

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

No and no

If you choose 'Advanced startup' rather than reset, and then try doing the reset during the next boot rather than while in Windows, does it make a difference?

If you choose 'Advanced startup' rather than reset, and then try doing the reset during the next boot rather than while in Windows, does it make a difference?

resetting from the trouble shoot menu worked thank you very much

First Build:

Just ran into an issue it as resetting, got to 50% and said that there was a problem again...

First Build:

Just ran into an issue it as resetting, got to 50% and said that there was a problem again...

Did it give any details on the problem?

Did it give any details on the problem?

Nope said the same message as before and now I can't boot into my OS, I'm stuck like this-post-154408-0-33112700-1452120542_thumb.

I think I'm gonna need to make a separate post for this...

First Build:

Nope said the same message as before and now I can't boot into my OS, I'm stuck like this-attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think I'm gonna need to make a separate post for this...

Assuming it failed halfway through resetting, you may have to go the route of a repair (In that troubleshoot menu). This would require a Windows 10 ISO burned to a USB drive/DVD.

This would achieve the same result as the reset but a bit cleaner.

Assuming it failed halfway through resetting, you may have to go the route of a repair (In that troubleshoot menu). This would require a Windows 10 ISO burned to a USB drive/DVD.

This would achieve the same result as the reset but a bit cleaner.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that, would a recovery disk of Windows 10 work? Is it okay to leave my computer turned off until I can aquire an iso and when I next boot will it take me to this menu?

First Build:

I was hoping you wouldn't say that, would a recovery disk of Windows 10 work? Is it okay to leave my computer turned off until I can aquire an iso and when I next boot will it take me to this menu?

When you next boot, it will either boot into Windows normally, or boot into that menu (having not been able to successfully boot Windows).

A recovery disk might just contain your personal files rather than system files.