AdTrap - No More Ads On Any Device

AdTrap a device that you can hook up to your modem/router and no more ads!!!

http://www.getadtrap.com/

With this device you can block ads on any device including you mobile, tablets etc (even those on free to play games/apps on ios and android), it can also potentially blocks ads from iptv.

This type of technology if actually embed into the modem/router itself can have a huge impact.

On one hand we as consumer will benefit from getting rid of the pesky ads which have completely  taken over any website/game/app etc. Which are so frustrating at times specially advertisement with adult content.

But on the other companies/websites that only rely on advertisement as their prime revenue stream could potentially close down. Even big giants like Google rely on them heavily and specially the free apps and games.

P.s:- To anyone who is going to point out ad block etc. Yes I am aware of them but this is a completely different take on blocking the ads.

NOOOOOOOO! More adblockers!?!?!

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I really wonder what is going to happen when we get to the point where everyone is using an Ad blocker...

Really? If everyone starts using stuff to block ads then everything on the internet will either die or require a monthly payment.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

DON'T USE A ADBLOCKER MAN COME ON. Linus needs to be able to feed his family and stuff too!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

DIE ADBLOCK 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

But Adblock is free, and available on (most) devices....

Yes but what if things like these get bulit into the modem/router?

Really? If everyone starts using stuff to block ads then everything on the internet will either die or require a monthly payment.

I agree!

WTF 140$ GL!

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

OMG! Stop Using Add Block!

Why? we love it

I am a happy wuffy

I really wonder what is going to happen when we get to the point where everyone is using an Ad blocker...

We won't have an internet anymore...

OMG! Stop Using Add Block!

DON'T USE A ADBLOCKER MAN COME ON. Linus needs to be able to feed his family and stuff too!

I disabled AdBlock for the forums :)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

thats stupid u can already do this with 3rd party firmware

140$ is overkill buy a 30$ used WNR3500L which has a powerful BCM4718 soc and just flash ddwrt or tomato and block

i believe u could block ads through dns

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

really adblock is free

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Rather use Adblock on the PC, as it's free and works well at keeping unwanted ads at bay.

Not going to pay $139 just to block ads. AdBlock is free so that would be a better choice than this.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

All websites will probably block traffic with adblock installed. Most average users won't be able to get around the block and would disable their adblock.

"The internet is a series of tubes"

I disabled AdBlock for the forums :)

And YOUTUBE! Forums barely has any ads, it's his YouTube channel he depends on!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

He gets funding from his sponsors. His videos have ads embedded into them. He's not going to starve even if everyone on the forum uses Adblock. Do not blow it out of proportion. There's also a donate button on the page, which I imagine he gets donations.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

geez.... this adblocking stuff in my opinion should be insanely expensive and overpriced. This ad trap box should be like $2500... its not good for everyone to buy this kind of stuff. Some people on the internet use ads to survive. People need to do their best to support these people and miniscule, non pop-up ads are a very effective way for people to do this.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

As soon as server processing power becomes monumentally more powerful, servers will splice video ads directly into video streams.  There will come a day when people wish they had never used AdBlock.  It's because the companies and corporations will find more aggressive ways to incorporate ads.

I am fairly sure that one day, and possibly during my lifetime, we will no longer see a website that is downloaded as a text file and image/media embeds.  Instead, it will be an entirely controlled video stream where rendering is performed elsewhere.  This rendering will contain meta-data which serve as the markers for interactivity (mouse clicks, text input, etc.).  As soon as a website becomes a video feed, this means that entire 15 second, unblockable, unskippable ads will exist.  You will WISH you had the "old Internet" with basic ads that we have today.

oh please.  before linus was vocal about adblock I'm sure a lot of you were using it, hell I was  using it  because ads could become intrusive as hell, remember when those video ad started poping up everywhere ? they were annoying and would distort the page, I once got a major malware infection because of a malware ad that popped up, I understand why linus dislike adblock bit really  he embeds and has sponsorships, I dont think he is starving at the moment

p.s. I dont use it anymore because It has switched to opera which has a built in "do not track option"

as for this device, cool but as with anything like this it does hurt content creators and cause advertisers to create more aggressive methods of advertisement.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |