Entrepreneurship and computer work

I imagine most of you on the forum can relate to, at one time or another, thinking "I should be making money off of this" when it comes to PCs. I know I have on the about a dozen PCs I've built for friends and family.

Recently I have been considering building a PC, just to put it up for sale on Craigslist or Amazon or something, but the risks in that are kinda high. Has anyone else tried this before?

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

I imagine most of you on the forum can relate to, at one time or another, thinking "I should be making money off of this" when it comes to PCs. I know I have on the about a dozen PCs I've built for friends and family.

Recently I have been considering building a PC, just to put it up for sale on Craigslist or Amazon or something, but the risks in that are kinda high. Has anyone else tried this before?

Unless you're doing a lot of builds, there's pretty much little to no profit in it. After all the shipping and what not, unless you've got loads of cash, you'll struggle to make any money. 

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Unless you're doing a lot of builds, there's pretty much little to no profit in it. After all the shipping and what not, unless you've got loads of cash, you'll struggle to make any money.

I've gotten that feeling from the looks of it. I'd considered doing custom sleeved extensions as a starter, those don't have much risk, and Lutr0 charges like $70 for a 24 pin... I figure I can make them on the cheap and sell for like... $20

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

I've gotten that feeling from the looks of it. I'd considered doing custom sleeved extensions as a starter, those don't have much risk, and Lutr0 charges like $70 for a 24 pin... I figure I can make them on the cheap and sell for like... $20

Your material costs will be under $20, but remember that time is money, and a single 24 pin cable will likely take you over an hour or 2 to do nicely. So its just a matter of how much you think your time is worth. Spending a full day making a set of cables that you can only sell for $20-30 profit is a little bit of a waste of time IMHO. But that wuld be for you to decide.

When in doubt, re-format.