PS4 Will Have 8 Core x86 CPU CONFIRMED !

TechFan@ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeLcH6Mivo

Not much else is known about the CPU but...

The GPU will have almost 2 Teraflops of computational power & 176 GB/S Memory bandwidth, this puts it squarely between an HD 7850 & an HD 7870 in terms of computational performance & between an HD 7870 XT (Tahiti LE) & 7870 in terms of Memory bandwidth .

So what does this mean ? it basically means all of you looking for a future-proof CPU should go out and buy an FX 8350.

The CPU is down-clocked to about 1.8-1.6 Ghz. Which tells me it's a mobile model

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

The CPU is down-clocked to about 1.8-1.6 Ghz. Which tells me it's a mobile model

The core clock hasn't been officially revealed yet, but from the PS4 Physics demo, it's clear that they are focusing on the GPGPU capabilities of AMD's graphic's architecture rather than relying on the less efficient CPU calculations .

that is messed up, I guess a real FX 8350 is too much power

Hopefully this will make console ports a little less terrible( I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed) and support multiple threads to a greater extent

Also, bare in mind that he said "APU" and it's running on 8 Cores. That means, it has an AMD processor, so it's safe to say that it's running a "FX-8350". I mean, there's no other major company that has an APU other than AMD.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I watched this live and re-watched this video. Where did you guys at any point here that it was going to be an 8-core? I didn't hear that at all...

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I watched this live and re-watched this video. Where did you guys at any point here that it was going to be an 8-core? I didn't hear that at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeLcH6Mivo

@ 3:05

"PlayStation 4 is centered around a powerful APU that combines 8 CPU cores with a state of the art GPU"

AMD could have developed a low powered 8 core APU specifically for the next gen consoles only(or they plan to release it later on for consumers). We'll see later on, but with all the rumors going around, I'm not impressed with the current announcement.

I would have to assume it is in the mobile/low power arena - to fit in that small of form factor and to manage heat and NOT sound like a jet plane? :) Remember the old XBox over heat issues... sure they do not want that fiasco...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The PS4's CPU architecture is Amd's Jaguar which is AMD's atom competitor. Color me unimpressed, although its better then the rumoured 4 dual core chips the dev units have.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

I would have to assume it is in the mobile/low power arena - to fit in that small of form factor and to manage heat and NOT sound like a jet plane? :) Remember the old XBox over heat issues... sure they do not want that fiasco...

But... But... They have a huge fan thingy on the design that they've presented at the beginning of the video... :Okay Meme:

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Wasn't it announced that AMD already won the GPU contract?

Also, in AMD terms the FX8350 is an 8 core, 4 module chip.

What we are looking at is a custom APU, if you look at AMD's current APUs, they are not half bad (unless you are getting a discrete gpu added, they shit on the competition), double the core count then half the ghz, Buff up the GPU portion and it looks about what they are getting.

Its difficult to predict how CPU/GPU's perform inside a console, can not really be compared compared to PC counterparts as a lot of the bandwidth is freed up due to the way they are designed.

Look at how far current consoles managed to get on almost 8 year old hardware.

Still don't think I'll buy one straight away with a decent PC sitting here, although Uncharted and Gran Turismo... Also wondering if GTA V threw back their release date after they heard this? Judging by the trailer, I don't think current gen consoles would run it that well, like Far Cry 3 or Hitman. They kind of made that mistake last time around with San Andreas

How do you know that?
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeLcH6Mivo @ 3:05 "PlayStation 4 is centered around a powerful APU that combines 8 CPU cores with a state of the art GPU"
I completely missed that 5 times lol. Thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully this means that my 8350 will see more utilization and benefits in games since at least the PS4 will be based off of this architecture. Hopefully the successor to the next xbox is too.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

How do you know that?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/21/pc-gamer-vs-playstation-4-theres-only-ever-going-to-be-one-winner-right/

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

This just about sums up the PS4:

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Relight my fire, its my only desire ... Epic :P

That literally put my every thought during that live-stream into YouTube video form.

i7-3770k @4.4 GHz 1.220Vcore/ H100i - Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard - 8Gb Gskill Sniper 1866 - OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb (game/data drive) - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb (recording drive) - Galaxy GC GTX 680 2Gb - Rosewill Frotress 750W 80+ Platinum PSU - Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black Mid -Tower Case - ASUS Xonar DGX Soundcard w/Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones + Blue Yeti - Razer Blackwidow Cherry MX Blue keyboard/ Gigabyte M6900 Mouse - Dell 23 Inch IPS Monitor + Asus VN247 1ms Monitor.