EXTREMELY Silent PC Fans

I'm willing to chip in some money for new pc fans because in my youtube videos it sounds like I have a jet engine going off in the background during my recordings. My PC fans do the job with the cooling but when it comes to being silent they're like women. NEVER SILENT. If you could please recommend some PC fans that are silent that would be great. Thanks. PS if you could recommend silent women that would be great. Willing to chip in money

Noctua/Bequiet/Venturi fans (although venturis need to be slowed down a bit) are all very good fans

GP-14 fans are insanely quiet, but they don't quiet have the umph of the other fans listed here (although in all likely hood they will do the job).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Noctua 

I can say with all my heart that Noctua is the best after switching from two stock 140mm Corsair fans on my H110 to Noctua somethingorothers. Plus they are quiet enough where they can run at full speed and you can use the provided low noise adaptors on your other system fans. (what I did).

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I can say with all my heart that Noctua is the best after switching from two stock 140mm Corsair fans on my H110 to Noctua somethingorothers. Plus they are quiet enough where they can run at full speed and you can use the provided low noise adaptors on your other system fans. (what I did).

Comparing noctua fans to the shit Corsair makes is laughable at best...

Gotta get other real fans to compare against (BTW my opinion is that for 120mm fans noctua is the best, but there are options that are so close in performance/noise while being much cheaper/better looking I wouldn't recommend them, while for 140mm fans Venturi all the way).

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Noctua/EKWB Vardar/Fractal Venturi/Be Quiet!/Nanoxia (I have some and for the price they are epic)

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Comparing noctua fans to the shit Corsair makes is laughable at best...

Gotta get other real fans to compare against (BTW my opinion is that for 120mm fans noctua is the best, but there are options that are so close in performance/noise while being much cheaper/better looking I wouldn't recommend them, while for 140mm fans Venturi all the way).

I guess o can't argue with that statement. However the fans NZXT include in the h-440 are pretty quiet, and the Noctuas just own them. (for 3.5x the cost.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Noctuas are great but they're expensive and super subjective aesthetically. I would recommend Aerocool Dead Silence.

which kind of Noctua fan?

F12s are pretty good 

which kind of Noctua fan?

If you want 120mm fans, NF-F12, if you want 140mm, NF-F14.

s12A are good fans for the chassis, as you wont require much static pressure. For your CPU cooler, if you aren't going to buy a noctua cooler, get some NF F12s in there. The F12s directional flow and high static pressure is perfect for heat sinks and rads. 

I really want to build an oil-immersed PC  ^_^

s12A are good fans for the chassis, as you wont require much static pressure. For your CPU cooler, if you aren't going to buy a noctua cooler, get some NF F12s in there. The F12s directional flow and high static pressure is perfect for heat sinks and rads. 

Btw I have a noctua NHD-15 and it is SO WORTH THE MONEY. I have the supersilent adapters on it and I've set my fan slopes to silent and it keeps my high tdp amd cpu at around 30 degrees. Thats very good for low fan spin. You can't hear it even if you put your head up to the open case. 

I really want to build an oil-immersed PC  ^_^

As others have said, Noctua is the gold standard for quiet fans. The fact of the matter is, no fan will be completely silent unless it isn't running. However, to minimize fan noise you will want to put in the largest fans you can for your application and have them run at the lowest speed to meet your thermal needs. A large fan at a lower RPM will move as much or more air than a smaller fan at a higher RPM (which is often noisier as well). Take a look at what your cooler and case can accept and plan from there. If your case can use 120 / 140 mm fans for intake and exhaust, you will have a quieter machine by running 140mm fans, assuming all other things are equal. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Noctua are the standard, but for a cheaper option, better looks, and often times at the lacking of a few CFM's - Phanteks fans.  They perform, in the case of their MP-series, higher-RPM than the Noctua and far more quiet at said speed with similar static pressure.  They're also cheaper, so that is a thing.  BeQuiet are certainly quieter than Noctua, but they're low static pressure comparatively.  Noiseblocker is a step above all, but can be very finicky with radiators and expensive.  Fractal's Venturi's are a good alternative to Noctua, look better, move plenty of air, and good static pressure while being a few DB quieter than Noctua.

There's that.  Venturi HP-14PWM and the NF-A14PWM.

My Noctua fans came in today and Jesus Christ they're so amazing, silent, extra cords, push a lot of air through. If anyone is debating on what fan please choose noctua. There honestly isn't a competitor out there on the market

My Noctua fans came in today and Jesus Christ they're so amazing, silent, extra cords, push a lot of air through. If anyone is debating on what fan please choose noctua. There honestly isn't a competitor out there on the market

There are a good number of decent competitors to Noctua like BeQuiet! or Scythe--they aren't the be-all and end-all of fans. SPCR is a great place to check out other great quiet fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There are a good number of decent competitors to Noctua like BeQuiet! or Scythe--they aren't the be-all and end-all of fans. SPCR is a great place to check out other great quiet fans. 

And that is to the relatively speaking much better 120mm line. The Venturi 140s are straight up superior to the noctua 140mm offerings at the same noise level (although reduced in rpm to get that way), along with quite a few others on the market.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

And that is to the relatively speaking much better 120mm line. The Venturi 140s are straight up superior to the noctua 140mm offerings at the same noise level (although reduced in rpm to get that way), along with quite a few others on the market.

Do you have any benchmarks/reviews to back that up? I haven't seen any good ones on Venturi fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Fans made by Scythe, Zalman, be Quiet!, Cougar, Silverstone all use the same bearing technology (different from Noctua's) which are just as durable and quiet but not all are at Noctua's price tag. So you might want to look at those for quiet bearings and durability.

How quiet they'll run would also depend on your case though. Clean (wide enough) fan cuts out much quieter than drilled holes. You may find a 120mm more effective than 140mm based on how the fan cut out is IME. Restrictions cause air turbulence and can amplify noise.