Experience with Vodafone UK (maybe a bit of a rant)

I bought a Smart Ultra 6 (well, actually 2, but I'll get onto that later) to click and collect in store.

When I went to collect it there was a problem with their system so it wouldn't accept my order number. I had the phone in my hand and I had paid for it but I couldn't take it home.

They said to come back the next day, which I did but the problem still wasn't fixed. The guy in the store phoned their support who suggested cancelling the order, which would refund me and me to buy the phone again in store. He did that but because their system is awful, it apparently takes 2 days for phones to go back in stock, and there was only mine in stock!

When I got home, I ordered another to get delivered to my home since I didn't want to have to go all the way back to the store. It got delivered the morning after I ordered it which I was surprised about as it said 2-4 days. I had used that phone for a whole day before I got a phone call from the store saying that a phone had been delivered to the store with my name on and I should go and collect it.

I went to collect it, but because my order had been cancelled (I still haven't got the refund so I don't think they actually cancelled it) I couldn't get the phone! The manager of the store had to add a fake phone to the stock so I could get it, which meant I got a receipt with the phone apparently costing £0.00 so I obviously can't return that one!

I decided to get my monies worth out of the 14 day returns policy (why wouldn't you!), so yesterday I contacted them by live chat to return the phone, they said they couldn't do it and I had to phone customer support. Because I'm not actually a Vodafone customer (I wonder why!), it was just about impossible to get through to somebody, it turns out you have to ignore the automated voice until it gets to the main menu. From that point I followed the instructions I received on the live chat, which of course were completely wrong! After being transferred between 3 different departments they finally decided to transfer me to the pay as you go returns department. I was on hold for 1 and a half hours before they cut the call! I phoned back, but by the time I got through to someone again, it was 7:59 and the returns department closes at 8pm so he said he couldn't transfer me and I should try again tomorrow.

So I get in tonight and decide to get straight onto it. I contact live chat again to see if I can find out the right information. The guy said that instead of me having to phone up and go through all of the menus, he would phone me and transfer me to the right department. He called, but, you've guessed it, he transferred me to the wrong department! I went from pay monthly returns, to pay monthly customer services, to pay as you go customer services who then said they would transfer me to returns. I phoned them at 6:30, it's now 8:40 and I'm still on hold. I know they're 'closed' but they could at least tell me instead of "We're really busy at the moment, sorry for the delay" and "Thanks for holding on, all of our team are busy at the moment. As soon as someone is free we'll put you through".

I'm not even going to hang up, I'm just leaving the call active, they're paying for the call so it's not my problem.

The staff in the store were brilliant, it's the call centres that are awful, in fact, awful isn't strong enough!

It has now passed the 14 days to return the phone but I'll call again tomorrow and if they say I can't return it I am going to make several complaints. Well, I'm going to make complaints anyway!

Oh, and to top it all off, their hold music is christmas music still!! It wouldn't be so bad if they played the full songs, but they only play the chorus then change song, and there's only three songs in the loop. One of them is perhaps one of the worst christmas songs ever, Driving Home for Christmas (which is actually by Chris Rea who is from just down the road).

This went on a bit longer than I thought it would, but as the kids these days say #YOLO.

Has anybody else had any problems with Vodafone?

I'm on EE (purely because of the £10 100gb for 2 month sim and their 3G is faster than O2's 4G)

Laptop: HP Pavilion 15 'Gaming' - Intel Core i7 6700HQ - 16GB RAM - 480GB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce 950M 4GB - Half Decent 15.6" 1920x1080 Display

Desktop: Currently non existent

Phones: Bush Windows Phone (Yes, that's Argos' own brand) - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Currently just an alarm clock) - 2 x Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Silver

Giffgaff is Wayyyy better than all these contracts.

Seriously go check them out

Not sponsored, honest review!

I like three they do cheap and amazing contracts. I got a unlimited data and texts for £20 and 500 mins

Huh. I was with vodafone right up until two weeks ago, signal was awful and the bumped up the contract price mid-contract then had the audacity to send an automated message saying that they would never do that. With EE now, so much better.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Giffgaff is Wayyyy better than all these contracts.

Seriously go check them out

Not sponsored, honest review!

I am with Giffgaff as well on my Windows Phone, to be honest, they used to be good, but with all the revisions they've made to the prices, I'm not going to keep topping up,

I like three they do cheap and amazing contracts. I got a unlimited data and texts for £20 and 500 mins

I was with Three for about 5 years, they were great. If it wasn't for the 100gb sim that EE keep releasing I would be with Three

Huh. I was with vodafone right up until two weeks ago, signal was awful and the bumped up the contract price mid-contract then had the audacity to send an automated message saying that they would never do that. With EE now, so much better.

Vodafone's signal is alright as long as you don't want data. I have our free TalkTalk Mobile sim in my Windows Phone along side my Giffgaff sim and the 2G is flawless.

Laptop: HP Pavilion 15 'Gaming' - Intel Core i7 6700HQ - 16GB RAM - 480GB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce 950M 4GB - Half Decent 15.6" 1920x1080 Display

Phones: Bush Windows Phone (Yes, that's Argos' own brand) - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Currently just an alarm clock) - 2 x Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Silver

Wait, isn't that EE 100GB sim only offered for the summer? Where/how did you get it? I was using EE for about a year before I moved to Three few months ago purely for the unlimited data but I kinda missed EE excellent coverage and stupidly fast 4G. I could've gotten the BT mobile deal (basically EE network) under my house internet account but it was too late before I even knew about it.

Wait, isn't that EE 100GB sim only offered for the summer? Where/how did you get it? I was using EE for about a year before I moved to Three few months ago purely for the unlimited data but I kinda missed EE excellent coverage and stupidly fast 4G. I could've gotten the BT mobile deal (basically EE network) under my house internet account but it was too late before I even knew about it.

Well,last year I had the Glastonbury sim, then the summer sim, then the Christmas sim and I've just started using the Christmas sim I got just before the deadline.

If you just like ee on Facebook you they keep popping up

Well,last year I had the Glastonbury sim, then the summer sim, then the Christmas sim and I've just started using the Christmas sim I got just before the deadline.

If you just like ee on Facebook you they keep popping up

Ahh facebook.Why didn't I think of that before...Well I'm on a 12 month contract atm. I'll just stick to Three for now. Their service has been excellent so far anyway. The other day I went to the store, requested for a nano sim replacement, popped it straight into my new phone, and everything was good to go in less than a minute.

100GB is a lot just for a phone usage. LOL 

Ahh facebook.Why didn't I think of that before...Well I'm on a 12 month contract atm. I'll just stick to Three for now. Their service has been excellent so far anyway. The other day I went to the store, requested for a nano sim replacement, popped it straight into my new phone, and everything was good to go in less than a minute.

100GB is a lot just for a phone usage. LOL 

The best thing about it is that I can tether. I managed to use about 25gb just using my phone (A mixture of Prime Video and Youtube). 

I had the phone tether to my XBOX and Laptop so I could use the fast internet.

We don't have fibre as it's not worth it here (according to TalkTalk we would get around 20mbps) since we get 15mbps anyway. That drops to 3mbps once the WiFi reaches my part of the house (through 3 solid brick walls) but with EE I get a solid 45mbps all of the time with around 30mbps upload.

When I was with Three I would get about 15mbps over their 3G network, so I can't imagine their 4G being that different from EE.

With EE, all of the sims are multi sims so they have nano, micro and mini sim (and full sim if you can find a phone that takes them  :lol:) which means I have many sim adapters laying around the house for when I swap phones (my new phones typically last about a month before they get damaged).

I am with Giffgaff as well on my Windows Phone, to be honest, they used to be good, but with all the revisions they've made to the prices, I'm not going to keep topping up,

I was with Three for about 5 years, they were great. If it wasn't for the 100gb sim that EE keep releasing I would be with Three

Vodafone's signal is alright as long as you don't want data. I have our free TalkTalk Mobile sim in my Windows Phone along side my Giffgaff sim and the 2G is flawless.

I live in the Moray area in Scotland. I got E with Vodafone. With EE I get 3G in my town and 4G in the nearest city. I also get signal anywhere now.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I live in the Moray area in Scotland. I got E with Vodafone. With EE I get 3G in my town and 4G in the nearest city. I also get signal anywhere now.

When I was with Three, I never once lost signal. Even when I was camping at Kielder I got full 3G, which I was surprised about because I had no signal on Orange or T-Mobile(remember them), O2, or Vodafone. Even the coverage checker said there would be no signal but it was wrong.