Thoughts on magic

Clanscorpia

And I do agree with everyone saying 'if magic was real it would be defined under science' because once something is discovered it would be science but I believe it should be put in a section that agrees it used to be defined as Magick. And read up on Parapsychology, there's some good proof on Psionics there. And if your wondering, Magick is something I'm very new to, but I'm certain Psionics are real. psionguild.org Has lot of links to proof it exists, and lots of it is from reliable sources

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I'm not saying you can produce energy, I'm saying I believe you can manipulate it. My 'specialty' is something lots of people have told me I could be great at but am currently 'OK' I can roughly describe an area someone who I've talked to is in with minor errors and without small objects or fine details. I've done it multiple times before. I also seem to be able to telepathicly communicate to a construct 'energy form'. I'm not testing it in a lab until I know I can do it, not sort of know. And I've had many experiences of people describing me to fine details barely knowing me.

But to manipulate energy you need a specific apparatus depending on what sort of manipulation you want to do, and the human body can only convert chemical energy to internal electrical impulses and heat. Our body has no way of manipulating energy. Furthermore, the phenomenon you described can only occur if something sends a signal that contains the informations. Without a sender that can't happen, even assuming you are in fact capable of receiving and interpreting it. Not to mention the interference that would occur if every person sent this sort of data through some sort of electromagnetic waves.

Unfortunately as you'll probably understand your account is not enough to convince me actual magic was going on - it goes against pretty much everything I know. Still, if someone will ever observe and record such an event in a reproducible or at least consistently observable fashion, I'll take it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

But to manipulate energy you need a specific apparatus depending on what sort of manipulation you want to do, and the human body can only convert chemical energy to internal electrical impulses and heat. Our body has no way of manipulating energy. Furthermore, the phenomenon you described can only occur if something sends a signal that contains the informations. Without a sender that can't happen, even assuming you are in fact capable of receiving and interpreting it. Not to mention the interference that would occur if every person sent this sort of data through some sort of electromagnetic waves.

Unfortunately as you'll probably understand your account is not enough to convince me actual magic was going on - it goes against pretty much everything I know. Still, if someone will ever observe and record such an event in a reproducible or at least consistently observable fashion, I'll take it.

Trust me I don't understand it but I feel it, so I believe it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

mfw looking at ops age

aeaedb7f74a76b81a260f6bb6cf3b68b.png

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

mfw looking at ops age

<snip>

figures

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

mfw looking at ops age

aeaedb7f74a76b81a260f6bb6cf3b68b.png

I cant see it

Spoiler

AXIOM

You cannot manufacture energy. It's been proven impossible by the laws of thermodynamics. You can convert and use it, but you can't make or destroy it. Same with matter.

As for describing your life without knowing anything, a lot of times people read profound personal significance in statements that are incredibly generic. I don't know what the scan said or what happened in your life, but a lot of things are easy to guess, especially if you're vague about them.

For something to be scientific it needs to be reliably observable by anyone. If there truly are people who can use magic, why hasn't any one of them come out and let themselves be observed while performing magic in a controlled environment? There are pretty strict laws on what you can and can't do to a test subject, they wouldn't dissect them or anything. You say you have a "specialty". Why not contact a researcher? If it has actual impact on anything it means it can be observed, and if it doesn't, you're just imagining it.

For the testing thing, pretty sure people would say screw it, because FUCKING MAGIC. Seriously, if you had the chance of accessing honest to god magic, would you even give a 2nd thought about laws and rules? You'd be too busy casting Magic Missile and Wish to give a fuck because magic. It'd be too much of a problem solver. Lost your Wallet? Magic. Dog died? Magic. Got Cancer? Magic. Strange as it is, I'm going to point out the part in Harry Potter where the Muggle Minister learns there are Wizards, Fudge tells him that they don't let them know because then otherwise everyone will want magic to solve their problems. As for the Laws of Thermodynamics:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9kM-BhpTKAhWCCD4KHQO0CkoQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2F7figurebackoffice.com%2Fthe-power-inside-you%2F&psig=AFQjCNHJVDWM7UdEwfRag-CWI7l7uyTqgw&ust=1452130544973418

Deff not trying to create a luck Rune to do my tests..... And a lot of people don't go out about Magick because they don't want laws against it

For the testing thing, pretty sure people would say screw it, because FUCKING MAGIC. Seriously, if you had the chance of accessing honest to god magic, would you even give a 2nd thought about laws and rules? You'd be too busy casting Magic Missile and Wish to give a fuck because magic. It'd be too much of a problem solver. Lost your Wallet? Magic. Dog died? Magic. Got Cancer? Magic. Strange as it is, I'm going to point out the part in Harry Potter where the Muggle Minister learns there are Wizards, Fudge tells him that they don't let them know because then otherwise everyone will want magic to solve their problems. As for the Laws of Thermodynamics:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9kM-BhpTKAhWCCD4KHQO0CkoQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2F7figurebackoffice.com%2Fthe-power-inside-you%2F&psig=AFQjCNHJVDWM7UdEwfRag-CWI7l7uyTqgw&ust=14521305449734D

Spoiler

AXIOM

Deff not trying to create a luck Rune to do my tests..... And a lot of people don't go out about Magick because they don't want laws against it

I dunno, that seems rather selfish to me. Thinking about themselves and not the potential benefits to society. I find that kinda sad, since that would not be my first choice.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

You guys should read about the Nasuverse explanation for magic and magecraft...

Yes, because the Nasuverse is small and the wiki is probably not longer than an arc of in F/SN (200k-300k words) and will only take you a short amount of time to read. /s

Now for my response to everything so far. @dalekphalm, I really like your posts. They remind me a bit of lesswrong. 

KemoKa, on 05 Jan 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:snapback.png

Sure, I mean, I don't believe in them in the sense that they're a... mysterious mystical substance veiled in mystery and shrouded in the unknown that only those with "oooooh, the Sight" can see. My belief in the spirit is a bit more material than that. We know that different forms of matter exist outside what we would consider "physical matter". Protons, neutrons, electrons, photons, leptons, quarks, muons, etc, those things are part of and affect our physical, "material" world. But neutrinos, WIMPs, Bosons and other exotic particles like that are things that either affect our physical world indirectly or not at all. Those particles pass straight through the subatomic particles in your body in droves without affecting them in any way. particles like the Higgs Boson, for example, blip in and out of existence so quickly and under such specific circumstances that for all intents and purposes, they don't "exist" in our material world most of the time. And even then, with our knowledge that they do exist, we know almost nothing about them, what they do, or why they're there. Most of what we have about these exotic forms of matter is just scientific and mathematical guesswork.

So my belief is that the spirit and things pertaining to the spirit are just another, higher form of matter, one that we can't detect even with our most sensitive instruments and our most powerful machines. But one that we can detect with our minds if we take the time to tune them enough. That's my feeling, anyway.

The thing is, if it impacts the mind then it impacts the brain. There's nothing really special about the brain. Sure, it's a marvel of (biological) engineering, but it still obeys science (phys, chem, etc.) There's nothing special about it. If a MPion, a magic particle (not to say it has to be a particle, it could be a mana beam or whatever, the principle applies), has some interaction with an atom (or molecule or cell or tissue) in your brain, then what's stopping it from interacting with an identical bit of glucose inside a calorimeter and heating it up a bit, throwing the reading off, and demonstrating the existence of something which would through further study be declared a particle (or mana beam) that would have properties x, y, and z. And if it's a mind not a brain that detects it, that would mean that the mind somehow interacts with the brain (or heart, arm, etc. etc. Point is it somehow transmits information to the body or it might as well not exist in our universe and would be indifferentiable from one that doesn't exist and then Occam's razor.) and we would notice it when a scientist was testing a cancer drug on brain cells in a petri dish and something wasn't right just the same as an MPion.

Trust me I don't understand it but I feel it, so I believe it

BUT THAT'S THE PROBLEM! I can't say I trust you and accept magic. Imagine I told you that I had seen a unicorn. In (hypothetical) reality, I had been high on cocaine that a 3rd party secretly dosed me with. You don't know about the cocaine. I don't either. I can describe every hair on the unicorn. I can draw it. I have utter faith in its existence. That doesn't make it real. If I take a unicorn to a group of (trusted and verified) scientists and they all see it and record it and genetically test it and kill it and grind up the horn to test chemically and it turns out to not be a horse with a horn taped on, then I would have sufficient proof to say it exists. My belief that it exists, no matter how firm, isn't enough.

And I'm out of time to write. More replies later, maybe! Also, I haven't formally studied most of this. Disclaimed.

Edit:

I dunno, that seems rather selfish to me. Thinking about themselves and not the potential benefits to society. I find that kinda sad, since that would not be my first choice.

Rather, there is a lot to gain by being the one to publicly "discover" magic. I don't doubt that people would be selfish, but being selfish and hiding magic aren't the same thing.

LAWS!? YE WIZARDS BE AFRAID OF LAWS!? Seriously? Of everyone (0 people IMO which actually would make this make sense) who can use magic literally not one has ever gone public because they don't want laws enacted against them? And of all those Fumblesnores wizards none have been seen doing magic accidentally. Nobody tried to mug a wizard only to get firebolted (see gif. Bell-kun style.)
tumblr_ntk5tqQMqV1tcyz0do9_500.gif
and never told of it later? Not once did a police officer's dash cam capture him attempting to take in a wizard who resisted? 

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Rather, there is a lot to gain by being the one to publicly "discover" magic. I don't doubt that people would be selfish, but being selfish and hiding magic aren't the same thing.

That too. I was gonna mention that in a previous post that I scrapped because I got distracted by buying a new laptop.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9kM-BhpTKAhWCCD4KHQO0CkoQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2F7figurebackoffice.com%2Fthe-power-inside-you%2F&psig=AFQjCNHJVDWM7UdEwfRag-CWI7l7uyTqgw&ust=1452130544973418

Well dude, if all you can do is see some objects in a room you haven't been in and only if you've talked with a person who's in there there's only so much you can do... doesn't make you Sauron or anything.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well dude, if all you can do is see some objects in a room you haven't been in and only if you've talked with a person who's in there there's only so much you can do... doesn't make you Sauron or anything.

I see what you did there.

Yes, because the Nasuverse is small and the wiki is probably not longer than an arc of in F/SN (200k-300k words) and will only take you a short amount of time to read. /s

Now for my response to everything so far. @dalekphalm, I really like your posts. They remind me a bit of lesswrong. 

KemoKa, on 05 Jan 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:snapback.png

The thing is, if it impacts the mind then it impacts the brain. There's nothing really special about the brain. Sure, it's a marvel of (biological) engineering, but it still obeys science (phys, chem, etc.) There's nothing special about it. If a MPion, a magic particle (not to say it has to be a particle, it could be a mana beam or whatever, the principle applies), has some interaction with an atom (or molecule or cell or tissue) in your brain, then what's stopping it from interacting with an identical bit of glucose inside a calorimeter and heating it up a bit, throwing the reading off, and demonstrating the existence of something which would through further study be declared a particle (or mana beam) that would have properties x, y, and z. And if it's a mind not a brain that detects it, that would mean that the mind somehow interacts with the brain (or heart, arm, etc. etc. Point is it somehow transmits information to the body or it might as well not exist in our universe and would be indifferentiable from one that doesn't exist and then Occam's razor.) and we would notice it when a scientist was testing a cancer drug on brain cells in a petri dish and something wasn't right just the same as an MPion.

BUT THAT'S THE PROBLEM! I can't say I trust you and accept magic. Imagine I told you that I had seen a unicorn. In (hypothetical) reality, I had been high on cocaine that a 3rd party secretly dosed me with. You don't know about the cocaine. I don't either. I can describe every hair on the unicorn. I can draw it. I have utter faith in its existence. That doesn't make it real. If I take a unicorn to a group of (trusted and verified) scientists and they all see it and record it and genetically test it and kill it and grind up the horn to test chemically and it turns out to not be a horse with a horn taped on, then I would have sufficient proof to say it exists. My belief that it exists, no matter how firm, isn't enough.

And I'm out of time to write. More replies later, maybe! Also, I haven't formally studied most of this. Disclaimed.

Edit:

LAWS!? YE WIZARDS BE AFRAID OF LAWS!? Seriously? Of everyone (0 people IMO which actually would make this make sense) who can use magic literally not one has ever gone public because they don't want laws enacted against them? And of all those Fumblesnores wizards none have been seen doing magic accidentally. Nobody tried to mug a wizard only to get firebolted (see gif. Bell-kun style.)
tumblr_ntk5tqQMqV1tcyz0do9_500.gif
and never told of it later? Not once did a police officer's dash cam capture him attempting to take in a wizard who resisted? 

You know, most people who practice Magick aren't idiots, and none of them (that I know of) can even do that. As far as I know, Magick is just runes and readings, not fireballs and such (Again, I'm new to Magick) but Psi has been proven to exist, and you can't hurt someone with Psi, it's not possible unless you try to injure someones mind, which if your powerful enough can be done. Again, Magick has almost nothing to do with the mind, but Psionics revolve around it

Spoiler

AXIOM

You know, most people who practice Magick aren't idiots, and none of them (that I know of) can even do that. As far as I know, Magick is just runes and readings, not fireballs and such (Again, I'm new to Magick) but Psi has been proven to exist, and you can't hurt someone with Psi, it's not possible unless you try to injure someones mind, which if your powerful enough can be done. Again, Magick has almost nothing to do with the mind, but Psionics revolve around it

That's the point where you lose most people.

It hasn't been proven, beyond a doubt, using the scientific method to remove confirmation bias.

If it can be done, it can be proven. If you can influence another persons mind in any fashion, using only your mind, then it can be measured, recorded, quantified, and eventually, explained.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If it can't harm anyone then why worry about laws? And what can it do? Not much point to magic if you can only lift a pebble or something.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

If it can't harm anyone then why worry about laws? And what can it do? Not much point to magic if you can only lift a pebble or something.

You can harm people by using Runes, sorry forgot to mention that. I beleive you can burn things with a Rune so that could burn down a persons house down

Spoiler

AXIOM

You can harm people by using Runes, sorry forgot to mention that. I beleive you can burn things with a Rune so that could burn down a persons house down

Care for a demonstration? Why don't you record yourself making one of these runes and using it? That would be fun to see.

I don't currently know how to

Spoiler

AXIOM

I don't currently know how to

Ah, how silly of me. I almost forgot that you don't want us to believe you.

Ah, how silly of me. I almost forgot that you don't want us to believe you.

I know how to tap someone in the arm remotely, see the area around them (room), look into the future, PK (With Air), and Telepathy

Spoiler

AXIOM

I know how to tap someone in the arm remotely, see the area around them (room), look into the future, PK (With Air), and Telepathy

So tell a big future event that will happen and can't already be predicted by means other than magic.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

So tell a big future event that will happen and can't already be predicted by means other than magic.

My friend (and mentor) said that Zen will most likely be better in multi-core than single core compared to Intel and will is 3-5 years be a very valid choice for a CPU with DX12 and Vulkan. It's almost impossible to predict a persons future as well. To many things can change

Spoiler

AXIOM

Jesus christ, see a psychiatrist immediately

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit