Case Fan LED Problem ( Bitfenix Spectre )

WR10

Hello.

I have 2 Bitfenix spectre with blue LED in . I've hooked up the power pin to my PSU , but there's no LED when the fan is running . Then i noticed there's a seperate 2 pin connector which says LED and + and - , however I do not have any fan controller or anything to hook it up to . Are there anyway to turn the fan LED on ? Thanks .

You don't need to plug that 2 pin in for the LED's to work. Are you using a molex to 3 pin adaptor or are they connected to your motherboard?

Pretty sure you don't need those extra 2-pin connectors. That's only for Bitfenix cases or the Hydra accessory which allows you to turn the LED on/off. You only need to connect the 3-pin to a fan header or to the PSU with molex connections.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

I don't think there's a molex connector that comes with this fan ( it came installed in the case ),it came with a 3pin connector , i could be wrong though , im not familiar with this stuff..

I think I know why it's not working. I had the same problem when I installed mine. The 2 pin LED connector is meant to work with Hydra. When you get the fan, on the 2 pin LED controller connector there should be a routing cable that links the +- connections. You need that to bridge the connection and the LED will be on, or you can leave it off and the fans run without the LEDs. Check your case to see if it dropped off or if you want to ghetto mod just solder a wire between the +- connections. I had one of my fans not working after I installed my RX480 into my 800D with pull and had to take the whole thing out again just to find one had fallen off. It should look like this:

(sorry, at Uni so can't take a photo of mine but these are the best I could find on google)
You just need to bridge the LED connection so if you lost the little looping connector just bridge the connections yourself and they should work.

Hope this helps

IMG_0472.JPG

bitfenix_spectre_120mm_orange_led.jpg

Mine worked no problem, but I got rid of the fan after using it for a couple days.

Did you have the LED loop plugged? or anything done differently to help?

Come on guys, don't just post to increase your post count, help the guy out.

Did you have the LED loop plugged? or anything done differently to help?

Come on guys, don't just post to increase your post count, help the guy out.

The fan came with a 3 pin connector. It also had the LED connector which consists of two pins. The fan I got came with a 'cap' for it to [i assume] protect the pins from breaking. I know that these two pins are to be plugged into the Hydra to turn on or off the LEDs. When I plugged in the fan everything lit up like a normal fan. All four LEDs came on. I plugged it via 3 pin to the motherboard, then tried it on my NZXT Sentry 2, and they both worked fine. I even tried the molex to 3 pin and that worked fine as well.

I should say, I got the Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm fan.

... It also had the LED connector which consists of two pins. The fan I got came with a 'cap' for it to [i assume] protect the pins from breaking. ...

Yep that's what I mentioned in my post, that "cap" completes the LED circuit and turns on the LEDs. I'm guessing he's lost it or it's come loose cause I had that same problem.

I'll see what I can find in my box later on , but pretty sure I don't have it . Thanks for your help so far , cheers.