Recommend me a mouse

Mullen_S

So I have small hands because I'm 13 and I use a fingertip grip/claw grip and play a lot of CSGO. My hands are 7in. long and 3.25in. wide but I want to futureproof this mouse,(I know I shouldn't use the f word but I think it's appropriate when you are talking about mouse sizes and nothing else) so I can still use it even when I hit my growth spurt. I was looking at the Mionix Castor because Dmitri from hardwarecanucks gave it an amazing review and said it was an extremely good sensor for CS:GO which I would like. I was also looking at the Logitech G303, G402, and the infamous G502 as well but they don't match my black and red color scheme but I guess it doesn't really matter. Anyways if these aren't great choices just recommend me something else and I'll take a look

I'm a beast

^

Ive had my Logitech G400 for couple of years and is working perfect! =]

The G502 is a brick so stay away from it if you are not using a palm grip. I'd suggest the Mionix Castor, Logitech G303 if you like it's weird shape or Zowie FK1 (the newly refreshed model with black scroll wheel).

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The G502 is a brick so stay away from it if you are not using a palm grip. I'd suggest the Mionix Castor, Logitech G303 if you like it's weird shape or Zowie FK1 (the newly refreshed model with black scroll wheel).

I'm getting the g502 and I have small hands with fingertip grip. It's good. Just remove the weights if it's too heavy

I'm getting the g502 and I have small hands with fingertip grip. It's good. Just remove the weights if it's too heavy

It's still too heavy, especially for fingertip grip. If you are lifting your mouse often when playing, weight is definitely an issue.

It's still too heavy, especially for fingertip grip. If you are lifting your mouse often when playing, weight is definitely an issue.

BS. It's nearly equivalent to one US quarter heavier based on the average weight of mice here

Why is the g502 being referred to as infamous?

I have the g502 and it's a great mouse. I also use a fingertip grip, but my hands are bigger than yours. I play mostly MOBA and 4X these days and for those purposes it's fantastic. However, I think the mouse is lacking in the FPS environment. I have slight difficulty aiming when I do boot up CS:GO and it feels slightly awkward. It's certainly not bad, but I really do notice the mouse doesn't perform as well for FPS. Anyone else find that?

Comparing it to the average doesnt make much sense considering the amount of wireless mice.

Using the median weight would be a better indicator in this case, for precisely that reason. Median weight on the mice in that link would be 107 grams.Also the average of the weight column comes to 113.7954 grams, which is still below the listed 121 grams for the G502. You could have taken like 10 seconds to use the built-in MEDIAN and AVERAGE functions to find out these values. Turns out G502 is a heavy mouse in every meaningful sense of the word.

Personal anecdote: I use a Mionix Naos 7000 and I find it to be rather heavy. I much prefer the Zowie EC1. Part of that is probably due to the different shell size resulting in a slightly different grip. Heck, I remember taking my SideWinder X8 to the kitchen to weigh it to find out how fucking much the batteries added to the weight of it. 

Looks like the G502 is building a rabid fanbase like MX518, IME3.0 and DeathAdder have/had.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Honestly of those mice, G502 or Castor would be best. 

Between those two, depends on your grip, if you use a Fingertip grip, get the Castor, otherwise get the G502.

OTHER - Razer Mamba 2015. Astounding performance, excellent aesthetics, and comfortable ergonomics

OTHER - Razer Mamba 2015. Astounding performance, excellent aesthetics, and comfortable ergonomics

Astounding performance? Lmao.

More like - horrible laser Phillips TwinEye sensor with a Z-axis issue, gimmicky lighting, horrible quality control and software that needs to be always running.

At least for $150 it has good packaging. :lol:

Astounding performance? Lmao.

More like - horrible laser Phillips TwinEye sensor with a Z-axis issue, gimmicky lighting, horrible quality control and software that needs to be always running.

At least for $150 it has good packaging. :lol:

Something about your tone makes me thing your small bio of "From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds" is pretty accurate.

If you had ever actually used the mouse, then you'd probably not be spouting your two cents so wildly.

First, the z-axis issue is so incredibly minor, it would only actually become an issue if you tweaked the dpi up to its 16,000 dpi maximum. The lighting can be turned off if you really thing it's so "gimmicky". The quality control is excellent, and everyone who's actually owned the mouse will attest to that. The software is running in the background, and takes up such a miniscule amount of RAM, that you couldn't notice it if you had only 2GB of it. You only need to actually open the software if you want to change the colors of the chroma backlighting. 

Whoever started this topic is asking for help, instead of your two cents opinion. How about actually giving suggestions, instead of trying to make someone else's seem terrible.

He is actually right, altough not for recognizing the Z-Axis as XY Movement, the current problem with (Razer's) PTE is what became known as "Dynamic CPI Scaling"(called sensor damping by Mad Catz) which reduces the cpi during slow movements and no movement to make sure that changes in the Z-Axis arent moving the cursor. In my personal opinion it is worse than the smoothing of the A9800/3988/3989/3310, however for very high sens in combination with a hard pad PTE is a viable choice.

Using the median weight would be a better indicator in this case, for precisely that reason. Median weight on the mice in that link would be 107 grams.Also the average of the weight column comes to 113.7954 grams, which is still below the listed 121 grams for the G502. You could have taken like 10 seconds to use the built-in MEDIAN and AVERAGE functions to find out these values. Turns out G502 is a heavy mouse in every meaningful sense of the word.

What i was getting at is that we shouldnt compare apples with oranges, because then the weight cannot be downplayed by "being just a quarter difference", especially in regards to actual size.