when the power button is pressed the pc tries to startup and then powers off and then again it powers on automatically?

Go to solution Solved by scottyseng,

-snip-

I'm guessing you mean when you press the power button, the motherboard starts up, then turns off, then turns back on / boots normally? If so, that's normal. That's how ASUS boards boot with an overclock. The first startup is to check the CPU overclock. If it doesn't startup properly, you get a CPU Overclock failed message.

My 2500K on the P67, Z68, and Z77 ASUS boards all do this. I've pretty much gotten used to it over the years (My system is roughly 6 years old now).

I did a build with a Haswell CPU and the same board you had for a friend, and that also has the same behavior.

hello!
i am having issues with my computer , when the power button is pressed it turns on (fans and pumps starts) but instantly its powers off and the starts again automatically!

i have asus maximus VII hero motherboard!

what could be the problem for this?

facing since the beginning of this build. 

Please help! ASAP!

My Build:
 CPU - i7-4790k @ 4.7ghz (overclocked) at 1.328v
 Ram - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (overclocked)
 Motherboard - Asus Republic Of Gamers (ROG) Maximus VII Hero
 Cpu Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX Liquid cooler, Noctua NH-D15 Air cooler
 Case - Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5
 PSU - Corsair Rm1000 Gold Certified
 SSD - Samsung 850pro 256GB SSD
 HDD - 1x WD Black 4TB/256mb cache, 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
 GPU - Zotac Gtx 1080Ti Amp! Extreme! edition
 Keyboard - HyperX Alloy mechanical_Cherry-MX RED (main) , Asus Cerberus (secondary)
 Mouse - Logitech G403 Prodigy (Main) , Razer Deathadder 2013(secondary), Logitech m235 wireless mouse (secondary)
 Mouse pad - Razer Gigantus (Main) CM-Storm Swift-RX (secondary), Steelseries Qck (secondary)
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE
 Headphones - HyperX Cloud Core
 Monitor - Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144hz Gsync (Main), Dell S2216H 1920x1080 60hz (secondary)

hello!

i am having issues with my computer , when the power button is pressed it turns on (fans and pumps starts) but instantly its powers off and the starts again automatically!

i have asus maximus VII hero motherboard!

what could be the problem for this?

facing since the beginning of this build. 

Please help! ASAP!

Do you run a XMP profile or high OCs? Sounds like the PC tries to load the UEFI. Clear your CMOS and try again.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Could be a bad stick of ram or some boards prefer ram in certain slots I.E 2-4

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

Do you run a XMP profile or high OCs? Sounds like the PC tries to load the UEFI. Clear your CMOS and try again.

yes , i am running XMP , i have two corsair vengeance 2X8 gb ram 1600mhz!

My Build:
 Keyboard - HyperX Alloy mechanical_Cherry-MX RED (main) , Asus Cerberus (secondary)
 Mouse - Logitech G403 Prodigy (Main) , Razer Deathadder 2013(secondary), Logitech m235 wireless mouse (secondary)
 Mouse pad - Razer Gigantus (Main) CM-Storm Swift-RX (secondary), Steelseries Qck (secondary)
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE
 Monitor - Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144hz Gsync (Main), Dell S2216H 1920x1080 60hz (secondary)

I had the exact same issue with the board I just swapped out, a Formula VII. I had nothing overclocked and tried swapping RAM into different slots. Fast forward to now with my new board, a Sabertooth, with the exact same components and now it powers on just fine. I ruled it as a glitch with the board itself though it performed fine after startup, so I couldn't tell you what the issue was. Does it do anything crazy or suspicious after power on? Mine worked like a charm after its hesitant startup routine.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

Could be a bad stick of ram or some boards prefer ram in certain slots I.E 2-4

my ram configuration is ok i have the rams inserted into dimm a2 and dimm b2 (2-4)

My Build:
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE

I had the exact same issue with the board I just swapped out, a Formula VII. I had nothing overclocked and tried swapping RAM into different slots. Fast forward to now with my new board, a Sabertooth, with the exact same components and now it powers on just fine. I ruled it as a glitch with the board itself though it performed fine after startup, so I couldn't tell you what the issue was. Does it do anything crazy or suspicious after power on? Mine worked like a charm after its hesitant startup routine.

nah! having no serious problems , it boots up great , runs well when at 100% load but this issue comes only when its powered on!

My Build:
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE

yes , i am running XMP , i have two corsair vengeance 2X8 gb ram 1600mhz!

If clearing CMOS doesn´t help please try to get the PC started with only a single RAM stick. You should try every slot. And you should run Memtest to ensure your Ram is fine.

EDIT: I´ve had a very similar issue with the Asus Rampage V Extreme and the X99 Deluxe, it was so bad on the R5E that I returned it, they just had stability issues when running XMP profiles.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

nah! having no serious problems , it boots up great , runs well when at 100% load but this issue comes only when its powered on!

Yup, just like mine. I just dealt with it since the board was stable at everything else. Wasn't worth fighting ASUS and getting an RMA over. I'd do what Najuno is suggesting but past that, if it's not causing other problems I'd say you're fine. Mine worked like a charm for more than a year until I decided I didn't like the color scheme and swapped it.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

Yup, just like mine. I just dealt with it since the board was stable at everything else. Wasn't worth fighting ASUS and getting an RMA over. I'd do what Najuno is suggesting but past that, if it's not causing other problems I'd say you're fine. Mine worked like a charm for more than a year until I decided I didn't like the color scheme and swapped it.

its works fine but i am more concerned about my liquid cooler as its been connected to the motherboard. getting power and then getting switched off instantly every time can damage it!

My Build:
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE

its works fine but i am more concerned about my liquid cooler as its been connected to the motherboard. getting power and then getting switched off instantly every time can damage it!

Fair enough. Best of luck to ya

If clearing CMOS doesn´t help please try to get the PC started with only a single RAM stick. You should try every slot. And you should run Memtest to ensure your Ram is fine.

EDIT: I´ve had a very similar issue with the Asus Rampage V Extreme and the X99 Deluxe, it was so bad on the R5E that I returned it, they just had stability issues when running XMP profiles.

Just tested my ram here is the screenshot of the result(BTW: i ran it just for 40 mins,  had some other work to do)

20160104_223427_1.jpg 

Plus i disabled my XMP and booted up the pc once again (got into some issue thereafter => overclocking failed) then again i had to enable XMP and rebooted my pc once more!

this time i think the PC booted at first hit , it didn't powered off.

But i am not sure if its fixed or not!

My Build:
 Mic - Blue Snowball ICE

-snip-

I'm guessing you mean when you press the power button, the motherboard starts up, then turns off, then turns back on / boots normally? If so, that's normal. That's how ASUS boards boot with an overclock. The first startup is to check the CPU overclock. If it doesn't startup properly, you get a CPU Overclock failed message.

My 2500K on the P67, Z68, and Z77 ASUS boards all do this. I've pretty much gotten used to it over the years (My system is roughly 6 years old now).

I did a build with a Haswell CPU and the same board you had for a friend, and that also has the same behavior.

Just tested my ram here is the screenshot of the result(BTW: i ran it just for 40 mins,  had some other work to do)

n/a 

Plus i disabled my XMP and booted up the pc once again (got into some issue thereafter => overclocking failed) then again i had to enable XMP and rebooted my pc once more!

this time i think the PC booted at first hit , it didn't powered off.

But i am not sure if its fixed or not!

You need to leave it running overnight or at least 10hours.

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB