Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I'm madly in love with my K70 with Cherry MX Reds!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506

Was cleaning out and reorganizing my storeroom, take the opportunity to snap a pic of these:

If I ever get close to having these many I'm sure I'll have a hard time going an entire day using just one :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

If I ever get close to having these many I'm sure I'll have a hard time going an entire day using just one :P

I only have a third that amount and I already have trouble just using one in a day.

EDIT: and I have two more in the post, one of which is a Model M. Cannot wait for that to get here.

imageedit_1_4443051904.jpg

Need a new camera :D

that clack really went well with the set hey?

That guy type with 4 keyboards,

2 for hands 2 for feet 

That guy type with 4 keyboards,

2 for hands 2 for feet 

LOL! :D  I actually have 4 keyboards on my two desks, to save space, I use either TKL or smaller keyboards. Right now, I use a Leopold FC660C on my main rig, Ducky DK9087G2 Pro MX Black (original white PBT and Spongebob keycaps) for my 3rd rig, a HHKB Pro 2 for my 2nd rig, and a Leopold FC660M MX Clear. I'd prolly be using a full sized keyboard for each of my desk soon since I like the idea of using my Trigger MX Green as well as the Ducky DS3 Yellow Ed with MX White. I :wub:  these rarer switch types!

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Need a new camera :D

that clack really went well with the set hey?

haha.  Yes I do need a DLSR.  My other camera (which isn't too much better) was charging.

Yea it goes perfectly with all these light blue PBT sets I have.    Did you get your case yet?

LOL! :D  I actually have 4 keyboards on my two desks, to save space, I use either TKL or smaller keyboards. Right now, I use a Leopold FC660C on my main rig, Ducky DK9087G2 Pro MX Black (original white PBT and Spongebob keycaps) for my 3rd rig, a HHKB Pro 2 for my 2nd rig, and a Leopold FC660M MX Clear. I'd prolly be using a full sized keyboard for each of my desk soon since I like the idea of using my Trigger MX Green as well as the Ducky DS3 Yellow Ed with MX White. I :wub:  these rarer switch types!

That trigger with green is one of my best keyboard purchase

its so beautiful, i recently painted mine with plastidip full black

gonna take pictures of it later

haha.  Yes I do need a DLSR.  My other camera (which isn't too much better) was charging.

Yea it goes perfectly with all these light blue PBT sets I have.    Did you get your case yet?

not yet, shipping to my country is just unbearable

I ordered SPH R4 modifier fixer set (the original one has some production fault where the length of some modifier isn't right)

and that set will go to my filco with incoming TEX case

anyway, I ordered them on May...

yes...

May....

and see the date now, it has not come yet...

Where do people buy their O-rings from? I'm getting a lot of complaints while I'm on skype with my mates that my keyboard is too loud.

I've tried to reposition the microphone (Blue Yeti) and adjust the microphone settings, both without much improvement.

I think the real problem is that I bottom out, especially when playing games and when it gets very intense.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Where do people buy their O-rings from? I'm getting a lot of complaints while I'm on skype with my mates that my keyboard is too loud.

I've tried to reposition the microphone (Blue Yeti) and adjust the microphone settings, both without much improvement.

I think the real problem is that I bottom out, especially when playing games and when it gets very intense.

Wasdkeyboards has the best ones. Get the blue ones (in my opinion).

Part of the reason you picking it up is the type of mic it is. Also its on the desk right next to the keyboard and it'd not all that close to you.

Wasdkeyboards has the best ones. Get the blue ones (in my opinion).

Part of the reason you picking it up is the type of mic it is. Also its on the desk right next to the keyboard and it'd not all that close to you.

I use the blues myself the o rings that is well. On a cherry mx blue switch it will take out the bottom out noise and it will lower the travel distance. It does limit the noise that comes from the switch but enough to really not be heard by a mic that is debatable it still will be but I would suggest something like push to talk whenever possible. Or even doing mic recording after the fact so that you can get a more clean recording anyway.

I use the blues myself the o rings that is well. On a cherry mx blue switch it will take out the bottom out noise and it will lower the travel distance. It does limit the noise that comes from the switch but enough to really not be heard by a mic that is debatable it still will be but I would suggest something like push to talk whenever possible. Or even doing mic recording after the fact so that you can get a more clean recording anyway.

yea itll lower it a little but thats only if/ when you bottom out. I and my friends got used to it quite quickly and now i much prefer it over standard. You could try the thinner red ones but they dont reduce the noise as much.

Other things you can do are lube your switches and fill the inside of you keyboard with something to dampen reverb. The trampoline mod could help as well.

I have a friend with a CM Storm of some variety, and while I really like his keyboard, the price was too high for me. I already own the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth (2014), and I already love the switches. So I bought a Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth (2014) for portability. Got to prevent carpal tunnel, right :) Enjoy some pics. 

post-76898-0-24759500-1405743322_thumb.jpost-76898-0-84927200-1405743408_thumb.jpost-76898-0-57790500-1405743419_thumb.j

I just ordered some PBT keycaps from Qtan for my Ducky Shine 3 TKL. I'll have a treat for you all in a few weeks  :D

Primary Board: Deck Hassium (Cherry Blue) [White LED]

Secondary Board: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (Cherry Black)

WIP 1: Apple Extended keyboard II - desilencing mod - restoration/ADB conversion: http://imgur.com/a/kixXX

WIP 2: ADDS 1010 Terminal Keyboard - conversion using Teensy: http://imgur.com/a/vq9iQ

WIP 3: Maple 122 (Cherry Black) - Switch hervest: http://imgur.com/a/EBGq4

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I have a CM Storm Quickfire XT with Brown switches. I only have the normal Keycaps. What keycaps should a i replace them with? 

6iasux6.jpg

Taking shots of your keyboard at weird angles doesn't make it look better smh.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Uh yeah, most of the time it does.

I agree. Also top down is probably just about the worst angle.

Also taking pictures of my kmac2 it is a bitch because most times the lighting isn't right to get its true color which is a real dark military green. Which looks amazing with my black on black dye sube pbt keycaps.

Just received my HHKB 2 Professional in white/gray! 

14520091029_921145f055_b.jpg

And my somewhat new double-shot PBT keycaps for my Ducky G2 9087 TKL

14246923236_fb3de65e1c_b.jpg

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

Just received my HHKB 2 Professional in white/gray!

Posted Image

And my somewhat new double-shot PBT keycaps for my Ducky G2 9087 TKL

Posted Image

I miss my hhkb a good bit.