Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Then its a TK not TKL

TKL = Ten Key Less

TK = Ten Key (cause it has one but is smaller)

Gotcha gotcha! It has a hybrid type feel in the middle of a full keyboard and a tkl.

Gotcha gotcha! It has a hybrid type feel in the middle of a full keyboard and a tkl.

Kinda? but yea if I didnt have my own curom layouts i would probably rock it.

That is how TKL should be done imo.

I thought that untill I got one. I find it really annoying that the arrow keys are only usable with numlock off. means I'm always switching it ends up quicker to just use the number row.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

I thought that untill I got one. I find it really annoying that the arrow keys are only usable with numlock off. means I'm always switching it ends up quicker to just use the number row.

you should only be using numpad for number heavy things andyway and most of that stuff should be navigable with tab and other things.

A like new filco with yellow badge, a couple year old leopold in great condition, a filco with a modded plate and cherry stabs, and a Roccat Ryos MK Pro with maybe a month or so of use. I have more stuff but id like to see how this stuff does first as I have it ready-ish.

Are the Filco's TKL's?   Also what kind of switches are in the yellow badged one?  Lastly what color is the one with the modded plate/cherry stabs?

Are the Filco's TKL's?   Also what kind of switches are in the yellow badged one?  Lastly what color is the one with the modded plate/cherry stabs?

Yep both Filco's are TKL. The Yellow badged one is black (with yellow badge) has black switches I believe. It should have yellow caps but I basically bought the board for someone to get those caps quite a while back with the intent of selling the board. It does have a new set of OEM caps that I had though. The other ones has a black case and is a newer one, I think rev 4, that had the pate that also screwed together. It has red switches but with the modded plate you can swap stems and spring without any desoldering.

The Leopold TKL is black with brown switches and the Roccat Ryos MK Pro has browns as well cause like as much as I hate them I wanted to try out the keyboard and that was all that was available in the US until recently.

I'm sure you've seen this already, just in case you haven't Massdrop has a drop on Ducky PBT 108 Key Set, lowest price will be $39.99.

I can't decided whether I want the green/white as blank or etched. I already have a set of PBT white blanks, what do you guys think?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I'm sure you've seen this already, just in case you haven't Massdrop has a drop on Ducky PBT 108 Key Set, lowest price will be $39.99.

I can't decided whether I want the green/white as blank or etched. I already have a set of PBT white blanks, what do you guys think?

That is a pretty stellar deal. However I would probably want the dye subbed ones like I currently have on my premiere keyboard DK9800P or w.e :P

Btw didn't know this site existed cool little site taking a look at it not bad. I need another Graffiti wrist wrest, loving the one I have paired with my ducky.

Yep both Filco's are TKL. The Yellow badged one is black (with yellow badge) has black switches I believe. It should have yellow caps but I basically bought the board for someone to get those caps quite a while back with the intent of selling the board. It does have a new set of OEM caps that I had though. The other ones has a black case and is a newer one, I think rev 4, that had the pate that also screwed together. It has red switches but with the modded plate you can swap stems and spring without any desoldering.

The Leopold TKL is black with brown switches and the Roccat Ryos MK Pro has browns as well cause like as much as I hate them I wanted to try out the keyboard and that was all that was available in the US until recently.

I might possibly be interested in the Filco with custom plate + Cherry stabs.  How much are you going to be selling it for?

I might possibly be interested in the Filco with custom plate + Cherry stabs.  How much are you going to be selling it for?

I really havnt a clue at this point. I know it will be greater than $100 though.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a mechanical numpad in Australia? or some other country that ships internationally?

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a mechanical numpad in Australia? or some other country that ships internationally?

There's a couple on eBay. Do a search on there for the seller qtan5370.

Went for a slick style on my TK, with a few changes! 6r5NlUk.jpg

uch86Gc.jpg

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Went for a slick style on my TK, with a few changes! 

-snip-

-snip-

Did you colour the WASD and Esc keys yourself?

Anyone know where I can get a Ducky Shine 3 TKL blue switchs with German Layout? And do you know if I can get a PBT set of keys with that layout?

Rosewill RK-9000I + Ducky sideprinted dark grey PBT keycaps.

T9lhsMz.jpg

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Rosewill RK-9000I + Ducky sideprinted dark grey PBT keycaps.

T9lhsMz.jpg

From that angle you can't even see the side-printing - very sleek! Also, I've not heard much about Rosewill keyboards, what would you compare them to in terms of build quality? Oh, and it's nice to see (what I assume is) a UK layout :P I'm actually so used to the long shift and long enter that it's weird seeing short shift and tall enter.

From that angle you can't even see the side-printing - very sleek! Also, I've not heard much about Rosewill keyboards, what would you compare them to in terms of build quality? Oh, and it's nice to see (what I assume is) a UK layout :P I'm actually so used to the long shift and long enter that it's weird seeing short shift and tall enter.

The layout is nordic ISO and the quality of the RK-9000 is great since it's made by Costar (same OEM as Filco's) in Taiwan.

View of the keycaps from the front of the keyboard:

0KO03nz.jpg

Nice video review of the keyboard: 

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Hmmn, I thought you Nords and that used ANSI (or maybe you have a choice between the two?). But that does look a nice board. If I was looking for something 'no frills' (ie just solid mech switches and solid build etc) then this looks a good choice, up there with Ducky and Filco. As it is, i'm hoping to grab a K70 soon (waiting until later on in the year, going to see what comes of all the rgb stuff and whether they make them with blue leds.

The layout is nordic ISO and the quality of the RK-9000 is great since it's made by Costar (same OEM as Filco's) in Taiwan.

View of the keycaps from the front of the keyboard:

-snip-

Nice video review of the keyboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncB-rvAgrLQ

I do love that side print. I have dye sub caps but mm those are mighty sexy. 

I just bought new keyboard, and it's for the first time mechanical keyboard. This is really weird because I was using for more than 7 years membrane keyboard, anyways I'm glad I bought it. It was on expensive side but hey :D (coolermaster quickfire tk blue) 

VOUvOwo.jpg

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

I just bought new keyboard, and it's for the first time mechanical keyboard. This is really weird because I was using for more than 7 years membrane keyboard, anyways I'm glad I bought it. It was on expensive side but hey :D (coolermaster quickfire tk blue) 

Mx Blues? Is the backlight really that bright?

Mx Blues? Is the backlight really that bright?

Yes, cherry mx blue keyswitches. I wanted to take browns, but when i tried didn't like them as much as blues, also blues won me over with they clicky sound and they feel better to me :D It's bright but not that much, my phone camera was out of focus, hence it looks like it's that bright. But it's bright anyways, I had to tone it down to lowest brightness setting because it's too much otherwise.

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

thanks. 

next month, these awesome looking Starcraft II keycaps.  :D 

6WhgePD.jpg

I want :(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Hey guys.

Im pretty new to mechanical keyboards. @home I use a Logitech G710+ with MX Brown switches and its awesome. But at work im forced to use a crappy rubberdome keyboard, cause my colleagues complain that mecha keyboards are too loud. So my question is, are there any almost silent mecanical keyboards out there? Or can you silence your own keyboard a bit?

Cheers

▼ Im with Stoopid