Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I'm finally part of the club! Just got my Logitech G710+ today :D

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Got my first mechanical equipped with cherrys today (Das Keyboard Ultimate), on top of my 90's Model M. Best ones i've tried yet, and doub't that anything can top these (for me atleast).[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1173[/ATTACH]

CM Storm Quickfire Pro here, with browns. Coming from a cruddy rubber dome that cost like... half a nickel it is suck a beautiful thing to game and type on!

After using a Logitech K120, I'll never go back. The difference is night and day. Glad I can say that was $85 well spent.

post-29-13667860974853_thumb.jpg

I'm currently using a blackwidow ultimate but will hopefully upgrade to the CM storm trigger with green switches as soon as it is available

There are these switches call Cherry MX Greys, and I heard they are if you want to torture yourself while typing

There are also Cherry MX Greens which are like buckling springs

Good suggestion. Hopefully I can find a company that has one (NCIXcom doesn't as far as I can tell)' date=' that will also ship to Denmark. Getting niche, elite products here in Denmark is very hard, since there isn't really any firms that does that. But thank you for the help.[/quote']

Yeah i know what you mean. From NCIX i can recommend Steelseries 6GV2 and the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, both are great boards which are in stock.

Backlit and macro keys couldn't matter less to me! Hahah

Ha ha, ok. As well as Ducky, have a look at Filco, they are pretty expensive, but they are worth it. Along with that, WASD is another good choice to look at. DAS, Logitech G710+, all great choices. Take your pick really. :)

I got a comment which was kind of vague saying the G710+ makes weird noises when you type. I don't know if this is true or not but either way, I am saving up for the G710+ as we speak! Only 60bucks to go lol

Just bought my first mechanical keyboard today, I bought a Asus pre-built computer and it came with an Asus branded Razer Arctosa. I don't really game on PC since I have my console for that, I play fighting games, and when I do play something on PC it's with a controller XD

I bought a Logitech G110 right before new years and it felt like an improvement but it was still a membrane keyboard so I didn't feel like I was getting a better experience overall.

Returned that ($49.99) and switched it out for a Razer Black Widow Ultimate (The non 2013 edition, $99) and it works great, I'm still getting adjusted to it so it'll take some time, but the clicky-ness is so satisfying.

On my arcade stick I have loud tactile Seimitsu buttons, and a clicky Sanwa JLF stick so I feel right at home.

I was looking for a blue backlit keyboard and this one fit the bill pretty much.

Recently bought my first mechanical keyboard to replace my logitech G15v2 and its been an absolute joy to use. Decided to go with a Max keyboard Nighthawk x7 ( blue switches, white backlight ) and I'm very pleased with the overall quality.

20130115_0124481_zps897582df.jpg

could somebody give me some suggestions on a mechanical keyboard? I need something that works, rather cheap and not 10-keyless. like the feelings of blue and definitely the noise

could somebody give me some suggestions on a mechanical keyboard? I need something that works' date=' rather cheap and not 10-keyless. like the feelings of blue and definitely the noise[/quote']

What would you consider cheap? Under $100, the Cm Storm Quickfire Rapid would be a good choice :D

cheap and mechanical there like polar opposites :-)

try if you can the CM Storm Quickfire Pro it comes in cherry mx blue/black/red and brown. its around 70 pounds on Amazon

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

I have a Logitech G710+, new today. I love this keyboard, the MX browns just make it feel like a more quality product, even if my family don't seem very happy about the noise

any thoughts on steelseries 6gv2 ? i would like to get a mechanical keyboard this month something cheaper with mx black switches
I have a 6gv2, I like the simple design, and the quality is good. It also has full N-key rollover if you use the Ps/2 adapter it comes with. It doesn't have any extra features like audio ports or macro keys but i don't personally need them ;-)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate here. Got it cheap in Malaysia when I went there on holiday. Been loving it for a year now :) Don't know why it gets so much hate from the elitists though... D:

I'm currently using a Mionix Zibal with the black switches and I'm quite happy with it.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I have a Razer Blackwidow (basic) that I got on sale for $20 less then the listed price. I have sense bought blue wasd keys from WASD Keyboards. The big problem with this keyboard was the glossy plastic. I don't know what Razer was thinking. Glossy + Hands = a smudgy keyboard. My solution to this was ridiculously keep, yet sleek looking. I got carbon fiber final wrap on amazon for $5 and installed it on the hand rest (the main culprit of the smudging).

post-4260-1366786122429_thumb.png

Does anyone know what is the best way to obtain a Ducky Shine II in Europe? I have looked a bit, but the only option seems to be importing from the USA.

Would be nice if someone could give me an answer :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Just got a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid Cherry MX Blue and I think it will be going back in the next couple days. It slides around wayyy too much when the keyboard is inclined. Also the blue key switches are a bit too loud for me.

The biggest I have is that the keyboard is pretty high and I have to lift my hands to type properly which really starts to hurts after a while.

On the plus side, build quality looks excellent(no flex) and I think a keyboard like this will last at least a couple years.

I think I will return this and get a Corsair K90(after I save up a bit more money) because it has a wrist rest and the Red keys should be a little quieter.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Just got a Ducky Shine 2 keyboard in, so cool.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2019[/ATTACH]

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm going to buy new key caps for my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with cherry MX reds (the black edition of the normal QFR) and I was wondering if I could get anyone's opinion on which color I should get. The keyboard has a red base plate and I'm thinking of getting white keycaps that have the letters engraved on it so I can't exactly see the letters clearly. Or should I go with black keycaps with the letters engraved on it ? Let me know what you think! And if I get it I'll post the pictures up to show you all! Mechanical Keyboards FTW!

I'm still rocking my Razer Blackwidow!

I might end up getting a non mechanical keyboard. I mostly play late at night and I don't like waking up the other people who live with me :P

No, get MX Browns

Hey guys, I'm going to buy new key caps for my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with cherry MX reds (the black edition of the normal QFR) and I was wondering if I could get anyone's opinion on which color I should get. The keyboard has a red base plate and I'm thinking of getting white keycaps that have the letters engraved on it so I can't exactly see the letters clearly. Or should I go with black keycaps with the letters engraved on it ? Let me know what you think! And if I get it I'll post the pictures up to show you all! Mechanical Keyboards FTW!
I changed the keycaps on my 6Gv2 to white Zowie keycaps and I think it looks pretty awesome. =D

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/photoglvd.jpg/

It also has a black frame with red plating, so it looks similar to a QFR with mx reds.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Just got a Ducky Shine 2!

Cherry MX Blues, White LEDs, Tenkeyless (UK layout)

I love this thing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n3693[/ATTACH]

Ryzen 7 5800X • Patriot Viper 32GB 3600MHz • MSI X570-A Pro • Nvidia 3080Ti FE • WD Black SN850 1TB • Corsair TX850M • Fractal Meshify C

Proud owner of a new Quickfire TK with blue switches :)

You were a noob once too!