Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave :)

Mechanical Keyboard Club!

16 hours ago, b emoji said:

h87a 1.2mm are shipping soon, vendors should have extras again soon. 

Ah, thanks for the heads up!

Just built up my silver Love TKL, threw a cheap KPRepublic set on it (no WKL caps) while waiting for my OG Cherry dyesubs. Switches are vintage blacks (early 1990s, small logo) lubed with 205g0. The switches have Gateron Yellow springs and TX films, built on a thin H87a and polycarb plate with a nice amount of flex. I've also ordered some 50a O-Rings to mount the plate on, hopefully to isolate the sound.

P1050681.jpg

9 minutes ago, sowon said:

Holy mother that is beautiful. Winkeyless tenkeyless boards are one of the most beautiful form factors for a keyboard ever, in my opinion.

So I get the aesthetics, but is there any practical reason to take off the winkey? My current setup uses it an inordinate amount, and thinking back to when I did use a normal windows setup I still did use it a lot.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        
2 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

So I get the aesthetics, but is there any practical reason to take off the winkey? My current setup uses it an inordinate amount, and thinking back to when I did use a normal windows setup I still did use it a lot.

Apparently a lot of people don't use it or somehow hit it accidentally so they dislike it. I personally couldn't live without a Win key, I just use it too much.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

2 hours ago, FezBoy said:

My keyboard has two Windows keys, and I admit I can definitely live with them on. The main pull towards having a winkeyless setup is likely hitting it accidentally when not needed.

My secondary keyboard I've programmed so the left Windows key does not function, and instead I do Ctrl + Esc to access the Windows key.

Fun bit of trivia, most vintage keyboards like the IBM Model M omit the 'Windows' key, so that vintage icon has clearly carried over into the aesthetics of most modern exotic keyboards.

I just got a Redragon K556 with outemu browns. (my first ever mechanical keyboard) It feels amazing compared to my generic membrane keyboard!

IMG_0503.thumb.JPG.65e393f04958a9195ba8ca9e58f11f73.JPG

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x  | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P350x | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Redragon K556 | Monitor(s): Main: Dell E2014h 1600x900, Secondary: HP w19e 1440x900

"You don't need to spend a crap ton of money to build yourself a worthwhile gaming computer." -JayzTwoCents (Blasphemy, I know. Deal with it.)

I can't help you buy something if you don't list a budget or intended use.

I can't help you troubleshoot if you don't list your specs/config.

P.S. Pictures usually help.

1 hour ago, CrackinX said:

Just a heads up, amazon has the drop CTRL "used" for a pretty decent price right now. 

-snip-

That's more than what I paid for my Ctrl... by about $20, for reference. And that was a new Ctrl outta the box!

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

i´m getting hurt by being danish and running the nordic layout, but i do have a Ducky 3, Ducky 6 and a cheaper mechanical 10 keyless, both the ducky 3 and 10 keyless are running KBDFans switches.. 

trying to see if a change of layout works, i do love the keyboard, but i am missing the F row i must admit.

but i do like the KBD fans custom board.

keyboard.jpg

7 hours ago, Nowak said:

That's more than what I paid for my Ctrl... by about $20, for reference. And that was a new Ctrl outta the box!

They are $250 for the new version on drop right now, the ALT is almost $200. Just tossing it out there. 

5 minutes ago, CrackinX said:

They are $250 for the new version on drop right now, the ALT is almost $200. Just tossing it out there. 

Aren't they sold out? Alt is 180, free shipping in the US, how are you coming up with these numbers? Not being a smart ass, just asking.

8 minutes ago, CrackinX said:

No. The ones currently on Drop are the high profile variants, which are more expensive than the low profile variant.

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Aren't they sold out? Alt is 180, free shipping in the US, how are you coming up with these numbers? Not being a smart ass, just asking.

^^

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Ok, so what I'm getting from the replies is that it's not a good deal and don't buy it. 

However I will say that Amazon's used listing from their warehouse are very safe bets. Most times on a very good or higher I end up with new in the box or its been opened and everything inside is still factory wrapped. So I would count them as new. 

But if those are not a great deal I'm open to suggestions on a lower priced metal cased, Backlit, modular keyboard. 

15 minutes ago, CrackinX said:

Ok, so what I'm getting from the replies is that it's not a good deal and don't buy it. 

However I will say that Amazon's used listing from their warehouse are very safe bets. Most times on a very good or higher I end up with new in the box or its been opened and everything inside is still factory wrapped. So I would count them as new. 

But if those are not a great deal I'm open to suggestions on a lower priced metal cased, Backlit, modular keyboard. 

Check the Gemini Dusk and Dawn. Pretty much the same as the low profile Ctrl.

https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

You should also be able to get a custom 60% for that price, e.g. from KPrepublic or KBDfans.

Edit: If you can wait longer, the Caps Unlocked CU65 and CU80 will have extras, which could get in March/April (sign up for their newsletter if you're interested

Edited by seon123
Something something

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

23 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Check the Gemini Dusk and Dawn. Pretty much the same as the low profile Ctrl.

https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

You should also be able to get a custom 60% for that price, e.g. from KPrepublic or KBDfans.

Edit: If you can wait longer, the Caps Unlocked CU65 and CU80 will have extras, which could get in March/April (sign up for their newsletter if you're interested

Awsome, thanks so much. Just ordered a dusk, looks to be about the same wait as amazon and saved me $50!

Hi ,

how are these switches ? Gateron Brown and Kailh Speed Copper .

I have to choose one of these , But kailh speed copper is $10 more expensive .

i like tactile switches sound btw , so i chose brown

Which one do you recommend? why?

playing games / fortnite / typing ...

thanks