To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave :)

Mechanical Keyboard Club!

You can just say "leave me alone" and the bot goes away. I haven't used the site before but everything seems to work fine without the bot.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

4 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

You can just say "leave me alone" and the bot goes away. I haven't used the site before but everything seems to work fine without the bot.

Oh yeah, they fixed it

It wasn't like that last night, you were forced to use the bot lol

Filco Majestouch-2, since 2011 with Cherry Brown keys. I'd put key silencers on it when I first got it, but recently pulled all of them off when I cleaned it. It *really* needed cleaning. 

Once cleaned, the only noticable wear on it was from my old cat who liked to chew on the cables, though he didn't do to much real damage to it. Other than that, it's still going strong. 

Finally got around to putting my Gateron Inks in a board. Linear, but kind of "poppy" switches; need to type with them more, but they have a Topre-like quality to them. WhiteFox case+PCB, dark grey Varmilo PBT keycaps. 

IMG_20191116_142325.jpg

Think I found the switches for the DSI 90 key

Kailh Box Glazed Green. Just received a pack of 10 of them in the mail and I'm in love.

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:39 PM, ZivZulander said:

Finally got around to putting my Gateron Inks in a board. Linear, but kind of "poppy" switches; need to type with them more, but they have a Topre-like quality to them. WhiteFox case+PCB, dark grey Varmilo PBT keycaps. 

Damn, that is nice. What do you mean when you describe the Gateron Inks as 'poppy'? I find Inks are heavier the further down you go.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:40 PM, -Kriss- said:

Anyone tried using one of these to dampen the noise of a keyboard?

Im already using o-rings but i kinda wanna try to reduce the noise further with some of this stuff. 

That looks like foam that would go in between the mounting plate and keycaps, quite unconventional stuff. Not used it myself as I always place my foam liner in between the PCB and case to dampen twangs, but I assume if you were to place the foam in between plate and caps, it would greatly suppress the bottom-out noise as it's affecting the keycaps more than anything else.

I love the way how click bar switches sound, heck

Be proud of who you are.

3 minutes ago, Nowak said:

I love the way how click bar switches sound, heck

Detailed, sharp, clear, full of reverb, click bar switches sound awesome.

Then you have click jacket switches which sound tinny, weak, short, and plasticky.

1 minute ago, sowon said:

Detailed, sharp, clear, full of reverb, click bar switches sound awesome.

Then you have click jacket switches which sound tinny, weak, short, and plasticky.

Yeah, there's no comparison between click jacket switches and these Glazed Greens. Click bar just sounds way sharper and less like plastic rattling around.

Be proud of who you are.

29 minutes ago, alittlepeace said:

i'm tempted to buy some clickbars from gboards and see how even thicker clickbars feel

I bought some Box Jades to see how the thick click feels, I'm wicked excited for it ^^

Be proud of who you are.

1 minute ago, alittlepeace said:

he has clickbars that are thicker than those :o

Oh whoa?

Be proud of who you are.

New caps! Finally got me some proper SA-profile ones. The retro look combined with the wood case looks pretty dope imo.

IMG_20191128_104456.thumb.jpg.06e2cc31bb3590bf10368be65ea58849.jpg

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - RTX 2080 - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

Hardware currently Folding: RTX 2080Ti - (2X) Xeon E5 2650V2  - RTX 2080 - TR 1950X