Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

0G1A8328-Edit.thumb.jpg.4196a6dbfe8a01f542a66bf230630b76.jpg0G1A8336-Edit.thumb.jpg.86c2ff6366b6414d2b5817b89d96e1b6.jpg0G1A8346-Edit.thumb.jpg.051d6b56a71b75c7bedb1c9c776203f0.jpg0G1A8348-Edit.jpg.1a8085489b9c2cb4fea9ee034533c606.jpgD317908D-ACDA-4167-92AB-5BF5E873440A.jpeg.22b620d57b0e97ccfa1ba9dec3c9c31c.jpeg

My most recent build, a DZ60 w/ KBDFans 5° case, brass plate, and ink blue switches (not for long).

3 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Razer huntsman elite optomechanical switches.

Did you forget something?

I'm kinda falling in love with my Anne Pro 2 despite the firmware issues because it means I never have to compromise on my typing experience with a shitty laptop keyboard whenever I travel with my laptop.

I should get a 60% carrying case.

Nothing too extravagant or expensive. Got it for less than 30$. Very sturdy but also a bit too heavy keyboard and it got through quite a of hits. Has outemu blue switches and work very well for both gaming and typing. Have it for over a year now and it doesn't have a single issue.IMG_20190929_170658.thumb.jpg.89388f6b34db870f2b1b14959431c2f4.jpg

6 hours ago, Nowak said:

I'm kinda falling in love with my Anne Pro 2 despite the firmware issues because it means I never have to compromise on my typing experience with a shitty laptop keyboard whenever I travel with my laptop.

I should get a 60% carrying case.

How do you find the adjustment of having to use a layer key for the arrows?

I've always wanted to grab one, but it just seems like a pain for how much I use them.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

I've always wanted to grab one, but it just seems like a pain for how much I use them.

I'm already used to using layer keys for other layers so adapting was easy for me.

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

I thought this was a Zea60. Who makes a purple DZ60? The 2 I've built have been black.

The hot swap version from KBD is purple.

4 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Question wasn't aimed at me but I use a 60% so I'll pitch in.

Coming from a fullsize and then 75%, it was a challenge at first until I memorised where to go and about a week in, it was muscle memory.

It was particularly difficult at first with games like Fallout 4 which needed arrow keys for some functions.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

To my fellow keyboard enthusiasts:

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a groupbuy is being held by multiple vendors for the GMK Pretty in Pink mod kit. 3kezZpT.jpg

This groupbuy is being held to raise awareness of breast cancer and support those who are currently going through this ordeal. ALL PROFITS of this groupbuy will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This kit will be available for preorder from October 1st to the 31st.

VENDORS:

DixieMech - $45 USD
CannonKeys - $45 USD
NovelKeys - $45 USD

MyKeyboard.eu - 40 Euros
Daily Clack - $73 AUD
iLumkb - 66 SGD
zFrontier - 335 RMB

If you have the means, please consider supporting the cause.

More detail can be read at the Geekhack thread

READ BEFORE JOINING:

For those who are uninformed, do not expect to receive this kit anytime soon. This will ship April 2020 due to the fact that it is a GMK made set and they are heavily backed up in production.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s
Updated vendor links

I have never experienced typing on a mechanical keyboard and I feel like I'm missing out.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Cherry MX Blue Gaming Keyboard Recommendations

I am looking for a new high end gaming keyboard and would like it to be cherry MX Blue and I am looking for recommendations on what I should get. I am currently looking at https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-MK-2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B07D5W7R2X
Any recommendations would be great!
  • My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

1 hour ago, Thomas001 said:

I am looking for a new high end gaming keyboard and would like it to be cherry MX Blue and I am looking for recommendations on what I should get. I am currently looking at https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-MK-2-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B07D5W7R2X

"Cherry MX Blue" and "high end keyboard" don't belong in a sentence together. Also, don't buy gaming keyboards, they're overpriced with fairly average build quality and often limit keycap compatibility for no reason.

However, if you'd prefer a decent keyboard with clicky switches, may I suggest the Hexgears Supernova with Kailh Box Whites? Although unfortunately it also seems to have a non-standard bottom row, so watch that if you decide to buy keycaps later.

5 hours ago, TrainFan2019 said:

I have never experienced typing on a mechanical keyboard and I feel like I'm missing out.

Go to a computer shop and try one out.  I'm pretty sure my local Best Buy has a few on display, so yours might too.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

I wouldn't go with cherry switches.  They're like the Apple of key switches, higher price for lower quality. 

If you think you'll want to customize the board later but don't want to build it yourself, I would go with the GMMK, it has fully hotswap switches and a standard layout, and you can get pretty much whichever switches you want.  https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-brown-switch  (click "customize your gmmk" to pick the switches and layout.)

Edit: Gateron Blues and Kailh Whites are the clicky ones as you wanted blues

/ _)
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

I am looking for a new high end gaming keyboard and would like it to be cherry MX Blue

2 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

If you think you'll want to customize the board later but don't want to build it yourself, I would go with the GMMK

I second the GMMK. While they don't offer Cherry MX Blue, they off the top of my head offer Gateron Blue which is a clone of the Cherry MX Blue. The GMMK also comes with optional keycaps if you want an all-in-one solution.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I posted some statuses about it but forgot about this thread, so here you go:

This is the JJanck, my JJ40, "like planck, " build.  (Yes, that is a quote from the KPRepublic site)

15699806969702465281535024146883.thumb.jpg.22b1684df67a312b3756f38568497a05.jpg

Switchwise, I am running mainly gateron browns, with a single blue that I stole from a switch test kit.

1569980968596861682217973458657.thumb.jpg.4c598d885f3fe3f285a4eeb6126f663a.jpg

The caps are a sublimated DSA kit from PimpMyKeyboard.  

I 3d printed the case and plate using my own design because the one from OLKB wasn't good enough.

TODO:

Iterate the case design to use heat pressed inserts and standoffs instead of screwing directly into the plastic.

Buy a proper metal plate.

Actually screw the plate into the case.

Paint the new case if I ever get around to actually designing and printing it.

/ _)
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Just now, b emoji said:

0.50$ per switch for re branded kailh blues

BuT IT's A GaMEr PRoDUcT

21 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Congrats to Logitech for inventing the hot swap socket

https://www.pcgamer.com/logitech-built-a-mechanical-keyboard-with-swappable-key-switches/ 

No, Kaihl did. Look at an arduino uno, there will be a kaihl logo on the dip socket.  

SMH my head ????

(Edit: SMH my head and emojis imply sarcasm, sorry about that)

/ _)
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Just now, FezBoy said:

No, Kaihl did. Look at an arduino, there will be a kaihl logo on the dip socket.  

SMH my head ????

I'm being sarcastic. They're acting like this is a new, unique Logitech feature when that's far from the truth.

I own two keyboards with this exact feature, hotswapping, already.