Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
11 minutes ago, ThatWheelchair said:

you guys need to try this keyboard its really cheap, brown switches, and compact (kinda like tfues but cheap)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071W16NVZ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1YCJEIYRL1NFE&psc=1

Isn't that an Amazon referral link? Pretty sure those are against the rules.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

So, Amazon says I'll be getting a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter tomorrow.

Guess I'll be able to use my Anne Pro 2 with my desktop wirelessly :3

Are tactile keyboards too sensitive in the sense you'll end up pressing tons of keys while hovering in your keyboard?

Im looking to get a keyboard thats quieter, so i thought that tactile would be a way to go as you dont need to press them all the way down.

1 minute ago, Akli said:

Are tactile keyboards too sensitive in the sense you'll end up pressing tons of keys while hovering in your keyboard?

Im looking to get a keyboard thats quieter, so i thought that tactile would be a way to go as you dont need to press them all the way down.

No, I rest my fingers on my keycaps when I'm not typing (or when I'm thinking about what to type) and I've never accidentally actuated a key.

This is with Cherry MX Browns, by the way.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Akli said:

From my own experiences, no, but it depends on the switch and weighting. If you want to avoid switches that'll activate upon you just lightly hovering your fingers above them, then avoid speed switches from Kailh and Cherry.

1 minute ago, Nowak said:

From my own experiences, no, but it depends on the switch and weighting. If you want to avoid switches that'll activate upon you just lightly hovering your fingers above them, then avoid speed switches from Kailh and Cherry.

But he wants tactile, so he wouldn't want either of those.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

No, I rest my fingers on my keycaps when I'm not typing (or when I'm thinking about what to type) and I've never accidentally actuated a key.

This is with Cherry MX Browns, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Im in between the Redragon Yama which is tactile and has Outemu Purple switches and the HyperX Alloy Elite, which is linear and has cherry mx red. Or in general, im for keyboards that arent too loud and have a volume wheel.

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

True :P

Also on a similar note, if you want "quiet" then avoid Kailh Box Royals. These switches are loud!

But Box Browns are fine. Those are pretty quiet.

Just now, Akli said:

Im in between the Redragon Yama which is tactile and has Outemu Purple switches and the HyperX Alloy Elite, which is linear and has cherry mx red. Or in general, im for keyboards that arent too loud and have a volume wheel.

Corsair has nice keyboards with volume wheels, and if you want something a bit more exotic then Logitech has their G610 and G810. I personally love Romer-G switches.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I said tactile because im assuming they are the ones that (potentially) would make the least noise :P could be wrong.

Just now, Akli said:

I said tactile because im assuming they are the ones that (potentially) would make the least noise :P could be wrong.

I see. In that case, you might look at linears, but since you're asking for quiet I'm going to assume you'll type a lot, so linears are probably a no for you. I know I type a lot, and I fucking hate linears. I'd go to a store and try some out.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Akli said:

If you want silent and tactile, then look at silenced tactile switches (e.g. Zilents). They'll feel a bit mushier due to the rubber dampening material used in their construction but they'll be much quieter than standard tactile keys. Otherwise, if you desire silence, get linear switches.

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I see. In that case, you might look at linears, but since you're asking for quiet I'm going to assume you'll type a lot, so linears are probably a no for you. I know I type a lot, and I fucking hate linears. I'd go to a store and try some out.

I tried that, but stores here don't have test keyboards. :(

6 minutes ago, Nowak said:

If you want silent and tactile, then look at silenced tactile switches (e.g. Zilents). They'll feel a bit mushier due to the rubber dampening material used in their construction but they'll be much quieter than standard tactile keys. Otherwise, if you desire silence, get linear switches.

Buuuuuut wait, weren't tactile the quieter ones ?

Im confused now  ?

Just now, Akli said:

Buuuuuut wait, weren't tactile the quieter ones ?

Im confused now  ?

If you type light, yes, technically any tactile switch that isn't the Box Royal is silent. But, if you type heavy (like me) then you'd be better off getting a silenced tactile switch, like the Zilents.

5 minutes ago, Nowak said:

If you type light, yes, technically any tactile switch that isn't the Box Royal is silent. But, if you type heavy (like me) then you'd be better off getting a silenced tactile switch, like the Zilents.

Do you have any model with Zilents to recommend ?

1 minute ago, Akli said:

Do you have any model with Zilents to recommend ?

I think you have to build your own (or find a hotswap board).

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I dont know if i would say i "type a lot", i guess i type as much as anyone on the internet, lol. But the thing is that i have a good ear and am bothered even by my own whistling.

Does anyone have experience with the Outemu Purple switches ? Im wondering if they are quiet enough.

15 minutes ago, Akli said:

Does anyone have experience with the Outemu Purple switches ? Im wondering if they are quiet enough.

Don't have any experience myself but here's a typing test on YouTube.

13 hours ago, Nowak said:

Don't have any experience myself but here's a typing test on YouTube.

Ty, do you know how the mode that lights keys only when pressed is called?

Well, i got the Redragon Yama and it is really noisy, is there a way to dampen the noise? Like changing the keys (the parte you touch) ir something?

16 hours ago, Akli said:

Well, i got the Redragon Yama and it is really noisy, is there a way to dampen the noise? Like changing the keys (the parte you touch) ir something?

You can try getting o - rings.

2 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Those only help with bottoming out, the keys coming back up also makes a lot of noise.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

9 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Are they only for keyboards ? Im asking because im not sure they have a name in my language, so maybe i could get them if they are sold in a hardwarestore for some other purpose.