Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
On 3/5/2016 at 3:45 PM, LandensnevoK said:

I used to have this old guy.  Picked it up for $18 bucks and it was amazing while I had it.  MdMJqes.jpg

Sold that a few days ago and my new keyboard just came in the mail today.  6G3l1Cw.jpg

Literally just finished doing a silencing mod to it, It's so quiet it's ridiculous.  I don't know where Topre was all my life, but I think I like it even more than Buckling Spring, which is in itself extremely hard to beat.

Is that an IBM model 2 kb? Those were a dream to type on.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

On 3/5/2016 at 3:45 PM, LandensnevoK said:

I used to have this old guy.  Picked it up for $18 bucks and it was amazing while I had it.  MdMJqes.jpg

Sold that a few days ago and my new keyboard just came in the mail today.  6G3l1Cw.jpg

Literally just finished doing a silencing mod to it, It's so quiet it's ridiculous.  I don't know where Topre was all my life, but I think I like it even more than Buckling Spring, which is in itself extremely hard to beat.

Is that an IBM model 2 kb? Those were a dream to type on.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Didn't manage to post this up yesterday but here is the difference between the top (Hydrogen Peroxide treatment) and the bottom, just cleaned with soapy water.

2016-09-02 19.39.28.jpg

I am currently mix and matching keycaps as the ones which came with the board are super worn out but the other keycaps I have dont have certain keys! So I need to find a new keyboard with a full set on which are in good condition!

2016-09-02 19.40.09.jpg2016-09-02 19.39.46.jpg

I bought and modified a Rosewill RK-9000 a year ago. Got it used off eBay and replaced the stock keycaps with Doubleshot PBT Keycaps. It's a Cherry MX Brown board, and I use it at work.

My personal favorite are MX Blue switches though, and I recently bought a cheap back-lit mechanical keyboard (iogear mechlite) with Kailh Blue switches and I'm liking it so far.

My initial impressions:The kailh switches are about 80-90% similar to Cherry MX Blues, but some of the keys do make a barely noticeable ping/ringing sound when pressed. 

I've attached images of the modified RK-9000. Apologies in advance for the potato quality. 

before_after.jpg

After.jpg

Currently running a trampstamp Corsair K70RGB with Cherry MX Brown. No LEDs have failed yet (fingers crossed) and it has effectively ruined membrane keyboards for me forever... D:

DSC_0094.JPG

Mail day. This little guy just came in a couple of hours ago. :)

It's an Obins Anne Pro RGB with Gateron Blues.

A couple of pictures:

Po4aabn.jpgRQBO3IY.jpgIgTygVz.jpgDvDkihp.jpg

I also did a small video showing the light modes and effects.

Video:

I am sorry for the poor image and sound quality but this video was filmed with my phone's camera and the camera sucks as you would expect from an android phone camera. :P

1 hour ago, Vox_Lusa said:

A couple of pictures:

Video:

I am sorry for the poor image and sound quality but this video was filmed with my phone's camera and the camera sucks as you would expect from an android phone camera. :P

Looks really good! I like the colour of the case. Very unique

MY BUILD LOG

Instagram: @enz0man

2 hours ago, Enz0man said:

Looks really good! I like the colour of the case. Very unique

Thank you!

Yeah, the keyboard was almost a steal for the price. :)

I'm writing this post on my smartphone but using the keyboard to type and it was all very easy to set up. This works either via a cable or via bluetooth. You can connect it to your PC or smartphone / tablet (no wires!). Haven't noticed any input lag so far.

I have a Corsair K-70 RGB, Cherry MX-Brown, Tactile, non-clicky. I have had this keyboard for a few months and it is the best I have ever had. The keystrokes are felt, but it is much quieter than my old Blue switch keyboard.

11 hours ago, Vox_Lusa said:

A couple of pictures:

Video:

I've the same keyboard (but with white case). I like it a lot. But there's one problem: the shift, backspace and similar keys are more wobbly than my other mechanical keyboards. 

12 hours ago, szomeret said:

I've the same keyboard (but with white case). I like it a lot. But there's one problem: the shift, backspace and similar keys are more wobbly than my other mechanical keyboards. 

Yeah, the stabilized keys (backspace, shifts, enter and spacebar) are certainly a bit wobbly/ they rattle. It more noticeable then in most keyboards.

But these sell for cheap so this kind of issue is to be expected in a way. It's a little annoying but there's not much you can do about it and once you get used to it, it gets better I guess.

When I was upgrading from my old Wired 600 Keyboard and Mouse (oh my god it was like going from a Ford Ka to an Aventador), I was mainly looking at the Corsair K70 RGB, though I went for the Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Reds) in the end due to the K70 reportedly having flickering issues (wouldn't have been able to stand it) and not being in stock. I do like the look of the K70 a little more though :(.

I then ordered the Strafe from my online shop of choice. Only 3 left in stock, phew.

6 days came and went, still no keyboard. Usually, this company delivers items to my door within 3 days. "Meh", I thought, perhaps it's just taking a little longer than usual.

After 2 weeks, I decided to contact the company and ask them where my keyboard was. Turns out, THEY HAD "FORGOTTEN" TO SHIP IT AND IT WAS NOW OUT OF STOCK.

Great.

They offered me some other non-mechanical keyboard instead, but I declined and just requested a refund instead. I then ordered the keyboard from another shop, who delivered it within a week. Happy me then felt the blessing of actual travel distance and the smoothness of MX Reds in Far Cry 4 (old game IK, don't judge :P).

What happened next?

The K70 RGB LUX came out. With fixed LEDs. :|

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

Just got an ergodox infinity. My first typing test was at 9 wpm. This is hard.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

55 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Just got an ergodox infinity. My first typing test was at 9 wpm. This is hard.

I will have to make a similar shift to my new keyboard whenever I finish it.

I need to work on it... but no time...

Grid layouts will be difficult to adjust to. I think mine might be easier than an ergodox though

20160827_115145.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

I will have to make a similar shift to my new keyboard whenever I finish it.

I need to work on it... but no time...

Grid layouts will be difficult to adjust to. I think mine might be easier than an ergodox though

20160827_115145.jpg

Generally, non staggered layouts take a while. I actually find the ergodox slightly easier than I did the Planck that I had for a little while.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Loving my MX Browns on my QuickFire XTi <3 :D

lzW3sO.jpg  

Edited by Bramm17

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

My first mechanical keyboard. been using it for a week now and im pretty impressed by the tactile feedback and the whole experience is just different. it is a Redragon K553-RGB that uses blue switches.

I am also a fan of backlit keyboards since i like to use my computer in a dark room.

https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/6d1yFs4XlhyN6YsuXJfkvydRnT7UUZT7/20160908_012007.jpg

OMEN 15T | 9750H+LM | RTX 2070 UV+OC | 1TB NVME & 1TB HDD | 144Hz GSync

15 hours ago, MarcoTexture said:

My first mechanical keyboard. been using it for a week now and im pretty impressed by the tactile feedback and the whole experience is just different. it is a Redragon K553-RGB that uses blue switches.

I am also a fan of backlit keyboards since i like to use my computer in a dark room.

https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/6d1yFs4XlhyN6YsuXJfkvydRnT7UUZT7/20160908_012007.jpg

All you really need to do is learn to touch type...

18 hours ago, cole.allen19 said:

I mean, it's a keyboard and it's mechanical. I don't know what you mean other than that...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

8 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

All you really need to do is learn to touch type...

Agreed if you want a back lit keyboard it should be for looks not so you can type in the dark. You shouldn't need to read the keycaps to type in general. 

14 hours ago, Charger said:

Agreed if you want a back lit keyboard it should be for looks not so you can type in the dark. You shouldn't need to read the keycaps to type in general. 

Yep.

I have a plain white backlit keyboard at home. Even this is possibly too much... my wife complained when she tried to type on it saying the lights made her dizzy. At work however... RGB dancing all over my keyboard. We got a new guy today... when he came to meet me he mentioned he liked the keyboard... ah... the weak minded are so easily distracted by the shiny shiny! I now know his place in the social totem pole. And then there's the ppl that comment on how confused they are about how there are no printed legends! 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS