Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Well we had some problems making the plates, but they should be done this week.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Has anyone tried the Max Translucent Keycaps?
Or can recommend any keycaps that are fully transparent?

Any pictures, yes and no's of such setup?

Figured it's about time I join the club.

I've had this guy since July of 2015, it's a WASD v2 barebones with doubleshot PBT blanks on top of MX Cherry Blues.

10 keyless, just the right size for me.

I've also got a WASD Code with MX Cherry Clears, a Logitech G910 Orion Spark with Roamer G's, and a Corsair K65 old school with MX Cherry Reds, but it's in UK layout and I like US/ISO layout.

IMG_1611.thumb.JPG.5e8a157cdffe91d7c5c94IMG_1612.thumb.JPG.5b8c4f09526af34b6ca1cIMG_1613.thumb.JPG.a4a63e1ce43c0e83d58aeIMG_1614.thumb.JPG.9554811e879f004be9e74IMG_1616.thumb.JPG.ea76e676487f72f99c532IMG_1617.thumb.JPG.28123fe33a7ae495bff95IMG_1618.thumb.JPG.603bdc5ff5507bb42f56e

What do you all think?

4 minutes ago, Eric The Tech Guru said:

doubleshot PBT blanks

???????????????????

Doubleshot is a method of printing the legends on keycaps, so there isn't really any point in having blanks doubleshot. Also doubleshot molding doesn't work very well with PBT, so I don't think such a thing as doubleshot PBT blanks exists.

Otherwise it's a really nice kb tho.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

1 minute ago, ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName said:

???????????????????

Doubleshot is a method of printing the legends on keycaps, so there isn't really any point in having blanks doubleshot. Also doubleshot molding doesn't work very well with PBT, so I don't think such a thing as doubleshot PBT blanks exists.

Otherwise it's a really nice kb tho.

Ah, I guess they were doubleshot if I had text printed on them but I didn't elect to have any text on them, so they're just PBT blanks :P

Thanks XP

Just now, Eric The Tech Guru said:

Wow, I know what mouse and headphones and desktop wallpaper you have, maybe a shot of the keyboard? xP

Well you do get snippets of my hot girl, I'm not gonna send you the nudes straight away now, am I?

I just got a razer blackwidow tournament ed for $40 so i am genuinely happy it has the green switches from razer

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

1 hour ago, guitarboy012001 said:

I just got a razer blackwidow tournament ed for $40 so i am genuinely happy it has the green switches from razer

Watch out for rocks! Pple around here get stoned for having Razer products!

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

4 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Watch out for rocks! Pple around here get stoned for having Razer products!

No no no, you have the order all wrong... they were stoned which is why they bought razer products.

Really though there isn't anything really wrong with them other then price to quality ratio from what I have seen but a good deal is still a good deal.

27 minutes ago, Charger said:

Really though there isn't anything really wrong with them other then price to quality ratio from what I have seen but a good deal is still a good deal.

Which is why they make great ebay items if you can get 'in' on their Insider deals. 50% off CES sale... omg their BW Chroma would be $85 free shipping, and I monitor ebay, and they go for about $120 + shipping. Pretty awsome margin there.

Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

5 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

Which is why they make great ebay items if you can get 'in' on their Insider deals. 50% off CES sale... omg their BW Chroma would be $85 free shipping, and I monitor ebay, and they go for about $120 + shipping. Pretty awsome margin there.

If I came across a razer mechanical keyboard cheap enough I would consider buying it just to take its switches lol

GG m8, G fuckin G m8... (Had my 1st razer blackshark for/half a year before it broke (mic stopped working and the speakers stopped working) my 2nd one has now startet doing the same after two months)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

8 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

GG m8, G fuckin G m8... (Had my 1st razer blackshark for/half a year before it broke (mic stopped working and the speakers stopped working) my 2nd one has now startet doing the same after two months)

zCpoeur.gif

Isnt this the keyboard thread?

1 minute ago, Charger said:

Isnt this the keyboard thread?

Yes, i just had to tell him about my experience with razrt "quality"

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Yes, i just had to tell him about my experience with razrt "quality"

Oh that may have been more clear if you quoted someone. I don't think I would say that is really that uncommon though for other brands either. I have seen several people end up with the same exact problems I have had with same model logitech mice

Razer keyboards have been notorious for developing double click issues, but this went back to when they were using Cherry MX switches too! And some ppl said they fixed their problems with fixing Synapse... And more recently I'd heard they put out firmware to fix the double click. So to me this says the hardware wasn't at issue... their debouncing algorithm was too tight and they were possibly debouncing in their driver/software rather than in hardware on older models.

That they've pushed out new firmware specifically for the double click issue (BWChroma) is reassuring, tho some ppl bricked their keyboard doing the update lol. But man if you had one of their keyboards since the beginning... no wonder there's a lot of hate.

I have one of their Megalodon headphones from 2009. OMG it sucked for so long! It was like half a year or so and 2 firmware updates before they finally got a firmware out that worked right (It constantly disconnects from PC). But after it was fixed... I still use it today.

I got my teensys today, they are really teensy :)

How am i supposed to attatch the wires to it?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 hours ago, spwath said:

I got my teensys today, they are really teensy :)

How am i supposed to attatch the wires to it?

Magic or perhaps more preferably solder.

6 hours ago, Charger said:

Magic or perhaps more preferably solder.

Well yeah, but it's so small

4 hours ago, spwath said:

Well yeah, but it's so small

Lego men with lego soldering irons. 

I got a backlit Cherry MX Blue switch keychain :) 

Now I can win wherever I go and whatever I do!

Photo

Corsair K95 RGB with Brilliant Brown switches...had it for a few months and still have a tendency to bottom out the keys...