Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Oh another question, what version teensy should i get?

How large is the keyboard you are building? How mangy columns/rows?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

How large is the keyboard you are building? How mangy columns/rows?

This is it, but the win and alt keys are actually 3 keys, not 2 keys.

I will have a teensy in each half

ingnor colors

post-53826-0-82383500-1451405650.png

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is it, but the win and alt keys are actually 3 keys, not 2 keys.

I will have a teensy in each half

ingnor colors

Then get a Teensy 2.0 for each half.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Then get a Teensy 2.0 for each half.

And would i want one with pins on it or not?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

And would i want one with pins on it or not?

no pins = less work without them (unless you plan to solder the teensy to a pcb for mounting reasons) lol I would get the 2.0 if you are using a teensy a pro micro would also be a cheaper option but with it being cheaper you end up having to do more work and they are rather annoying to program.

no pins = less work without them (unless you plan to solder the teensy to a pcb for mounting reasons) lol I would get the 2.0 if you are using a teensy a pro micro would also be a cheaper option but with it being cheaper you end up having to do more work and they are rather annoying to program.

Ok, ill just stick with the teensy, dont want it to be too hard, and are not too expensive anyway

I have ordered all the parts for the keyboard, and set up a time next saturday to make the plates. Its happening!

My first mechanical was my old model M, still works flawlessly to this day its just way too big for my desk. I really do love those buckling springs, feel so good on my fingers that the cherry mx blue's of my quickfire rapid have. The blues aren't bad at all but just the raw impact the BS have is righteous. ALPS I've never used and I don't think I'd really like topre 

Just noticed that a 120 pack of gateron switches only costs 26.5£ on Amazon uk. Too bad that they don't have an equivalent of cherry mx clears :(.

They do exist, and I own the moulds for them. :) They're branded as "Zealios/Zealio switches" under the enthusiast market.

Here's some macro shots I took of the stem vs Cherry counterparts.

T2lbgCI.jpg

Ul7IpLl.jpg

They do exist, and I own the moulds for them. :) They're branded as "Zealios/Zealio switches" under the enthusiast market.

Here's some macro shots I took of the stem vs Cherry counterparts.

T2lbgCI.jpg

Ul7IpLl.jpg

i oddly love the look of the purple Zealios lol

Are Razer Greens okay with this club too considering that Linus doesn't hate them?

So,I finally received my first mech - Noppoo Lolita Spyder with Kailh MX Brown switch.

After the few hours of typing and gaming,I have only one question - where I was before?I won't type up 100 word essay about the build or feel,because I bet it's discussed over 9000 times here and there - the build is pretty solid,keys feels really good and mechy.
I was in doubt about switches.My previous experience was with Razer Battlefield 4 BlackWidow,which has Cherry MX Blue.It was pretty good but too loud for me.So I wend with Kailh Browns and no regrets at all.

So,what can I say?Finally,I got a praised Mech Keyboard.For 60 euros,it was pretty good deal for me and hopefully this keyboard serves me well.

Are Razer Greens okay with this club too considering that Linus doesn't hate them?

nope.

Logitech G710+ with Cherry MX Brown Switches, no mods.

Really loving it so far, feels a lot better than my old BlackWidow Chroma (with the Razer Green Switches)

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

Did you guys see the new Das gaming keyboard with new Das 'mustard' and 'olive' switches?

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

Razer oranges here ;(

Don't feel bad. I have a BWU 2016. Still new in the box. Has been that way since I received it oh about a week ago. I'm waiting for other ppls ebay listings to clear out so supply will be a bit lower and prices go back up before I list it. Wish I'd have gotten the Chroma instead tho, those are going much closer to retail price than the Ultimate. Gotta love their CES 50% off sale ;)

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

Fantastic idea for a topic and nice layout on the post. :) I have a Black Widow non-ultimate with its strange Blue switches. Hahah. If I were to upgrade what would you guys recommend? I like the blue switches for sure. And I need a num pad.

I have a CMSTORM quickfire XT. No macros. Numpad. Simple but elegant 

Razer oranges here ;(

Don't feel bad. I have a BWU 2016. Still new in the box. Has been that way since I received it oh about a week ago. I'm waiting for other ppls ebay listings to clear out so supply will be a bit lower and prices go back up before I list it. Wish I'd have gotten the Chroma instead tho, those are going much closer to retail price than the Ultimate. Gotta love their CES 50% off sale ;)

I, too, bought a Razer keyboard during the CES 50% sale. I got the BlackWidow TE Stealth (with Razer oranges), and I was actually using it for a couple of days until I found out there was a problem with the keyboard......so I asked for RMA # and I just shipped it out today, hopefully I can get a full replacement soon.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I, too, bought a Razer keyboard during the CES 50% sale. I got the BlackWidow TE Stealth (with Razer oranges), and I was actually using it for a couple of days until I found out there was a problem with the keyboard......so I asked for RMA # and I just shipped it out today, hopefully I can get a full replacement soon.

The last Razer keyboard I bought ended up getting RMA's twice before I got a suitable product. I haven't bought Razer since.

What's been wrong with it?

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I have ordered a MK Disco TKL today. Going to impatiently await this keyboard for a few days... It seems very promising. Anyone have any experience with KBT switches yet? Apparently they are manufactured by Greetech.

I've been using a 2013 Blackwidow with MX Blues (and doubleshot blue keycaps) for quite a while now, hoping to finally have found a replacement so I can retire it. This poor thing has survived a massive amount of use... I can finally feel some noticeable wear on a few of the keys (wasd and spacebar).

Got my desolserer and stabalizers today, making my plates saturday. I'll start desoldering the old keyboard tomorrow

Got my desolserer and stabalizers today, making my plates saturday. I'll start desoldering the old keyboard tomorrow

What kind did you end up ordering?