Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Sup ;)

Ayy what's up? It's nice to see a familiar face around here. :)

well I take that post to mean he is probably from geekhack as well lol

Haha that is very correct, it's all about them keyboards. :P

Ayy what's up? It's nice to see a familiar face around here. :)

Haha that is very correct, it's all about them keyboards. :P

Oh I know all about that I'm a member over there as well I'm just not as active as you two and I tend to just stay in the "Making Stuff Together" sub forum.

this is what im typing on right now

lN0Em2k.jpg

Oh I know all about that I'm a member over there as well I'm just not as active as you two and I tend to just stay in the "Making Stuff Together" sub forum.

this is what im typing on right now

lN0Em2k.jpg

Very nice, I thought nothing could be better than building your own computer but a keyboard is much more satisfying imo.

Still waiting for a reply from my family friend about making the plates, but it shouldent be too much longer.

A few questions,

what is involved in adding LED's to the switches, would that be significantly harder?

And what kind of resisters will I need for the wiring

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Still waiting for a reply from my family friend about making the plates, but it shouldent be too much longer.

A few questions,

what is involved in adding LED's to the switches, would that be significantly harder?

yes... yes it would be. it can be done but ads far more work but I seem to recall you using 2 teensys so it probably wouldn't be that bad really.

yes... yes it would be. it can be done but ads far more work but I seem to recall you using 2 teensys so it probably wouldn't be that bad really.

I'll just skip it for now, don't really need it.

And resistors for wiring the switches?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'll just skip it for now, don't really need it.

And resistors for wiring the switches?

you need diodes for wiring switches resistors would be for the leds.

I use 1N4148 diodes for my keyboards

random links to hand wiring stuff

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=Hard-Wiring_How-To

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20898.0

you need diodes for wiring switches resistors would be for the leds.

I use 1N4148 diodes for my keyboards

random links to hand wiring stuff

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=Hard-Wiring_How-To

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20898.0

Ah, terms mixed up.

Thanks for the info, I'll look at that

Got the Corsair K95 RGB w/ Cherry Brown key switches for Christmas. Absolutely love it!

Does anyone know about this form corsair? Is it worth it? 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S5ASC4I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EZ98GUCQ6KC5&coliid=I14ROJRIP65NBN 

http://www.corsair.com/en/fps-backlit-key-caps-keycap-puller-and-palm-rest

Please quote me so I will see your response. Thank you! 

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

24114493576_008acacbde_z.jpg

New Corsair prototype :P

is that one of the jane kits? I thinking im going to be putting one of them together for someone. I need to look into getting a plastic layer cut for between the case as well as getting a plate cut for it do to a mess up with the group buy as I recall.

is that one of the jane kits? I thinking im going to be putting one of them together for someone. I need to look into getting a plastic layer cut for between the case as well as getting a plate cut for it do to a mess up with the group buy as I recall.

Yeap it's the r1 TGR-Jane, have you already purchased one though because only 20 were made. There was already a group buy for the next version, the Jane CE, that time there was 25 made. I got into that one as well but it hasn't shipped out yet. Yuktsi, the man who designed and produced the kit already came out with a diffuser for in between the case halves but I'm still waiting for that to be shipped as well. I'm not sure if he will be running anymore group buys either, he's been going through some personal problems.

A few questions,

if its standard LEDS and 5v usb power you should be fine using a 180ohm resistor for each led.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

if its standard LEDS and 5v usb power you should be fine using a 180ohm resistor for each led.

For in-switch LEDs? That seems to be an extremely low resistance. Remember that different LEDs have different brightness properties so it really depends on what color and what brightness he desires. Overall the average choice for any in-switch LED is 820 ohm resistance, granted this is normally for PCBs(I've only dealt with TKL myself). I'm not sure if handwiring would be any different but I doubt it.

Yeap it's the r1 TGR-Jane, have you already purchased one though because only 20 were made. There was already a group buy for the next version, the Jane CE, that time there was 25 made. I got into that one as well but it hasn't shipped out yet. Yuktsi, the man who designed and produced the kit already came out with a diffuser for in between the case halves but I'm still waiting for that to be shipped as well. I'm not sure if he will be running anymore group buys either, he's been going through some personal problems.

ya the guy im building it for already bought the kit and has it. We plan to put some of the cherry mx silent switches from the corsair strafe.

ya the guy im building it for already bought the kit and has it. We plan to put some of the cherry mx silent switches from the corsair strafe.

Ah very nice, personally I don't like the mx silent switches at all but that's just my opinion. I prefer to give my boards some nice vintage switches or the new Zealios since they are pretty damn nice.

Ah very nice, personally I don't like the mx silent switches at all but that's just my opinion. I prefer to give my boards some nice vintage switches or the new Zealios since they are pretty damn nice.

I don't personally like the gritty feel that cherry switches tend to have new. I have some vintage blacks sitting around for one of my builds but I think my next personal build is going to use Matias alps. Just because it's less work to make keycaps for lol. I have not tried Zealios but the purple looks nice.

I don't personally like the gritty feel that cherry switches tend to have new. I have some vintage blacks sitting around for one of my builds but I think my next personal build is going to use Matias alps. Just because it's less work to make keycaps for lol. I have not tried Zealios but the purple looks nice.

Yeah newer cherry switches aren't that good, I personally like to grab some vintage switches and put a clear gateron top on for light diffusion and a slight addition of smoothness. Zealios are really smooth feel like really good ergo clears, I have the 65g tactile variants myself and love them with an acrylic plate. I like the ability to customize the switches to my hearts desire, it takes some work but I enjoy it.

Yeah newer cherry switches aren't that good, I personally like to grab some vintage switches and put a clear gateron top on for light diffusion and a slight addition of smoothness. Zealios are really smooth feel like really good ergo clears, I have the 65g tactile variants myself and love them with an acrylic plate. I like the ability to customize the switches to my hearts desire, it takes some work but I enjoy it.

I have only lubed, stickered, and spring swapped switches. Although I do have some clear tops for these clears I'm putting in an lzgh I'm building for the game guy I'm building the jane for.

I have only lubed, stickered, and spring swapped switches. Although I do have some clear tops for these clears I'm putting in an lzgh I'm building for the game guy I'm building the jane for.

Nice haha, whoever you're building these for they seem to have a great taste in boards. I've been waiting to get a LZ-GH myself, my favorite is the LZ-S in sky blue but that's basically unobtainable and I already spent a few thousand on boards already.

How old do switches have to be to be vintage?

How old do switches have to be to be vintage?

That is a very good question... All of the ones I have salvaged from WYSE boards are from the early to mid 80's if I recall. I don't know of exactly when they switched just a couple of different models that have them.

That is a very good question... All of the ones I have salvaged from WYSE boards are from the early to mid 80's if I recall. I don't know of exactly when they switched just a couple of different models that have them.

Yeah that's about what I do as well, the earliest I'd go would be in the early 90s for browns since it's almost impossible to find a g80-5000 nowadays.