Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I will get a Corsair Strafe RGB + Cherry MX Silent for Christmas, anyone esle with the same case? :D

Dell AT101 spotted in the LMG Office!! Does he know? @LinusTech. Uses early Black or Salmon Alps switches. Very nice. Bottom right corner.

G1se6Za.png

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

My mother still uses an old AT101 that we got with the very first family computer we ever had. Amazingly resilient keyboard, that.

Also, I've fallen in love with typing on this keyboard ever since I bought it. But I think I could stand to have a heavier switch so I don't always feel like i'm mashing so hard. Really want a Pok3r with MX greens at this point. 60% mechs just look so sleek.

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

My mother still uses an old AT101 that we got with the very first family computer we ever had. Amazingly resilient keyboard, that.

its a good keyboard no reason to downgrade unless you have problems with it

Lazer cutting place finally got back to me, they have either .06" aluminum, or .059" steel to make the plates out of.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

got my corsair strafe rgb with mx reds (wish the blue was available by the time i had the order placed) from amazon-uk 2 days ago, forgot to post it, so here it is

post-248090-0-29448000-1449416050_thumb.post-248090-0-82437300-1449416075_thumb.post-248090-0-30460700-1449416103_thumb.

The site has changed....

Lazer cutting place finally got back to me, they have either .06" aluminum, or .059" steel to make the plates out of.

either should work. I think specs say 1.5mm -+ .1mm so .055" - 0.062" I'm using I think .06 stainless but .059 is basically 1.5mm

either should work. I think specs say 1.5mm -+ .1mm so .055" - 0.062" I'm using I think .06 stainless but .059 is basically 1.5mm

That's what i thought.

I'll see what is cheaper.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Another added to my worryingly growing list of mechs and of course my first 60% kb has to be a Poker 3. It took one look and I fell in love.

I may replace the MX Blues with Gateron Blues since I like the harder click.

IMG_20151207_094604.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Company said 50$ to make the plates of aluminum, I'm seeing how steel compares

Company said 50$ to make the plates of aluminum, I'm seeing how steel compares

doesnt sound that bad. I paid $185 to have some plates water jet cut

qYkFHCch.jpg

doesnt sound that bad. I paid $185 to have some plates water jet cut

qYkFHCch.jpg
Ok,i think I'll finalize the design, then get that made.

Glad to see the place 10 min from me has good prices.

I need to find a place to make a plate for my TGR-Jane

I may try to toss a plate in on that order lol

How many plates do you need?????

all of the plates! The 60% and numpad I made were for @Vitalius I only have the 40% and the 3 two switch plates

so my plate out of the order is

lN0Em2k.jpg

and @Vitalius got

K3iy57p.jpg

MtcNy2P.jpg

EaXz9kJh.jpg

epIr7G4h.jpg

Wow those look nice

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I was thinking, i may end up needed 2 controllers, one for each keyboard half.

And i may want to get a micro usb male to usb c so i will have the firts(?) keyboard that uses usb c on it

I was thinking, i may end up needed 2 controllers, one for each keyboard half.

And i may want to get a micro usb male to usb c so i will have the firts(?) keyboard that uses usb c on it

so you pointlessly want usb c which is harder to come by and has no advantage?

Anyways ya 2 controllers would be easier to set up but there may be different options. You could try to clone an ergo dox setup or depending on the matrix layout you may be able to connect the 2 halves with something like cat 5 cable

For ease of setup with the 2 controller method I would recommend 2 teensy 2.0 microcontroller however you can do it with two arduino pro micros from ebay for less then the cost of a single teensy. The problem with that setup is they are far less user friendly and tend to be a problem to program where the teensy is relatively simple to program.

so you pointlessly want usb c which is harder to come by and has no advantage?

Anyways ya 2 controllers would be easier to set up but there may be different options. You could try to clone an ergo dox setup or depending on the matrix layout you may be able to connect the 2 halves with something like cat 5 cable

For ease of setup with the 2 controller method I would recommend 2 teensy 2.0 microcontroller however you can do it with two arduino pro micros from ebay for less then the cost of a single teensy. The problem with that setup is they are far less user friendly and tend to be a problem to program where the teensy is relatively simple to program.

Yes.

I'll probably just go 2 controllers to make it easier, possibly with a usb hub in one

I'll probably go the simpler route,i don't know much programming yet, though my dad does.

Edit: @Charger should i go with the 2.0, or the 3.2, that look like the newest.

EDIT2:

Plate people replied, steel and aluminum are same price, not sure what i should go for

Yes.

I'll probably just go 2 controllers to make it easier, possibly with a usb hub in one

I'll probably go the simpler route,i don't know much programming yet, though my dad does.

Edit: @Charger should i go with the 2.0, or the 3.2, that look like the newest.

EDIT2:

Plate people replied, steel and aluminum are same price, not sure what i should go for

go with the teensy 2.0 more of the custom firmware support it. As for aluminum vs steel is that stainless steel or mild steel? I would go stainless if that is an option for the same price. If it is just aluminum vs mild steel then if you want to paint the plate steel will paint better then aluminum.

Not sure if this is the place to ask for recommendations, but I'm sure it's better than clogging up the forum with another thread.

I'm looking for a first mechanical keyboard, preferably brown switch (or equivalent) and full size. No bells or whistles required. Right now, I'm mainly looking at the Ducky Zero which I can get with browns for 90€ off some small name site or the Azio MGK1-K with browns off amazon for 105$ (a lot of the cost is shipping and import fees, because I can't find any seller in EU).I also looked at CMStorm, but the cheapest I can find them with shipping is around 115 and I doubt it's that much better than the Ducky Zero, even at all.

Which of the two would you recommend, or maybe there's a different better one I haven't heard about.

Not sure if this is the place to ask for recommendations, but I'm sure it's better than clogging up the forum with another thread.

I'm looking for a first mechanical keyboard, preferably brown switch (or equivalent) and full size. No bells or whistles required. Right now, I'm mainly looking at the Ducky Zero which I can get with browns for 90€ off some small name site or the Azio MGK1-K with browns off amazon for 105$ (a lot of the cost is shipping and import fees, because I can't find any seller in EU).I also looked at CMStorm, but the cheapest I can find them with shipping is around 115 and I doubt it's that much better than the Ducky Zero, even at all.

Which of the two would you recommend, or maybe there's a different better one I haven't heard about.

You could always go with a trusty Filco :)

http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/uk-filco-majestouch-2-nkr-tactile-action-keyboard.asp