Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

agreed but im probably going to make the a function key since im making a 40% out of it which means no number keys and stuff like that lol

Im hoping it ends up similar to this in size although the layout will probably be different

dIo2SsIl.jpg

The keycap real estate lost just seems a little too much for my taste (I'm not a fan of pressing shift for some keys and I'm on a fullsize), but it does look good as an art piece.

I'd do TKL/TK (TK seems a better layout as you can bind the Insert-to-Page-Down keys on a function layer along with the arrow keys and it feels more natural whilst saving space, but 60% is a little small unless travelling and 40% is kinda anorexic.

The keycap real estate lost just seems a little too much for my taste (I'm not a fan of pressing shift for some keys and I'm on a fullsize), but it does look good as an art piece.

I'd do TKL/TK (TK seems a better layout as you can bind the Insert-to-Page-Down keys on a function layer along with the arrow keys and it feels more natural whilst saving space, but 60% is a little small unless travelling and 40% is kinda anorexic.

ya I'm not trying to make a practical keyboard lol for that I have my diy keyboard and numpad lol

0oNly33.jpg

ya I'm not trying to make a practical keyboard lol for that I have my diy keyboard and numpad lol

Ah yes, I forgot about those. The custom Aluminium case is pretty sick :D

I could probably strip the keycaps from my Omnikey, but that would be some sort of sin. Keyboardco sells some replacement caps http://www.keyboardco.com/type/mechanical-keyboard-keycaps-and-keysets.asp

Yeah I saw the ones on keyboardco's site. They are the ones that Matias had made up. If I was going to to get them I would just contact Matias directly (that's how I got some spacebars for my V60 MTS).  Someone needs to get some double shots, or PBT sets made in good colors like classic beige, Olivetti, etc.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 owner here, I guess that is after they switched from using Cherry designed switched, but i like the Razer designed (Greens). =)

I use the Cherry Mx Blue for gaming it doesnt really affect your gameplay ( LEM rank , CSGO player)

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

I use the Cherry Mx Blue for gaming it doesnt really affect your gameplay ( LEM rank , CSGO player)

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

random question...

what numpad would look better with my planed 40% keyboard that is on the left of the image

xjpbGOC.png

I have always much preferred the long enter. But I am much preferring the look of the smaller one!

agreed but im probably going to make the a function key since im making a 40% out of it which means no number keys and stuff like that lol

Im hoping it ends up similar to this in size although the layout will probably be different

dIo2SsIl.jpg

No numbers, no deal. It just looks wrong without them too. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yeah I saw the ones on keyboardco's site. They are the ones that Matias had made up. If I was going to to get them I would just contact Matias directly (that's how I got some spacebars for my V60 MTS).  Someone needs to get some double shots, or PBT sets made in good colors like classic beige, Olivetti, etc.

If I could get an Olivetti key set, or any ABS or PBT double shot classic colored keyset, for a V60 MTS, I'd buy a Matias V60 immediately. The last drop on Massdrop didn't make it for me because I knew I'd have to use those laser engraved keycaps for the foreseeable future.

So....who's going to pre-order the Pok3r from Massdrop?

I really wish I could join the drop but I've got no money now QQ

I ordered one.. I had the first batch but wanted the white board with clear switches so im gonna wait the 10 weeks..  It gives me more time to play with the ducky mini yoth though.. and second batch comes with the a set of keycaps.

I ordered one.. I had the first batch but wanted the white board with clear switches so im gonna wait the 10 weeks..  It gives me more time to play with the ducky mini yoth though.. and second batch comes with the a set of keycaps.

Nice! Let me know how it is when it arrives :D Although that won't be in a while....

After looking more carefully at the pok3r I realized there aren't volume control keys on it, and that is a pretty big no for me :( I might wait for a Poker 4 in the future haha....

In the mean time I too got my YotH to play with :)

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! do you guys see the smoothness from which this was typed? just made the switch to a mechanical myself and will never go back. got the k70 rgb with reds and am loving it. i cannot believe i waited this long to get one.  even with the reds typing is still way better than any membrane ever was. the rbg is awesome. the performance seems amazing. im just in awe at how AWEsome a simple keyboard can be!

Hey everyone! :)

This is my very 1st post here in Linus forums.

I recently bought a Quickfire XT (after owning a QF Rapid-i that I unfortunately had to return to the store due to led failings) and I am in love with this keyboard.

I've bought a PBT keycap set from Massdrop (Vortex PBT + POM backlit, white) and put it on this keyboard.

I really like the feel of the Cherry Mx Brown switches.

Here's a picture of the keyboard:

IMG_20150426_144202.jpg

I like it so much that I've already ordered a new keycap set from MS (Vortex PBT Bumble Bee). :D

Thought id contribute again for once :P

Here are some pics of my phantoms that drug up for another thread. http://goo.gl/iPV6wg

Original Prototype (that wasn't supposed to be a prototype)

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Final Products (that will get rebuilt eventually)

Latest%20Phantoms%20BLUE.jpg

Latest%20Phantoms%20PINK.jpg

Thought id contribute again for once :P

Here are some pics of my phantoms that drug up for another thread.

Original Prototype (that wasn't supposed to be a prototype)

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Final Products (that will get rebuilt eventually)

Latest%20Phantoms%20BLUE.jpg

Latest%20Phantoms%20PINK.jpg
I feel like i have said this somewhere else but...

oh looks sexy. I kind of want to try the 7bit layout one of these days as well as anything i can buy a keycap set for lol

I feel like i have said this somewhere else but...

oh looks sexy. I kind of want to try the 7bit layout one of these days as well as anything i can buy a keycap set for lol

#lul :P

Thats the Prof layout the first is 7bit. I would rather have a space. All those extra bottom row keys were useless with all the others I added. Both sets were custom printed by WASD for me.

#lul :P

Thats the Prof layout the first is 7bit. I would rather have a space. All those extra bottom row keys were useless with all the others I added. Both sets were custom printed by WASD for me.

Yep I modded a white PLU-87. I did that because I really couldnt make myself cut up a Filco and they were much cheaper and an exact knockoff. :D

Love the keycaps i think i want a keyboard with like a 4u space bar i really don't use most of a normal size space bar anyways but the 7bit layout looks hard to find caps for as well.

Love the keycaps i think i want a keyboard with like a 4u space bar i really don't use most of a normal size space bar anyways but the 7bit layout looks hard to find caps for as well.

I had to get them made and I think it was worth it. I also think the color scheme definitely came together

I had to have them made or labeled I guess you could say.

I think you could have gone a little bolder on the modifiers but i do love the phantom on the space bar

I think you could have gone a little bolder on the modifiers but i do love the phantom on the space bar

Truthfully at this point I would probably use a different font now but back then I hadnt found a bunch I liked and that one is a default one, I believe OCR Extended.

Truthfully at this point I would probably use a different font now but back then I hadnt found a bunch I liked and that one is a default one, I believe OCR Extended.

the letter and numbers look good is just the rest that look a little to fine