Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave :)

Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Well... Here is the final images of the keyboard! I am so happy with the keyboard! It is an absolute tank of a keyboard!

Black and dark grey in an ISO layout!

16514133784_08ebf2ac82_z.jpg

Phantom Custom keyboard Part 3 by Mat Teague, on Flickr

17136541115_6389144226_z.jpg

Sprayed him black to match the build!

17110589486_69a396639a_z.jpg

16929122917_6ea243e031_z.jpg

Representing!

16948963430_6fc2ae8fdc_z.jpg

WASD have done a sick job as usual!

16514071394_5d1f5d6c66_z.jpg

What's the best kind of paint for painting a keyboard case? My Ducky Shine 3 warranty sticker has been put through, so it's voided the warranty without me even doing anything, so I'd like to customise it.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

What's the best kind of paint for painting a keyboard case? My Ducky Shine 3 warranty sticker has been put through, so it's voided the warranty without me even doing anything, so I'd like to customise it.

Get some etching primer, a scot bright pad, 99% rubbing alcohol and some spray paint of your choice. I used Autotek etching primer and some Rustoleum satin silver paint from my local hardware store.

Lightly scuff the surface of what you want to paint, then clean it with 99% rubbing Alcohol to get rid of any surface oils from your hands, Then give it 2-3 thin coats of primer. Then give it a very light scuff and clean again with rubbing alcohol. Then apply thin coats of paint in 15-30 minute intervals (Allowing it to surface dry) until you are happy with the application. Then leave it for 24 hours to harden all the way through.

Get some etching primer, a scot bright pad, 99% rubbing alcohol and some spray paint of your choice. I used Autotek etching primer and some Rustoleum satin silver paint from my local hardware store.

Lightly scuff the surface of what you want to paint, then clean it with 99% rubbing Alcohol to get rid of any surface oils from your hands, Then give it 2-3 thin coats of primer. Then give it a very light scuff and clean again with rubbing alcohol. Then apply thin coats of paint in 15-30 minute intervals (Allowing it to surface dry) until you are happy with the application. Then leave it for 24 hours to harden all the way through.

Thanks! Think I'd be able to get this kind of stuff from B&Q? I don't know of many hardware shops in my area. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Thanks! Think I'd be able to get this kind of stuff from B&Q? I don't know of many hardware shops in my area. 

I think B&Q sell rustoleum or is it Homebase... I bought the Autotek primer from Ebay for like 9 quid.

I think B&Q sell rustoleum or is it Homebase... I bought the Autotek primer from Ebay for like 9 quid.

I'll brows Amazon and eBay then. Plus, the Homebase here closed down.

I'm looking forward to buy an mk, considering the CMS QFR Rapid-I and the QFR TK with Browns.

Should I buy the TK or the Rapid-I?

I need the numpad sometimes, but I also want a shorter keyboard. Is there any cheap numpad that I could buy additionally?

I'm looking forward to buy an mk, considering the CMS QFR Rapid-I and the QFR TK with Browns.

I need the numpad sometimes, but I also want a shorter keyboard. Is there any cheap numpad that I could buy additionally?

Well if you need the Numpad at times, just go for the TK, it will save you having to spend more money in the future. 

If you plan on replacing the keycaps with some better ones at some point I would go with the Rapid-i.

Steelseries 7G + Ducky Mini YOTH + Pok3r

The mini's were purchased within the last 2 weeks.. I have a problem.

I will replace the keycaps after some time. Does anybody know, how the lighting on the TK Stealth looks like?

I just got my first mech keyboard a logitech g710+ I'm never going back to membrane keyboard, I should of got one a long time ago.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Wow man....

it take guts to spray a clack, what color is it originated?

its all good

I also bought myself another fake keycap from K3KC and I have just sprayed it matt black! It is looking awesome right now!

Wow man....

it take guts to spray a clack, what color is it originated?

I would never spray a clack! It was originally a horrible pink and red colour... However, if I had to spray a clack. I would of done exactly what I did here. The finish on this keycap is lovely!

got my new victim from @TheProfosist it was an old wyse terminal keyboard that I plan to use the switches from and the plate to make a 40% although it looks like it is going to take a lot of work since the bottom row is odd and had pcb mount stabilizers for the space bar

this is how i got the keyboard and also how @TheProfosist got it originally no caps or case

2HbEWWh.jpg

here it is after a little work soldering

AlRl0dQ.jpg

this is probably what it originally looked like based on the layout

2f5AGi5.jpg

Does any body know a good mechanical keyboard that costs £50 or less.

Thanks. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

got my new victim from @TheProfosist it was an old wyse terminal keyboard that I plan to use the switches from and the plate to make a 40% although it looks like it is going to take a lot of work since the bottom row is odd and had pcb mount stabilizers for the space bar

this is how i got the keyboard and also how @TheProfosist got it originally no caps or case

2HbEWWh.jpg

here it is after a little work soldering

AlRl0dQ.jpg

this is probably what it originally looked like based on the layout

2f5AGi5.jpg

It came to me just like you received it directly for Germany. It was stripped to same money on shipping.

i just wish it came with the 10u space bar lol

Sorry?