Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

And this will be your end game, if they're in stock

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=280

I have got one of those ordered for my phantom. Just the case that is...

The new aluminium case and keycaps were ment to turn up yesterday, but instead the postman hands me a customs charge...

I will have it tomorrow hopefully! Also the Phantom PCB and Teensie controller have landed in the country!

ah... good ole customs !

Hey guys,

I'm from Portugal and, unfortunately I can't find any good mechanical keyboards w/ Portuguese layout. 

I used WasdKeyboards.com to customize a keyboard to my liking: ten key-less cherry Mx brown w/ Portuguese layout etc.- The total price was 150$ (kinda pricey but a good investment); the problem is that the shipping price is ONE THIRD of the keyboard's price, ending my dreams of owning a good keyboard.

My question is:

Is there any site that lets me customize a mechanical keyboard with Portuguese layout that ships to Portugal at a reasonable price? sort of a wasdkeyboards european alternative?

BTW here is the Portuguese layout image: https://informaticaemportugues.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/800px-kb_portuguese-svg.png

I have had a few bonding moments over Blue Switches, usually when I am playing with someone on Skype and I hear them typing. 

I be all like: "Sounds like blue switches over there. Same here." They be all like: "Yup. We should be best friends."

Well if you have that you don't need that detachable cable mod

Since the case already came with it

I bought the Vortex Aluminium case which I believe doesnt come with it... However, that is for the phantom anyways. So I will get one which will go for my Filco!

Hey guys,

I'm from Portugal and, unfortunately I can't find any good mechanical keyboards w/ Portuguese layout. 

I used WasdKeyboards.com to customize a keyboard to my liking: ten key-less cherry Mx brown w/ Portuguese layout etc.- The total price was 150$ (kinda pricey but a good investment); the problem is that the shipping price is ONE THIRD of the keyboard's price, ending my dreams of owning a good keyboard.

My question is:

Is there any site that lets me customize a mechanical keyboard with Portuguese layout that ships to Portugal at a reasonable price? sort of a wasdkeyboards european alternative?

BTW here is the Portuguese layout image: https://informaticaemportugues.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/800px-kb_portuguese-svg.png

This might be a silly question, but can you not buy a TLK mechanical keyboard which has the wrong layout and then buy the keycaps? The keycaps delivered for me have been around $60. All the keys will be in the same places, the only thing you will need to change is the language of the keyboard itself...

Corsair k70, and a ducky shine 3 cherry browns with purple backlight, repainted case to a pearl dark grey and purple keycaps 

I got a Chroma for the time being, since Corsair's Firmware and software isn't mature enough for me to purchase one. Ducky 69 that I was ordering is waiting to be back in stock again(R.I.P.)

0CFoA7y.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I got a Chroma for the time being, since Corsair's Firmware and software isn't mature enough for me to purchase one. Ducky 69 that I was ordering is waiting to be back in stock again(R.I.P.)

What switches? "Razer Greens"?

I'm kind of interested to hear a bunch of different opinions about these, because I've heard a worrying number (still less than half but still more than a quarter) of people say that failure rates have been higher than on their Cherry boards, and that even across a single board there are feelings of inconsistency in the switches, or even some switches losing their click somehow.

It's a shame because I really like the loud CLICK and tactile feel of MX Blues, but I also kind of want RGB backlighting, so when Corsair announced the cancellation of RGB Blues (when they were never even released in ISO layout), that forced me to kind of think about a Chroma. I'm currently on a 2012 Blackwidow now (with real Blues), and I really like the build quality and the feel of it, so I know that if I get a good batch that I shouldn't have a problem, but the hubbub around Razer's Kailh switches worry me.

What switches? "Razer Greens"?

I'm kind of interested to hear a bunch of different opinions about these, because I've heard a worrying number (still less than half but still more than a quarter) of people say that failure rates have been higher than on their Cherry boards, and that even across a single board there are feelings of inconsistency in the switches, or even some switches losing their click somehow.

It's a shame because I really like the loud CLICK and tactile feel of MX Blues, but I also kind of want RGB backlighting, so when Corsair announced the cancellation of RGB Blues (when they were never even released in ISO layout), that forced me to kind of think about a Chroma. I'm currently on a 2012 Blackwidow now (with real Blues), and I really like the build quality and the feel of it, so I know that if I get a good batch that I shouldn't have a problem, but the hubbub around Razer's Kailh switches worry me.

Razer Greens, I have no issues with them. As long as you don't beat the piss out of your keyboards it will be fine. It had a little inconstancy with the feel and sound but it needed to be broken in and now the are all the same.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Finally got my Raindrop R2 set a couple weeks ago.

CkwixL6l.jpg

Nice. Where did you get that cable? Looks super nice.

Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue with Red LED! (I couldn't find the blue LED's :( )

XmQthl2.jpg

I thought that this keyboard was kinda "mainstream" so what do you guys think?  :D

Oh yeah sorry for the really crappy photo... it was shot using the Nexus 4's PotatoCam. And I can't stop typing on this keyboard... it just feels so nice... the Blues... I CAN'T STAPH

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

My custom keyboard plate has turned up and its looking awesome!

16315359263_9690ed409e_z.jpg

Custom Keyboard Plate by Mat Teague, on Flickr

There is a little bend in it but for £36, I cannot complain! :D

She is finally complete!

16906566575_e5f4e05a01_z.jpg

Filco custom keyboard by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16906542825_8ec2db19e0_z.jpg

Filco custom keyboard by Mat Teague, on Flickr

I have also ordered my new Keycap set which will go onto the Phantom once it is completed. All the parts are ordered and should be here by the end of the week!

What keycap set is that? Also nice bro :)

CPU: i7-3770k  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB COOLER: Noctua NH-U12S GPU: Gainward GTX570 STORAGE: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Corsair 650D MONITOR: Asus PB278Q + BenQ G2420HD KEYBOARD: Ducky DK9008 Shine MOUSE: Steelseries Sensei SOUND: Beyerdynamic DT880 + Audioengine D1 OS: Windows 7

The ESC key is a K3KC IBOT(A Knock off bro bot) and the other keys are WASD custom printed keys

nice took me days to notice that you did a two tone color scheme with the caps lol

Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue with Red LED! (I couldn't find the blue LED's :( )

XmQthl2.jpg

I thought that this keyboard was kinda "mainstream" so what do you guys think?  :D

Oh yeah sorry for the really crappy photo... it was shot using the Nexus 4's PotatoCam. And I can't stop typing on this keyboard... it just feels so nice... the Blues... I CAN'T STAPH

You are not the only one who can't stop typing on Cherry MX Blues...and the very same keyboard (except mine's the UK layout)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Asus Z97 PRO | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4x 8GB) 1600Mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 with CableMod Custom Sleeved Cables (Black/White) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Western Digital Blue Series 4TB | 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM + 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0 in SLI | Windows 8.1 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Glorious PG Gaming Race Extended Mouse Mat | Beresford Caiman MKII DAC + Amptastic Mini-1 Stereo Amplifier + Q Acoustics 2010i | Sennheiser HD 598 | Audio Technica AT2020USB+ | Logitech C920 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

I'll admit one thing. Making the transition from the rubber domes of my old Logitech G510 to Cherry MX Blues of the Corsair Gaming K70 was a bit weird at first. But that said it didn't take that long to get used to.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Asus Z97 PRO | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4x 8GB) 1600Mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 with CableMod Custom Sleeved Cables (Black/White) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Western Digital Blue Series 4TB | 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM + 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0 in SLI | Windows 8.1 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Glorious PG Gaming Race Extended Mouse Mat | Beresford Caiman MKII DAC + Amptastic Mini-1 Stereo Amplifier + Q Acoustics 2010i | Sennheiser HD 598 | Audio Technica AT2020USB+ | Logitech C920 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

My custom keyboard plate has turned up and its looking awesome!

16315359263_9690ed409e_z.jpg

Custom Keyboard Plate by Mat Teague, on Flickr

There is a little bend in it but for £36, I cannot complain! :D

Where did you get that plate?

nice took me days to notice that you did a two tone color scheme with the caps lol

Yeh, It is a lot easier to notice in person. I used the white and light green caps from WASD.

My new keycap set which is on its way is black and their dark grey! Cant wait to get them!

Where did you get that plate?

I got the plate custom made by lasermasters.co.uk.

I sent them across my 3D design of the plate and they laser cut it out for me!

EDIT: Well unfortunately the plate doesn't fit! The keyboard creation tool I used has added some padding onto the design and doesn't allow it fit! GOD DAMN!

However, I do now have the vortex aluminium case and it is awesome! It looks and feels great!

I'm sure it was posted on this topic before but I'm far too lazy to read all 189 pages.

Does anyone know of a location that you can try out the different switches a mechanical keyboard uses? I read reviews and what each switch is what what it is for but I actually want to try it out for myself so I know what I want before I buy. Would a store like Best Buy have them available for use to test out what kind of switch I would want to use?

My Current PC: PCPartPicker I built this August of 2019. I'm loving AMD's 3rd gen Ryzen.