Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

yep. The hard part is going to be finding the parts since it is an odd layout if i try to stay relatively accurate to the images i have from the anime but that is hard since even in the images the key layout, size and number of keys all change depending on the image you look at lol

k2BijbG.png

Damn, that sucks! Well try using this if you want to get a 3D template of the Keyboard you are making try using this!

http://builder.swillkb.com/

There is a link on the plate layout which takes you to the keyboard maker I guess you are using...

Damn! Well try using this if you want to get a 3D template of the Keyboard you are making try using this!

http://builder.swillkb.com/

There is a link on the plate layout which takes you to the keyboard maker I guess you are using...

I know i posted a link to the geekhack thread for that a few pages back but it does not do iso at the moment and i really don't expect it to do big ass enter since there is no real standard for it most images i have seen have all had different ways of setting up stabilizers for the big ass enter I will more then likely have to buy a keyboard that has a big ass enter and use it for parts as well as layout info but i would still need to find a lot of keycaps for it even starting with a full keyboard

I know i posted a link to the geekhack thread for that a few pages back but it does not do iso at the moment and i really don't expect it to do big ass enter since there is no real standard for it most images i have seen have all had different ways of setting up stabilizers for the big ass enter I will more then likely have to buy a keyboard that has a big ass enter and use it for parts as well as layout info but i would still need to find a lot of keycaps for it even starting with a full keyboard

There is a ISO layout isnt there?! I used the ISO 105 preset and took the numberpad off. I checked the layout between that and my ISO Filco and it was identical...

There is a ISO layout isnt there?! I used the ISO 105 preset and took the numberpad off. I checked the layout between that and my ISO Filco and it was identical...

I know the keyboard layout editor does iso and big ass enter but i don't think swills tool does yet but it may but big ass enter is different then standard iso and has not standard layout as far as I'm aware

cherry mx styles

3h42bR3.jpg

b3kw91rl.jpg

ujVeS8xl.png

apls styles

MKkisz8l.jpg

GKkFMUIl.jpg

I know the keyboard layout editor does iso and big ass enter but i don't think swills tool does yet but it may but big ass enter is different then standard iso and has not standard layout as far as I'm aware

cherry mx styles

3h42bR3.jpg

b3kw91rl.jpg

ujVeS8xl.png

apls styles

MKkisz8l.jpg

GKkFMUIl.jpg

Ohhhh I see!!! That is huge! (Thats what she said)

I adding another Ducky keyboard to my collection, I now have a Ducky Legend Cherry MX Blue. I also own a Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Red, I am really liking the metal feel and look in comparison to the Shine III. I haven't used Cherry MX Blue for awhile so it's going to take some time to get used to again, takes much more force to get the keys pressed.

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

I adding another Ducky keyboard to my collection, I now have a Ducky Legend Cherry MX Blue. I also own a Ducky Shine III Cherry MX Red, I am really liking the metal feel and look in comparison to the Shine III. I haven't used Cherry MX Blue for awhile so it's going to take some time to get used to again, takes much more force to get the keys pressed.

You are building up a nice collection! I have got an aluminium case coming for my phantom shortly, so I will be able to see the quality difference...

Has anyone got any suggestions on keycap colour for an Aluminium case? Or should I just go black keycaps?

I have just finished installing all the switches on my board! I am in love with green switches! Feels so nice! I am quite heavy handed so these greens press just right!

16871050681_42bbf267e8_z.jpg

My Custom Filco by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16870873752_24c8ce6640_z.jpg

I am just waiting for the WASD keycaps to turn up!

Looks awesome!

But if you love green switches, why didn't you install them on the letters and nums, instead?  I do like the clears (are those clears or milk whites?) on the mods.

Looks awesome!

But if you love green switches, why didn't you install them on the letters and nums, instead?  I do like the clears (are those clears or milk whites?) on the mods.

I do a lot of typing and greens are ment to be hardest to get used to because of their weight... I have however bought a 50 pack of greens :D

They are clears, although the switch doesnt actually look that clear.

They are clears, although the switch doesnt actually look that clear.

which is why ducky called them whites and as a result had to rename whites milk lol

I have just finished installing all the switches on my board! I am in love with green switches! Feels so nice! I am quite heavy handed so these greens press just right!

I am just waiting for the WASD keycaps to turn up!

Great great GREAT custom setup! Would fit my typing style perfectly.

Congrats!

Great great GREAT custom setup! Would fit my typing style perfectly.

Congrats!

Thanks, It also suits my style too. I am debating whether to spray my fake brocap black or not... Or buy another and spray it black...

Thanks, It also suits my style too. I am debating whether to spray my fake brocap black or not... Or buy another and spray it black...

Black would look great.

The new aluminium case and keycaps were ment to turn up yesterday, but instead the postman hands me a customs charge...

I will have it tomorrow hopefully! Also the Phantom PCB and Teensie controller have landed in the country!

The new aluminium case and keycaps were ment to turn up yesterday, but instead the postman hands me a customs charge...

I will have it tomorrow hopefully! Also the Phantom PCB and Teensie controller have landed in the country!

customs charge doesnt sound good but the rest seems like you should have a working keyboard soon

She is finally complete!

16906566575_e5f4e05a01_z.jpg

Filco custom keyboard by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16906542825_8ec2db19e0_z.jpg

I have also ordered my new Keycap set which will go onto the Phantom once it is completed. All the parts are ordered and should be here by the end of the week!

Well, I too am now part of this club with my new K70 non-RGB keyboard. The Cherry MX Blue switches are an absolute dream to type on. I was going to get one of the CM Storm keyboards, but the K70 won me over in the end.

The M65 and the MM200 were added extras, because why not?

Overall, I'm loving this keyboard so far. I just can't stop typing on it...I really can't...actually, this is a serious problem...I can't stop...help me...please... :P

11027132_920806874637483_858963569150545

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Asus Z97 PRO | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4x 8GB) 1600Mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 with CableMod Custom Sleeved Cables (Black/White) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Western Digital Blue Series 4TB | 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM + 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0 in SLI | Windows 8.1 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Glorious PG Gaming Race Extended Mouse Mat | Beresford Caiman MKII DAC + Amptastic Mini-1 Stereo Amplifier + Q Acoustics 2010i | Sennheiser HD 598 | Audio Technica AT2020USB+ | Logitech C920 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

She is finally complete!

16906542825_8ec2db19e0_z.jpg

I have also ordered my new Keycap set which will go onto the Phantom once it is completed. All the parts are ordered and should be here by the end of the week!

Thats very nice!

How are you liking it so far? what keycaps are you getting for her?

This is a good mod for your filco

http://pexonpcs.co.uk/products/filco-keyboard-mods

However mine has a female mini usb, and he did not offer mini usb anymore

I'm pretty sure I read that he will still do that cable with a mini USB if you ask him. He just don't have the option listed on his website anymore.

He might try to talk you out of it, but if you want a mini USB I'm sure he will do it for you.

I prefer having mini on my Filco detachable cable mods due to how small they are.

I'm pretty sure I read that he will still do that cable with a mini USB if you ask him. He just don't have the option listed on his website anymore.

He might try to talk you out of it, but if you want a mini USB I'm sure he will do it for you.

I prefer having mini on my Filco detachable cable mods due to how small they are.

Yeah and you don't have to get different cables just for it as other keyboards use mini

I use mine on my old Filco white alps keyboard now since my mx Filco use tex case

Thats very nice!

How are you liking it so far? what keycaps are you getting for her?

It took me a short time to get used to it. I have come from a blue switch board so I need to get used to not having loud clicks. But now I am really enjoying the board! I used to hit caps lock a lot by accident but I havent hit it accidentally since...

I have got some Black and dark grey caps coming. There will be little pokeballs on the keycaps too :D They are coming from WASD.

That is perfect! I will be ordering one right away! I will get in touch with him for a Mini USB connector. I have already braided a USB to Micro USB cable :D

razer mechanical switches!

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

It took me a short time to get used to it. I have come from a blue switch board so I need to get used to not having loud clicks. But now I am really enjoying the board! I used to hit caps lock a lot by accident but I havent hit it accidentally since...

I have got some Black and dark grey caps coming. There will be little pokeballs on the keycaps too :D They are coming from WASD.

That is perfect! I will be ordering one right away! I will get in touch with him for a Mini USB connector. I have already braided a USB to Micro USB cable :D

And this will be your end game, if they're in stock

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=280