Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave :)

Mechanical Keyboard Club!

I think I might of had a bit of a bump on the head at some point last week... Just bought a Phantom PCB and Teensie 2.0 Controller with some green MX switches! Going to get some brown/ blues and clears when they are back in stock!

Also these little guys came through in the post :D ( They are Knockoff K3KC caps)

16646142507_4410a250d4_z.jpg

K3KC Keycaps by Mat Teague, on Flickr 

I think I might of had a bit of a bump on the head at some point last week... Just bought a Phantom PCB and Teensie 2.0 Controller with some green MX switches! Going to get some brown/ blues and clears when they are back in stock!

Also these little guys came through in the post :D ( They are Knockoff K3KC caps)

16646142507_4410a250d4_z.jpg

K3KC Keycaps by Mat Teague, on Flickr 

Good choice on the green switch! I might have change my view on filco

Just received a KUL, will do a review comparing that KUL with filco and leopold

but first impression, KUL looks really good

I got it so it would match my new Keycap set!

Well, I have had a ducky, Filco and a CM Storm and I have to say that the Ducky is the best so far. With the CM storm and filco being almost identical. The only nicer thing the CM storm has over the filco is a detachable cable.

I bought this Phantom PCB but need to buy or get made a custom plate for it. Any idea who thick it needs to be? I have the 2D design from GH but just need to know how thick it needs to be...

Or does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new premade one from?

I was going to get a KUL to try out, but I just don't like the way the sides of their cases look. I still think Filco has the best looking stock case available.

Do you have any of the ping, or squeaky stabs that other people have mentioned having with their KUL?

Well, I have had a ducky, Filco and a CM Storm and I have to say that the Ducky is the best so far. With the CM storm and filco being almost identical. The only nicer thing the CM storm has over the filco is a detachable cable.

I bought this Phantom PCB but need to buy or get made a custom plate for it. Any idea who thick it needs to be? I have the 2D design from GH but just need to know how thick it needs to be...

You might wanna throw that question over GH

but pretty sure you can use the thickness of your filco plates since the phantom is compatible in filco case :)

I was going to get a KUL to try out, but I just don't like the way the sides of their cases look. I still think Filco has the best looking stock case available.

Do you have any of the ping, or squeaky stabs that other people have mentioned having with their KUL?

I might give it a closer look once I got home

Only had 3 minutes of look when I unbox it than I've to fly away :(

I also get the replacement case, and I see quite a bit of flex in it

Anyone have any recommendations for keycaps? I'm new to the mechanical keyboard scene but I'm very much enjoying my new keyboard. I don't necessarily need new keycaps but I might be interested in the future. I have the corsair K95 RGB with browns and it's beautiful <3.

off the top of my head I want to say 1.6mm but it maybe 1.5mm so dont take my word for it

You might wanna throw that question over GH

but pretty sure you can use the thickness of your filco plates since the phantom is compatible in filco case :)

I have just jumped on there. I am also watching the bay for any dead Filco or CM storm TKL keyboards now. I can always get the plate as a part.

off the top of my head I www ant to say 1.6mm but it maybe 1.5mm so dont take my word for it

After a little research, it is 1.5mm thick.

However, if anyone is interested. Here is a link to a group buy which might happen in the near future...

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/phantom-compatible-plates-t10074.html

Hello guys,I want to buy K70,so before buying I played a little on my friend's k70 mx red switch keyboard and I found out that the spacebar had something like loose and loud sound which kinda wasn't nice for ear's ))) Do you guys experience the same with your keyboards or it's just my friend's keyboard's spacebar is faulty ? Maybe o-rings will change something or not ?

GPU - R9 390 Nitro   ///   CPU - Intel 3570K   ///   RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)   ///   HDD - 3TB + 1TB / SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB 
PSU - EVGA 750 G2   ///   Case - be quiet! - Silent Base 800   ///   Corsair A70 Cooler

Hello guys,I want to buy K70,so before buying I played a little on my friend's k70 mx red switch keyboard and I found out that the spacebar had something like loose and loud sound which kinda wasn't nice for ear's ))) Do you guys experience the same with your keyboards or it's just my friend's keyboard's spacebar is faulty ? Maybe o-rings will change something or not ?

I also didn't like the sound and feel of my K70's spacebar with mx browns. The o-rings improved it A LOT, feels and sounds more stable. Didn't like the o-rings on all my keys, but the spacebar and backspace surely benefit from them.

Hope this helps.

I have just jumped on there. I am also watching the bay for any dead Filco or CM storm TKL keyboards now. I can always get the plate as a part.

After a little research, it is 1.5mm thick.

However, if anyone is interested. Here is a link to a group buy which might happen in the near future...

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/phantom-compatible-plates-t10074.html

there are always group buys going on at geekhack and desktority lol

I'm trying to get some parts together to start making a 40%

there are always group buys going on at geekhack and desktority lol

I'm trying to get some parts together to start making a 40%

I have just finished buying all the switches for the phantom... Its going to be a while until it is built though...

Have you built one before?

I have just finished buying all the switches for the phantom... Its going to be a while until it is built though...

Have you built one before?

I have not built a 40% but i made my keyboard and numpad

Here is an album to some of the images of what I started with and what I ended up with and an image of my keyboard. numpad and usb extension I made

http://imgur.com/a/Nf5re

0oNly33.jpg

I have not built a 40% but i made my keyboard and numpad

Here is an album to some of the images of what I started with and what I ended up with and an image of my keyboard. numpad and usb extension I made

http://imgur.com/a/Nf5re

Your stuff looks good man! I am liking the keyboard!

All my stuff has landed in the UK now! So I am just waiting for it to be delivered! I have also made some good progress on finding somewhere to make me a plate. I also have the group buy as a backup currently...

Just ordered my Ducky 69 Fire Edition. 
I'm looking forward to my first Ducky keyboard, I almost jumped for the Razer Chroma cause it was bit cheaper, but thought meh non cherry switches not worth.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Ryzen Hero: |Dead|
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Here are some photos of my new Filco!

16840939966_6cb2892dde_z.jpg

Filco Keyboard by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16679400450_00ae07f37c_z.jpg

16680635459_4478c87653_z.jpg

16840912966_5cd3b929ff_z.jpg

16679136168_a836d030af_z.jpg

All the switches I dont want in, are now out! Started adding some of the blue switches!

16866735775_744ff41e80_z.jpg

Just ordered my Ducky 69 Fire Edition. 

I'm looking forward to my first Ducky keyboard, I almost jumped for the Razer Chroma cause it was bit cheaper, but thought meh non cherry switches not worth.

You're going to love the shine 69 if you're a gamer.

MX Greens on the letters and MX blues on the mods really feel VERY nice, and is a lot more fun than a basic MX Brown setup.

You won't be pressing shift or space at all, by accidental presses, however the MX greens WILL take some getting used to.  Be prepared for lots of typos until you train your muscle memory and the switches break in a bit.

I have just finished installing all the switches on my board! I am in love with green switches! Feels so nice! I am quite heavy handed so these greens press just right!

16871050681_42bbf267e8_z.jpg

My Custom Filco by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16870873752_24c8ce6640_z.jpg

I am just waiting for the WASD keycaps to turn up!

Thought I would share my kb

CM Storm Quickfire TK Limited Edition White :D

YDG1khg.jpg

I have just finished installing all the switches on my board! I am in love with green switches! Feels so nice! I am quite heavy handed so these greens press just right!

16871050681_42bbf267e8_z.jpg

16870873752_24c8ce6640_z.jpg

I am just waiting for the WASD keycaps to turn up!

Looks nice I get the feeling you were influenced by that limited edition ducky keyboard lol
Mb5FQtL.jpg

Looks nice I get the feeling you were influenced by that limited edition ducky keyboard lol

Mb5FQtL.jpg

Nope, I havent seen that one before! Haha

I just thought the switch layout was good for me! With brown switches for normal typing, harder to hit clears for the ctrl, spaces etc and the heavy greens for thing I would only hit with one finger anyways...

I also purchased a stainless steel plate for my phantom today! Cant wait to build that one!