Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I have just jumped on there. I am also watching the bay for any dead Filco or CM storm TKL keyboards now. I can always get the plate as a part.

After a little research, it is 1.5mm thick.

However, if anyone is interested. Here is a link to a group buy which might happen in the near future...

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/phantom-compatible-plates-t10074.html

there are always group buys going on at geekhack and desktority lol

I'm trying to get some parts together to start making a 40%

there are always group buys going on at geekhack and desktority lol

I'm trying to get some parts together to start making a 40%

I have just finished buying all the switches for the phantom... Its going to be a while until it is built though...

Have you built one before?

I have just finished buying all the switches for the phantom... Its going to be a while until it is built though...

Have you built one before?

I have not built a 40% but i made my keyboard and numpad

Here is an album to some of the images of what I started with and what I ended up with and an image of my keyboard. numpad and usb extension I made

http://imgur.com/a/Nf5re

0oNly33.jpg

I have not built a 40% but i made my keyboard and numpad

Here is an album to some of the images of what I started with and what I ended up with and an image of my keyboard. numpad and usb extension I made

http://imgur.com/a/Nf5re

Your stuff looks good man! I am liking the keyboard!

All my stuff has landed in the UK now! So I am just waiting for it to be delivered! I have also made some good progress on finding somewhere to make me a plate. I also have the group buy as a backup currently...

Wait is the CM-Storm Devastator combo keyboard mechanical or nah?

Just ordered my Ducky 69 Fire Edition. 
I'm looking forward to my first Ducky keyboard, I almost jumped for the Razer Chroma cause it was bit cheaper, but thought meh non cherry switches not worth.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Here are some photos of my new Filco!

16840939966_6cb2892dde_z.jpg

Filco Keyboard by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16679400450_00ae07f37c_z.jpg

16680635459_4478c87653_z.jpg

16840912966_5cd3b929ff_z.jpg

16679136168_a836d030af_z.jpg

All the switches I dont want in, are now out! Started adding some of the blue switches!

16866735775_744ff41e80_z.jpg

I just got my qpad mk-85 Brown keyboard. I only have to get used to it cause its a big difference between this and my old office keyboard! But it rocks!

CM Storm Trigger with blues

Facebook Chat Instant Messenger >>>

Chat with your Facebook friends right from your desktop!

Just ordered my Ducky 69 Fire Edition. 

I'm looking forward to my first Ducky keyboard, I almost jumped for the Razer Chroma cause it was bit cheaper, but thought meh non cherry switches not worth.

You're going to love the shine 69 if you're a gamer.

MX Greens on the letters and MX blues on the mods really feel VERY nice, and is a lot more fun than a basic MX Brown setup.

You won't be pressing shift or space at all, by accidental presses, however the MX greens WILL take some getting used to.  Be prepared for lots of typos until you train your muscle memory and the switches break in a bit.

I have just finished installing all the switches on my board! I am in love with green switches! Feels so nice! I am quite heavy handed so these greens press just right!

16871050681_42bbf267e8_z.jpg

My Custom Filco by Mat Teague, on Flickr

16870873752_24c8ce6640_z.jpg

I am just waiting for the WASD keycaps to turn up!

Thought I would share my kb

CM Storm Quickfire TK Limited Edition White :D

YDG1khg.jpg

I have just finished installing all the switches on my board! I am in love with green switches! Feels so nice! I am quite heavy handed so these greens press just right!

16871050681_42bbf267e8_z.jpg

16870873752_24c8ce6640_z.jpg

I am just waiting for the WASD keycaps to turn up!

Looks nice I get the feeling you were influenced by that limited edition ducky keyboard lol
Mb5FQtL.jpg

Looks nice I get the feeling you were influenced by that limited edition ducky keyboard lol

Mb5FQtL.jpg

Nope, I havent seen that one before! Haha

I just thought the switch layout was good for me! With brown switches for normal typing, harder to hit clears for the ctrl, spaces etc and the heavy greens for thing I would only hit with one finger anyways...

I also purchased a stainless steel plate for my phantom today! Cant wait to build that one!

Nope, I havent seen that one before! Haha

I just thought the switch layout was good for me! With brown switches for normal typing, harder to hit clears for the ctrl, spaces etc and the heavy greens for thing I would only hit with one finger anyways...

I also purchased a stainless steel plate for my phantom today! Cant wait to build that one!

nice did you find somewhere that has plates in stock or did you have to have one made?

nice did you find somewhere that has plates in stock or did you have to have one made?

I am getting one made by a local metal workshop. There is a group buy on desk authority at the moment... But I dont think they will be made for another month or so...

I am getting one made by a local metal workshop. There is a group buy on desk authority at the moment... But I dont think they will be made for another month or so...

ya group buys are not the fastest way to get things done

Well for £40 I can get one made and shipped too me for next week...

damn that is actually a decent price from what I have seen people posting saying they are being charged ~ $100 for a plate to be cut

damn that is actually a decent price from what I have seen people posting saying they are being charged ~ $100 for a plate to be cut

Yeh, this place is very cheap! I opted for the more expensive Stainless steel plate too! I could of just got a mild steel plate with a non conductive coating for £7 less...

Yeh, this place is very cheap! I opted for the more expensive Stainless steel plate too! I could of just got a mild steel plate with a non conductive coating for £7 less...

at some point i need to find a place that will make a cheap plate or i may try hand cutting it like i did for my numpad but i want to make a radical edward style keyboard all though oddly the key layout changes from shot to shot in the anime lol

this is what im talking about

RDOTZ13l.jpg

at some point i need to find a place that will make a cheap plate or i may try hand cutting it like i did for my numpad but i want to make a radical edward style keyboard all though oddly the key layout changes from shot to shot in the anime lol

this is what im talking about

RDOTZ13l.jpg

That looks a cool keyboard! You could try and cut it but you would put hours into it! A laser cutter would do it in an hour or so...

You could even have a detachable USB on the side there too!

That looks a cool keyboard! You could try and cut it but you would put hours into it! A laser cutter would do it in an hour or so...

You could even have a detachable USB on the side there too!

I'm making a custom keyboard / prop from anime i wouldn't care if i put a lot of hours into making it. I would probably put an RJ45 jack in it and make a custom usb cable lol

I'm making a custom keyboard / prop from anime i wouldn't care if i put a lot of hours into making it. I would probably put an RJ45 jack in it and make a custom usb cable lol

A fake RJ45 cable which is actually wired for USB would be awesome! obviously the internals would then wire back up to normal USB...

A fake RJ45 cable which is actually wired for USB would be awesome! obviously the internals would then wire back up to normal USB...

yep. The hard part is going to be finding the parts since it is an odd layout if i try to stay relatively accurate to the images i have from the anime but that is hard since even in the images the key layout, size and number of keys all change depending on the image you look at lol

k2BijbG.png