Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Almost ordered pikachu and pokeball keys, but I'm reading some people have problems with them being loose :/

That's due to the aluminum. They can't mold them to the same precision as you can with plastics.

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a TKL cherry mx blue keyboard with white leds and a UK ISO layout... D: it's becoming really fustrating that I can't find anything... Could I ask you guys to find something to buy online ?   :3

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Hey guys, I've been trying to find a TKL cherry mx blue keyboard with white leds and a UK ISO layout... D: it's becoming really fustrating that I can't find anything... Could I ask you guys to find something to buy online ?   :3

Ducky Shine DK-9008S The shine 3 TKL.

But the white LEDs are a pain to find with that combination.

heelp! i just got my ducky shine slim with white backlit, but the white is kind of freaking out my eyes a bit! :D before i had the k70 vengence red backlit and it was all just fine... is this just me or is ducky's white backlit super intense??

edit: i cant tell if the brightness is the issue here or the colour white...even on the lowest brightness it is kind of annoying to look at while typing :/ on the highest level it is just more obvious to me.. damn i think i need to return it :/ it also catches my eyes in peripheral vision when i look at my monitor.. wow.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Ducky Shine DK-9008S The shine 3 TKL.

But the white LEDs are a pain to find with that combination.

have you got a link of that for sale?

PROFILEYEAH

WASD V2 88 key

not 100% sure it's backlit but pretty sure

WASD V2 88 key

not 100% sure it's backlit but pretty sure

Not backlit, there Code v2 series is white, but their tkl only has Greens, Clears, and Blues... The full ones with the numpad come with Greens or Clears depending on which you prefer.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/code-keyboard.html

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I have just bought a CM storm Rapid-I with white LED's and Brown switches just recently! ( I am also now trying to get a wood top case made for it! )

Feels very similar to blues but without the loud click!

I have just bought a CM storm Rapid-I with white LED's and Brown switches just recently! ( I am also now trying to get a wood top case made for it! )

Feels very similar to blues but without the loud click!

aHH I was really tempted. But I vowed to myself the next keyboard I buy will be Cherry Blues xD

PROFILEYEAH

Spent all day cleaning and putting O-rings into both my keyboards. Feels like waste for my Ducky with Blues, but the Filco is so much quieter. Just got to get used to the more "mushy" feeling when I bottom out. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

heelp! i just got my ducky shine slim with white backlit, but the white is kind of freaking out my eyes a bit! :D before i had the k70 vengence red backlit and it was all just fine... is this just me or is ducky's white backlit super intense??

edit: i cant tell if the brightness is the issue here or the colour white...even on the lowest brightness it is kind of annoying to look at while typing :/ on the highest level it is just more obvious to me.. damn i think i need to return it :/ it also catches my eyes in peripheral vision when i look at my monitor.. wow.

Well don't look at it whilst typing then! :P

On a more serious note, I doubt you'll find white LEDs without them being really intense. Just the way it goes

It's a skill worth learning ! :P Plus it's pretty fun. If you're looking for a software to do it, I'd suggest Solidworks. The gui is intuitive and easy to pick up + it's compatible with Topsolid for your CAM

Well I tried a few places and everything cost a fortune... So I just bought a Vortex Aluminium case for it instead... :D

There is a place near where I live who do 3D scans, so I might take the aluminium case there, get a 3D scan and then have it routed out of wood in the future.

Owned a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid in MX Blue and TK in MX Red. Great for streaming on osu! beatmaps, horrible for doing work quietly xD

Still lovin it ;)

Well don't look at it whilst typing then! :P

On a more serious note, I doubt you'll find white LEDs without them being really intense. Just the way it goes

I hope that is not the case with the cm storm tkl I ordered, because when im at macbook the white backlit even on max does not irritate me whatsoever.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Might be a long shot, but has anyone got a green keycap like a brocap or similar? 

I want to get a single cap for my new keyboard to swap the ESC key out... or does anyone know where I could get one from?

I'm thinking that I should get a k70 rgb soon. Soon I will be in this club.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) w/ blank keycaps

CPU: AMD FX 9590 @ 4.7 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 6GB MB: MSI 990FXA-GD80 RAM: 8GB Vengance x4 HDD: Seagate 1B / 8GB SATA3 64MB SSD x2 OD: Blu-ray Writer 16x SATA Black PSU InWin 1200W Modular 80Plus Bronze  Chassis: Strike-X One MATX Tower 

I have just signed up to Massdrop however I have seen those before. I am not a huge fan of them, unless I were to get the pokeball one and spray the keycap bar the pokeball green. 

I want to get an all green cap if possible with some sort of figure head, like a brocap. Has anyone got any idea when their next sale is going to happen?

I have just signed up to Massdrop however I have seen those before. I am not a huge fan of them, unless I were to get the pokeball one and spray the keycap bar the pokeball green. 

I want to get an all green cap if possible with some sort of figure head, like a brocap. Has anyone got any idea when their next sale is going to happen?

oooh, like a a textured one and stuff ? didn't understand at first xD

couldn't say about a massdrop group buy. You could start a poll if there isn't one allready. Other than that the only place I know which sells this kind of keycaps is http://stores.ebay.com/geekkeys/Keycaps-/_i.html?_fsub=3477973017and there's no green stuff that I saw except the breaking bad one.

oooh, like a a textured one and stuff ? didn't understand at first xD

couldn't say about a massdrop group buy. You could start a poll if there isn't one allready. Other than that the only place I know which sells this kind of keycaps is http://stores.ebay.com/geekkeys/Keycaps-/_i.html?_fsub=3477973017and there's no green stuff that I saw except the breaking bad one.

I want something that is going to stand out a bit, the keyboard is backlight and will have grey and white keys with green text. So I want a green ESC key.

I saw the breaking bad one, but I wouldn't say I was enough of a fan of the show to warrant a purchase. but I might consider it if I cant find anything.

I switched from a ducky cherry mx brown to a razer blackwidow ultimate tournament ed (10 keyless) with those china razer switches. call me surprised. they feel like a "better" version of cherry mx blues. I've used a lot of mechanical keyboards through the years. these razer switches are not bad at all

I switched from a ducky cherry mx brown to a razer blackwidow ultimate tournament ed (10 keyless) with those china razer switches. call me surprised. they feel like a "better" version of cherry mx blues. I've used a lot of mechanical keyboards through the years. these razer switches are not bad at all

Ive actually been looking at swapping from a g710+ to the same keyboard you mentioned.Exactly same keys too

Very interesting you prefer the kalihs 

That will help me in my decision making 

Ive actually been looking at swapping from a g710+ to the same keyboard you mentioned.Exactly same keys too

Very interesting you prefer the kalihs 

That will help me in my decision making 

3b80d3a824d53a8407ca99c9b2968bab14258863

d557d3e06439c05621fd6d600adb9e4714258863

tbh I was expecting it to be somewhat different. I've tried the ALPS mech switches before and I didn't like them at all. these razer switches are great. it's also my first time using a 10 keyless keyboard. it does feel a lot more comforable when gaming. getting used to a keyboard without a numpad is a bit weird to me still

Yeah for me thats going to be very weird but i think i want to try 10 keyless