Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I'm using the SteelSeries 6Gv2 and I'm very happy, to have it.

Got it, with the black switches in it, and I just removed the case of the keyboard, don't really know, why I did it.

I know, gaming on a netbook isn't that nice..

That's the reason, why I'm only playing a rhythm game, called "Osu!".

Loving my Logitech G710+

I got it second hand for 100 bucks, but somebody has removed the O-rings. It is loud, but i love it !

It is my first mechanical and it is awesome.I type so much faster and there is some kind of satisfaction while doing it. I enjoy tapping these cherrys' :D

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but i was just wondering where can i buy an LZ MX Mini keyboard? i live in Finland, so preferrably i'd buy it fro inside europe. I saw a picture of that keyboard, and fell in love with it. And also are there any other ten keyless (or otherwise compact) wireless mechanical keyboards. I know that narrows the selection a lot. 

Officially part of the club from today, just got my razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, cherry mx blue switches!!!

It's my first mechanical keyboard and i'm loving it this far!

A little noisy but it's worth it

Officially part of the club from today, just got my razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, cherry mx blue switches!!!

It's my first mechanical keyboard and i'm loving it this far!

A little noisy but it's worth it

I like how you got the Cherry MX blue switch version instead of their Razer green switch BWU

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I like how you got the Cherry MX blue switch version instead of their Razer green switch BWU

Yeah i read somewhere that they use cheap switches so decided to go with the cherry switches!

Hey guys, has anyone got any info or know anyone who has any experience with making wooden casings for a mechanical keyboard?

Its been a project I have wanted to do for a little while and the opportunity has finally presented itself to me with a very cheap CM mechanical keyboard off the bay!

Hey guys, has anyone got any info or know anyone who has any experience with making wooden casings for a mechanical keyboard?

Its been a project I have wanted to do for a little while and the opportunity has finally presented itself to me with a very cheap CM mechanical keyboard off the bay!

there's this guy from deskthority which made one. Looks simple enough, just glue some wood together and add support pins. http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/75-sprit-mx-clears-custom-wooden-case-t8304.html

Either that or you could go the more elegant way and CNC-mill one out of a solid block of wood assuming you have access to said-cnc.

EDIT : forgot to add the link *derp*

there's this guy from deskthority which made one. Looks simple enough, just glue some wood together and add support pins. http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/75-sprit-mx-clears-custom-wooden-case-t8304.html

Either that or you could go the more elegant way and CNC-mill one out of a solid block of wood assuming you have access to said-cnc.

EDIT : forgot to add the link *derp*

I want to do it out of a single piece of dark wood. I am intending on inlaying a wrist wrest possibly into it also...

Going to have a look around for some CNC milling places near me.

I want to do it out of a single piece of dark wood. I am intending on inlaying a wrist wrest possibly into it also...

Going to have a look around for some CNC milling places near me.

If you need help with the 3D modeling or qith generating your G code I'll be glad to help :)

Hey guys can you tell me the pros and cons of these keyboards? Without considering price

1. Blackwidow ultimate 2013

2. Blackwidow ultimate 2014

3. Blackwidow ultimate stealth 2014

4. Corsair k70 brown switches,red led and non rgb

5. Corsair k96 red switches, white led and non rgb

The razer stuff is very plasticky and won't feel as premium as corsair's. The blackwidow 2013 has Cherry mx blues which are clicky switches. The only difference between the blackwidow 2014 and the stealth are the keycaps I believe but I'd stay away from them since they use kailh switches (a cheaper kind of mechanical switch).

The corsair stuff is essentially the same with good build quality and premium materials.

Ultimately it comes down to a question of which kind of switch you want: blue, brown or red. More info on that here http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX

If you need help with the 3D modeling or qith generating your G code I'll be glad to help :)

Well I have talked to a mate and I either have the option of CNC machining it or getting a dremel with a grinding disk and chisel.

I am thinking of learning how to 3D Model it and will get it CNC machined. I am also thinking of etching a nice pattern into it and using black ink/ paint to fill the etching!

Am I able to "scan" the top cover of the keyboard in and have that as a beginning template on a 3D modelling program?

I don't know of a way to scan something for 3d modelling but you could just take the necessary measurements and model it. As it's probably a simple piece, it would not take too long

I don't know of a way to scan something for 3d modelling but you could just take the necessary measurements and model it. As it's probably a simple piece, it would not take too long

Going to take a look at some tutorials tonight and lets see how I get on. I might end up just chiseling it if it is too difficult...

Going to take a look at some tutorials tonight and lets see how I get on. I might end up just chiseling it if it is too difficult...

It's a skill worth learning ! :P Plus it's pretty fun. If you're looking for a software to do it, I'd suggest Solidworks. The gui is intuitive and easy to pick up + it's compatible with Topsolid for your CAM

Hey guys can you tell me the pros and cons of these keyboards? Without considering price

1. Blackwidow ultimate 2013

2. Blackwidow ultimate 2014

3. Blackwidow ultimate stealth 2014

4. Corsair k70 brown switches,red led and non rgb

5. Corsair k96 red switches, white led and non rgb

1. Pro: Uses Cherry switches so tried and tested; Con: Plasticky/not as good build quality and not really worth the price (I know you said to not mention price, but for what you're getting they're overpriced. There are other keyboards in the Razer price range that are better built)

2. Pro: Rzaer ermahgerd; Con: as above + Kailh switches which can be of lower quality

3. Pro: Doesn't click so isn't as loud if you like that sort of thing; Con: as above + doesn't click (which you might want in a keyboard)

4. Pro: Solid construction, Cherry switches; Con: Price (that's about it really) oh and it doesn't click

5. Pro: as above, also is linear if you like that sort of thing; Con: Price and is linear rather than tactile if you don't like that sort of thing

Basically Corsair products have higher build quality and are guaranteed to use Cherry switches. Razer products are built less well and the same price as Corsair stuff.

Very nice idea! I love mech keyboards like pretty much everyone else on this forum at this point. I have a G710+ with browns and a Corsair K70 with reds both of which im pretty happy with. I might be buying my friends older Razer Blackwidow with blues shortly which makies me EXTREMELY happy as blues are hands down my favorite switch for both typing and gaming :)

I right now have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014, but getting a Corsair K70 RGB soon :) I really love mechanical keyboards, like everyone else here, and I thought I'd just say that, I don't really know what else to say to get in this forum... the post is huge. 

Just put some Rosewill o-rings on my k70 with browns.

YoozjSrl.jpg

Didn't like them too much, so I left them only on the textured wasd keys for gaming.

Looks gorgeous naked though :P

XbPyubKl.jpg

loving my thermaltake Poseidon

z

Specs

CPU: R5 1600

GPU : EVGA RTX 2060 XC

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB 2400Mhz

MB: GIgabyte AB350M

Storage: x1 Saamsung 850 evo 256GB SSD x1 Toshiba P300 3TB HDD

PSU: EVGA 750 B2

Case: Apevia X-Sniper2-BL