Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

That's why I'm getting the 69 Fire Edition, I have the 78Version and love it...I'm into collecting limited edition Ducky keyboards.

Don't mind me~

*cough*

PS. I'm also getting one of those keyboards :)

Qk0nF8g.jpg

I just bought the Logitech g710+ on sale for about 100 usd. Cherry mx browns and decent back lighting. I would consider this keyboard a solid buy at $100 and a bit overpriced at its standard $150, especially when considering how cherry browns have become much more available over the last two years.

Handing out TechRx's

I just bought the Logitech g710+ on sale for about 100 usd. Cherry mx browns and decent back lighting. I would consider this keyboard a solid buy at $100 and a bit overpriced at its standard $150, especially when considering how cherry browns have become much more available over the last two years.

Really nice deal there! :D

Did anyone get, or is anyone getting, the Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition :wub: ? It's an interesting board like this that sucks me right back to the keyboard fold.... :wacko:

Saw this on their facebook page, Liked, and moved on. For some reason I just don't feel any interest in this board at all....

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

*Snip*

Oh man, cherry mx green for your letters and numbers, then black switches for

your modifiers, now that would be a sweet keyboard. 

While different keys for different parts of the keyboard is awesome. The ducky fire

edition just looks like a senseless mess to me.. including practically every cherry mx

key for the heck of it.

Oh man, cherry mx green for your letters and numbers, then black switches for

your modifiers, now that would be a sweet keyboard. 

While different keys for different parts of the keyboard is awesome. The ducky fire

edition just looks like a senseless mess to me.. including practically every cherry mx

key for the heck of it.

I see it as a large Cherry sample board! Along with having some awesome-looking dual LED's.

Red/Blue, Red/Green, Green/Blue.

The base they are using for the keyboard will be a Shine 4, so it only makes sense. And this is what they have said on their facebook.

The Ducky 69 edition keyboard Fire version keyboard that based on Shine 4 model. In addition, the Ducky 69 edition equipped Dual LEDs. However, it's more colourful and combination by using different colour LEDs.

This picture was also shown along that quote. (Blurry cause they are a big tease :c)

They are basically using the Shine 4 and this board as a stepping stone towards RGB lightning, is how I see it.

BbzW89v.jpg

I see it as a large Cherry sample board! Along with having some awesome-looking dual LED's.

Red/Blue, Red/Green, Green/Blue.

The base they are using for the keyboard will be a Shine 4, so it only makes sense. And this is what they have said on their facebook.

This picture was also shown along that quote. (Blurry cause they are a big tease :c)

They are basically using the Shine 4 and this board as a stepping stone towards RGB lightning, is how I see it.

BbzW89v.jpg

That keyboard is such a mess, not for me.

But they managed to make something 

pretty unique i guess :P. Haha, cherry

sample board is exactly what it is. 

My second mech, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, green backlight, blue switches ordered today. I think I may have got one of the last ones left in the UK.

Cherry MX Browns reporting in. (Rosewill RK-9000BR)

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

Corsair K70 Blue Switch/ Red Backlight with these keycaps.

Vortex KBT PURE White LED w/ Clear switches (for travel w/ laptop)

Can you take a photo to see how it is all together?

just going to toss mine in here

sorry i don't a a desk pic

large_547_DK9087S3Green_main.jpg

i use the ducky shine 3 tkl cherry mx red green backlit keyboard for my personal rig

Joining the mechanical keyboard club. Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns arrives in the mail today! :D

Git Gud.

I had to get one eventually just to see if there is any truth to all of the Topre hype.

Posted Image

If they were programmable I'd still be using them.

If they were programmable I'd still be using them.

i think we have gone over this just, because it is not designed to be reprogrammed doesn't mean it cant be lol

i think we have gone over this just, because it is not designed to be reprogrammed doesn't mean it cant be lol

The HHKB acually has upgradable firmware so you have a change maybe. The others idk... Some one has modded a teensy into a HHKB before too, if only they would have used that bluetooth version!

Ducky PBT keycaps arrived today for my Ducky Shine 3, they're great, the feel really nice, not how I expected them to which was surprising.

I love the look of them though, especially in the reasctive typing mode.

I'll be getting some double shot ABS ones too and having a little comparrison.

VAQIe7p.jpg

P8bgE9W.jpg

SJ2QfbX.jpg

Just got my first mech keyboard yesterday. CM Storm Trigger Z with Mx browns. Great so far.

post-185838-0-40728200-1422074720_thumb.

post-185838-0-40728200-1422074720_thumb.

HOSHUNMK2

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1866 16GB (2 x 8GB) | GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Omega Core Edition | PSU: Zalman ZM600-HP 600W Semi-Modular | Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB / WD Blue 1TBx2 Raid 1 | Display(s) : Samsung S24D360 + Samsung LS22D360 | Case : NZXT S340 Mice: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury | KB: CM Storm Trigger Z MX Brown | Headset: HyperX Cloud Headset

About to buy my first mech kb. But cant make mind up between the Ducky Shine 4 or the Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate, both with MX Browns. I know the differences between them, but I just can't pick.\

Help?

@Evil-Erthanu

As you mention they're are completely different keyboard.

Personally I think the Das looks so nice and simple. The Ducky is a bit more shiny and flashy, don't get me wrong I'm a huge Ducky fan but I'm not so sure about the Shine 4 though.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I ended up ordering the Ducky, only because of the back-lighting really. Is the Ducky Shine 4 quite new? Because I wasn't able to find very many proper reviews, but I couldn't find ANY Shine 3's in stock at any domestic retailers at all. I was really tempted to get the Das, especially after watching Barnacules' review of it, but I guess i really am a sucker for pretty lights :P

Ordered a CM Storm quickfire TK(lovely form factor for my desk that needs a bit extra mouse movement room for this low sensitivity player. :D )Can't wait to compare these MX blues directly to my friend's Razer greens. :)

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG