Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Ooooo, I might have to check the Cherry greens out! Sounds right up my alley!

The razer "gamer" keys were too easy to bottom and didnt feel quite right.

I know my Clears are 55g to register a key press, and 60 or 65g to bottom out. Pretty sure it's the same or REALLY close for the Greens. Is it a bad thing I can bottom this out like nothing? I remember the really thin scissor switched keyboard I used before a mechanical keyboard, I cracked like every single key on it due to beating the shit out of it. It was also $5 so what did I really expect?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Does anyone know a site that sells size 6.5 PBT spacebars, preferably in black? I was going to replace my Corsair keyboard keycaps when I found out they have a custom bottom row for some reason.

Does anyone know a site that sells size 6.5 PBT spacebars, preferably in black? I was going to replace my Corsair keyboard keycaps when I found out they have a custom bottom row for some reason.

There's a very good reason why many PBT key sets comes with a spacebar in ABS. Take a look at this, it's common for the bigger PBT keys do act like this.

l3Rmbcj.jpg

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

There's a very good reason why many PBT key sets comes with a spacebar in ABS. Take a look at this, it's common for the bigger PBT keys do act like this.

Huh never knew it could warp so much. I'll avoid pbt spacebars then, thanks for the tip.

l3Rmbcj.jpg

this was with early sets. I havent bought a new set within the last 2 years that had that issue though. Ive been mostly getting vortex for PBT though.

Huh never knew it could warp so much. I'll avoid pbt spacebars then, thanks for the tip.

It is due to shrinkage during cooling and is one reason it took forever to get DS PBT.

this was with early sets. I havent bought a new set within the last 2 years that had that issue though. Ive been mostly getting vortex for PBT though.

Massdrop had a recent run in granite sets and there was a fair amount of talk on reddit about broken keys and bent space bars.

That being said, it could have been a bad batch, but it sounded like a lot of people with different sets and from different batches had experienced the same thing.

Massdrop had a recent run in granite sets and there was a fair amount of talk on reddit about broken keys and bent space bars.

That being said, it could have been a bad batch, but it sounded like a lot of people with different sets and from different batches had experienced the same thing.

I believe that was Signature Plastics 2nd attempt at making a full DSA dye-sub set.  I got a set from their 1st attempt and my spacebars, and longer caps are straight.

Also I think with the Mass Drop sets SP had a lot more caps to make, and they got them done relatively fast. So they were probably rushing a little more then they should have.

Those should have been done by SP though.

Those should have been done by SP though.

Yes they were.  Matt3o came up with the original idea for the 1st round.  Then because the set got so much interest people started putting it up/voting for it on MD.

Yes they were. Matt3o came up with the original idea for the 1st round. Then because the set got so much interest people started putting it up/voting for it on MD.

Yea I meant like that SP's bad not cause of PBT. If PBT is done right that doesn't happen.

Does anyone know what's the best way to clean a trigger-z? that rubber-like plastic is awesome but it's so annoying to clean, I have the same problem with the case :\

I believe that was Signature Plastics 2nd attempt at making a full DSA dye-sub set.  I got a set from their 1st attempt and my spacebars, and longer caps are straight.

Also I think with the Mass Drop sets SP had a lot more caps to make, and they got them done relatively fast. So they were probably rushing a little more then they should have.

Well I didn't say every bigger PBT key cap will bent, but there's definitely an increased chance of it especially, as you mention, if a production is rushed.

I bought set of DSA Dolch from SP a couple of months a ago and unfortunately one of the spacebars is a bit bent as well.

To be honest I haven't tried to reach out to them for replacement keys. Maybe I should try it but I'm sure I'd get anything out of it.  :(

Got a CM Storm Trigger Z with Brow switches here. Works like a charm and I love it :P

Took some getting use to it but all turned out great.

Did anyone get, or is anyone getting, the Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition :wub: ? It's an interesting board like this that sucks me right back to the keyboard fold.... :wacko:

16ifibm.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Did anyone get, or is anyone getting, the Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition :wub: ? It's an interesting board like this that sucks me right back to the keyboard fold.... :wacko:

Wait, Greens for your 'main' keys and then Blues for the bottom row??? Wouldn't you want heavier keys for spacebar/control/alt/caps?

Still looks a cool concept

I posted about this on Reddit a couple of days ago and completely forgot to post it here.

I'm not planning to get one. I like the concept, especially the idea of having one kind of switch for your WASD cluster and another switch for your modifiers. However, as andyysplash mentions, it seems weird they've used a heavier switch for the WASD cluster than for the modifiers. If you read from their facebook page it sounds like they want the rarer switches to occupy most of the switches to make the keyboard more rare and special.

If they switched the greens with the blues and sorted out the rest of the switches, don't think I'd appreciate a mix of 7 different switches on that small amount of keys, it would be hard to justify not to get one  :D

Did anyone get, or is anyone getting, the Ducky Shine 4 69 Fire Edition :wub: ? It's an interesting board like this that sucks me right back to the keyboard fold.... :wacko:

The six different dual LED's are making it a buy for me. It will look wicked!

The Ducky 69 edition keyboard Fire version will equipped 9 difference Cherry MX switches. In addition, Ducky will show up the new colour of daul LEDs on Facebook tomorrow. Don't missing out if you want to see it!

16ifibm.jpg

WHERE CAN I BUY :D D: or the old one of these hybrid ones D:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

WHERE CAN I BUY :D D: or the old one of these hybrid ones D:

This one isn't out for sale yet, it will be though. So wait a while. I'll shoot off a message to where I like to get my Ducky keyboards and pre-order one so that I can get one as early as possible :D

That would be the 78 edition, which is completely sold out. You will have to search fora and eBay and remember to bring a big bag of luck  ;)

ahhh I see :)

PROFILEYEAH

I got my ducky mini in with mx reds. Enjoying reds much more than I thought I would, they feel so nice and smooth. Color of the grey ducky isn't really what was advertised on pictures though. It is much more silver than grey. The lighting is very nice with nice bright red going very well with the silver frame. I don't really use the blue leds much. The cherry stabilizers are not feeling good though. The enter and backspace feel quite bad and I know understand the word mushy. Didn't think it was going this bad. I can live with it because I game more than I type. Should I try and ask for another ducky mini board with maybe better cherry stabilizers? The shift keys feel fine and they are cherry stabilized too I think...

I've been using an original 1985 Model M since I became strong enough to press the keys on it.

Still lovin' it, but I want a Windows key.

Sig under construction.

That would be the 78 edition, which is completely sold out. You will have to search fora and eBay and remember to bring a big bag of luck  ;)

That's why I'm getting the 69 Fire Edition, I have the 78Version and love it...I'm into collecting limited edition Ducky keyboards.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

That's why I'm getting the 69 Fire Edition, I have the 78Version and love it...I'm into collecting limited edition Ducky keyboards.

I'm so jelly of your 68 edition D:

PROFILEYEAH