Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Any Pros/Cons , feedbacks to Corsair's K70. Will get one on Wednesday January 7 , 2015. I already got a reservation but still not sure if I would get Blues or browns.

I play League of Legends some online games line Dragon Nest and some FPS games and also NBA.

I also type sometimes because I'm an I.T. student so we do some coding stuffs Lol.

I'm aware of the actuation force and all those stuffs about blues and browns. I really don't care about the sound but I'm a little worried of the so called " it's hard to double tap on cherry blues / double tapping on blues is not as easy as double tapping on browns or reds.

Please help me decide by giving your opinion :) thanks

my mechs:

JVXWjkr.jpg

May your framertes be high and your remperatures low.

Any Pros/Cons , feedbacks to Corsair's K70. Will get one on Wednesday January 7 , 2015. I already got a reservation but still not sure if I would get Blues or browns.

I play League of Legends some online games line Dragon Nest and some FPS games and also NBA.

I also type sometimes because I'm an I.T. student so we do some coding stuffs Lol.

I'm aware of the actuation force and all those stuffs about blues and browns. I really don't care about the sound but I'm a little worried of the so called " it's hard to double tap on cherry blues / double tapping on blues is not as easy as double tapping on browns or reds.

Please help me decide by giving your opinion :) thanks

It's really not that hard to double tap on cherry blues, well... That's based on my experience anyway.

If you're worried about annoying other people when you use the keyboard then go for browns. If not, blues would be the way to go.

why aren't blue switches good for gaming? I just got a mechanical keyboard with blue switches and the tactile feedback is great.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

why aren't blue switches good for gaming? I just got a mechanical keyboard with blue switches and the tactile feedback is great.

They are, they're just perceived not to be as good as their softer alternatives. 

Unlike Browns, Reds and Browns. Blues cant just be held half way down and clicked over and over, they have to be released at least until they are passed the tactile click of the switch, making button spamming a little slower, though more people prefer this as they can feel when they have definitely hit a key. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Oh nice dell, is that black or white alps?

White. Haven't taken one apart to see exactly which type yet.

May your framertes be high and your remperatures low.

Finally joined the club with my K95 RGB Reds.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Played with some new keycaps on my QuickFire TK B)

Made a cool video about it too

I'll be the one to say it. Sexy voice. ;)

And keyboard. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm not a fan of low-profile cases with exposes switches, but I do love the sky blue LZ-86/87, and the LZ-CE.

I not a fan either. I also need to actually build my LZGH at some point...

Finally joined the club with my K95 RGB Reds.

How are you finding the Reds? They were always far too soft for me. 

I've not had enough experience on browns, but I can mention reds (and blacks). When trying them on both the K60 and my friend's K95 I found them to be satisfyingly smooth, but just a little too light at actuation. I'm a little heavyhanded from years of bad membrane keyboards but even still they went down almost without warning. Blacks were a lot better but I could feel the weight.

If you feel you might make too many unwanted keypresses then go for browns. Neither switch is bad for gaming so you wouldn't be losing out there.

I like you man I like you a lot.

How are you finding the Reds? They were always far too soft for me. 

Yeah, my first choice were the blues but Corsair discontinued them. My next options were the brown but they're never in stock. I found the reds while bumming around my local Frys and seeing a bunch on sale so I picked one up. I can't rest my hands on my keys as much any more because I end up pushing buttons but other than that they're pretty neat. Plus they're quieter than blues and browns and my mic arm is directly over my keyboard so that's a plus.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

What color case did you choose?

Black. I was plaing on going with a GH theme so orange LEDs everywhere.

Nice. Wish I could find one of the SkyBlue ones.

Don't think the LZGH came in that color but other LZ's do.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a K70 but I am on the fence about what key switch I want. I am split between reds or browns.

Are the reds bad for typing? How much better or worse are reds for typing than browns?

after a week of my k65 with reds i can say i love it. i was worried about reds at first, and the first time you use them its gonna feel weird(i too came from a bad membrane keyboard) but after a few hours you get used to them. if i put it this way, you wont be unhappy with reds. and if you wanna have an "actuation point" you can buy 1.6mm to 2mm o-rings so you bottom out at actuation

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a K70 but I am on the fence about what key switch I want. I am split between reds or browns.

Are the reds bad for typing? How much better or worse are reds for typing than browns?

after a week of my k65 with reds i can say i love it. i was worried about reds at first, and the first time you use them its gonna feel weird(i too came from a bad membrane keyboard) but after a few hours you get used to them. if i put it this way, you wont be unhappy with reds. and if you wanna have an "actuation point" you can buy 1.6mm to 2mm o-rings so you bottom out at actuation

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

Oh true. I just meant a SkyBlue LZ.  

If I could get my hands on a LZ-GH I would want a grey one :)

Im going orange LEDs with black translucent caps. I have clear orings and clear cherry MX tops lined up as well. They will be clear switches with the OG 62g Korean springs. I also might do the trampoline mod using dome silicone balls I have.

Im going orange LEDs with black translucent caps. I have clear orings and clear cherry MX tops lined up as well. They will be clear switches with the OG 62g Korean springs. I also might do the trampoline mod using dome silicone balls I have.

Nice.  Yeah I saw some of those silicone balls on Imsto's website a while ago.  How would you compare them to o-rings feeling wise?

Nah, unfortunately they're ABS keycaps.

ok thanks. i am going to buy the majestouch 2 TKL, and then buy the ducky gold sideprinted PBT keycaps.

Unless i find some better PBT sideprinted.