Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Dat software doe...

Is it as unwieldy as I have heard?

It's pretty unintuitive, but only takes like 30 minutes to learn the basics. If you really want to get into the details then it'll take you a while.

http://www.mechkb.com/vortex-double-shot-pbt-104-key-cap-set

If I lived in Australia I would have bought them a couple of weeks ago (but dat shipping and customs tho)

yeh i purchased my Deck keyboard from them the link you provided have every key colour but black

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

Been around on GH for a while. Never really posted here. Figured this might be a good start to get me posting some more. 

Anyway, Ducky shine 3 browns with zeal braided cable. Also got a F2 blue click clack and a brobot V1

IMG_20140802_163203.jpg

Been around on GH for a while. Never really posted here. Figured this might be a good start to get me posting some more. 

Anyway, Ducky shine 3 browns with zeal braided cable. Also got a F2 blue click clack and a brobot V1

It's LTT, not GH

wrong room mate :D

nevertheless nice clack and bot

Now that I've had my Ducky YotH for a while, I feel that I can sum up my thoughts of it. Going to compare to to my 2013 Mini here, so that you guys know.

In pure build quality, there is no question about who is the better one. YotH hands down wins that. However, I feel that in usability that the 2013 is just a tad better.

YotH might have more stuff that you can do with it, along with the 'bling'-factor. But since they changed how you access the arrow keys, among a few other things, it really became less usable compared to the 2013 model.

But maybe that's me nitpicking.

YotH might have more stuff that you can do with it, along with the 'bling'-factor. But since they changed how you access the arrow keys, among a few other things, it really became less usable compared to the 2013 model.

I've only just begun to use my YoTH, after I've had it for some time now. I'm not joking, within the first 5min of usage, this was exactly my thought as well. The arrow keys are not easy to access at least not quickly. The way the 2013 Ducky mini's function keys are placed seems more convenient at least for easy and quickly navigation and gaming.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

I've only just begun to use my YoTH, after I've had it for some time now. I'm not joking, within the first 5min of usage, this was exactly my thought as well. The arrow keys are not easy to access at least not quickly. The way the 2013 Ducky mini's function keys are placed seems more convenient at least for easy and quickly navigation and gaming.

Is the 2013 Ducky Mini the one that was like a re-make of the Poker?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Is the 2013 Ducky Mini the one that was like a re-make of the Poker?

Pretty much, yeah. Only made in Nordic layout if I remember right.

duckymini.jpg

I own the Corsair K95 with MX Reds, Razer blackwidow with MX Blues, and just purchased a new WASDkeyboard V2 with all blank keycaps in MX Blues as well.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Just bought a new mechanical keyboard yesterday, CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate with brown switches, I am very impressed with the build quality of this keyboard, feels extremely solid, loving my purchase! 

Here are some sexy photo's 

Ky29jj9.jpg

BuyoGeX.jpg

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Does this count? 

post-143148-0-98608100-1420097779.png 

:P        *The hype is real!* Should get here by the 5th or 6th!

EDIT: Thought I Would mention, this is my first mechanical keyboard. Well, I have tried a corsair k70, hated the mx red switches, so, thought I would give this a try. (I returned the k70)

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I'm not a fan of low-profile cases with exposes switches, but I do love the sky blue LZ-86/87, and the LZ-CE.

LZ-CE is a beauty! So hard to come by lz cases even in korean forums. 

still waiting new stuff from him though. 

I don't care about the people who hate on Razer, but I am loving my Blackwidow Chroma and the raised actuation point actually helped my typing speed and increased it by a bit from my previous MX Blue keyboard. Definitely going to keep this as my daily driver for quite some time (cough cough, the month where my 2 year warranty will expire or earlier).

Love my Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red!

(I made the colorprofile)
http://instagram.com/p/xUtJBBQpX7/?modal=true

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

CM Storm QuickFire Stealth, w/ Cherry-MX Brown switches. 

Brown, FTW...

CM Storm QuickFire Stealth, w/ Cherry-MX Brown switches. 

Brown, FTW...

Quickfire Rapid Limited Edition with Greens :)

Greens are heavy, tactile and LOUD. Love em.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I peronaly love my quickfire rapid, by cooler master.  Its a cheap keyboard, about $90 when I bought it, and its part of a great cm-torm family of  keyboards.  I use mx browns, bc i work in a office with other people an im not an ass, so is stay away from the more noisy blues.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a K70 but I am on the fence about what key switch I want.  I am split between reds or browns.

Are the reds bad for typing?  How much better or worse are reds for typing than browns?

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a K70 but I am on the fence about what key switch I want.  I am split between reds or browns.

Are the reds bad for typing?  How much better or worse are reds for typing than browns?

I personally don't like reds, I think they have to little key press weight (Weight until key activation) for typing, I prefer browns.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I've not had enough experience on browns, but I can mention reds (and blacks). When trying them on both the K60 and my friend's K95 I found them to be satisfyingly smooth, but just a little too light at actuation. I'm a little heavyhanded from years of bad membrane keyboards but even still they went down almost without warning. Blacks were a lot better but I could feel the weight.

If you feel you might make too many unwanted keypresses then go for browns. Neither switch is bad for gaming so you wouldn't be losing out there.