Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave :)

Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Let me know how quiet or clicky it is...please?! I like when stuff is made in the USA...rare now days!

I shall let you know when I get it. :P

Hopefully tomorrow, if not, then Wednesday. Though I did ask for next day delivery and it's to be posted today. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I shall let you know when I get it. :P

Hopefully tomorrow, if not, then Wednesday. Though I did ask for next day delivery and it's to be posted today. :D

Thank you kind sir!

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Officially joining the Mech KB Club!

Mine's a portal-themed Vortex Race 2 75% keyboard with Cherry MX Browns and white backlighting:

Number Keys, Tab, Caps Lock, Shift and Win key are portal-themed.

10407518_10152535854028177_8418322833744

Arrow keys, Enter, Right Shift and End

13649_10152535819163177_1361952559999638

Full view

10600393_10152535849003177_9089793886226

With Backlighting:

10676282_10152535861603177_7391448979980

The keycaps were custom printed from wasdkeyboards.com. Since the layout of the Race 2 is non-standard, I had to sacrifice the modifier keys (Ctrl, Win, Alt) to have the arrow keys + the right shift and end printed. To compensate for that, I replaced them with some MKC metal modifiers from banggood.com.

You'll see that I also have a set of metal WASD keycaps made from MKC, also from banggood.com.

Well, it arrived. After getting an email last night at about half 7PM from Amazon telling me that it had been dispatched. I honestly didn't think it would arrive today. 

4XChhEH.jpg

bbyC6LO.jpg

First impressions of it are amazing. It feels so well built, even surpassing that of my Ducky Shine 3. Which is something I actually expected. The traditional flex test left me shocked at how sturdy the thing was. But it's the switches. I was expecting the Browns, after only using them on the key tester I have to be soft and rather mushy for a mechanical switch. However, from what I can feel, they are very close to the Blues, just with no click. The bottoming out sound is a little softer too. I don't know whether this is because of the keyboard's construction or it is because of the switches themselves, but it's not as loud of a clack when the key bottoms out like my Ducky. I'm very happy with it, though I am going to have to get used to having a full size keyboard again, sometimes when I go back to the home row, I end up two keys to the right, but that's the only issue I have. :D

I should have cleaned the stand for my monitor before taking that picture.  :ph34r: 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm getting a Zalman ZM-K500 mechanical keyboard, which uses pseudo Cherry MX switches, since Cherry's patent has expired. What kind of Cherry MX switch are these comparable to, red, blue, brown or black?

Well, it arrived. After getting an email last night at about half 7PM from Amazon telling me that it had been dispatched. I honestly didn't think it would arrive today. 

First impressions of it are amazing. It feels so well built, even surpassing that of my Ducky Shine 3. Which is something I actually expected. The traditional flex test left me shocked at how sturdy the thing was. But it's the switches. I was expecting the Browns, after only using them on the key tester I have to be soft and rather mushy for a mechanical switch. However, from what I can feel, they are very close to the Blues, just with no click. The bottoming out sound is a little softer too. I don't know whether this is because of the keyboard's construction or it is because of the switches themselves, but it's not as loud of a clack when the key bottoms out like my Ducky. I'm very happy with it, though I am going to have to get used to having a full size keyboard again, sometimes when I go back to the home row, I end up two keys to the right, but that's the only issue I have. :D

I should have cleaned the stand for my monitor before taking that picture.  :ph34r: 

I'm not a big fan of MX-Browns, but to me browns feel better with Costar stabilizers vs Cherry.  

@neiru37 nice portal keyset man!

Yep, agreed 100%! ;)  Maybe I should check the shop I usually go to for such key caps, they look simply awesome! :wub:

Rig 1: AMD AM4 R9 3900X (12C/24T) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 4x 8GB XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4 3200 | PowerColor RX VEGA 64 Red Devil | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD + 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Leopold FC660C + Logitech G703 | OPPO HA-1 + Philips Fidelio HTL9100 | Acer XR341CK 21:9 Freesync | 64bit Win10 Pro

Rig 2: Intel i7 3960X (6C/12T) | Asus R4E | 16GB Corsair Dom Plat 2133mhz | Leaadtek GTX1080 Hurricane | iFi Micro iDSD BL + Samsung HW-K651 | Caselabs M8 | Corsair HX-1050 | Leopold FC660C + Logitech G502 | Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 | 64bit Win10 Pro

HTPC Rig: Intel i7 4770K (4C/8T) | MSI Z87 G45 Gaming | 16GB RipJawsZ 1600mhz | Gigabyte RX EVGA64 Gaming OC | Tt View 31 | Enermax 1500 MAX Revo | Logitech G613 + G603 | Panasonic 65" UHD TV | 64bit Win10 Pro

Yep, agreed 100%! ;)  Maybe I should check the shop I usually go to for such key caps, they look simply awesome! :wub:

I can share the SVG file I sent to wasdkeyboards.com so that other people can have their own set printed. For $47 for a tenkeyless and $50 for a full set, they seem to be a pretty fair deal, considering that you have full control over what is printed on the keycaps.

I'm not a big fan of MX-Browns, but to me browns feel better with Costar stabilizers vs Cherry.  

So far, I am finding them to be better. Though, that maybe because I game more than I type and they are easier to press. So far, the most I have noticed between the Costar Stabilisers and the Cherry is that the space bar seems to pop back a lot faster than it did before. 

I can share the SVG file I sent to wasdkeyboards.com so that other people can have their own set printed. For $47 for a tenkeyless and $50 for a full set, they seem to be a pretty fair deal, considering that you have full control over what is printed on the keycaps.

I've do everything quite a few full custom sets through wasd.

I can't wait for my Ducky Mini YotH to arrive.

I picked mine up today.

I can't even describe it and I really don't want to spoil it for you. It's one of those things you just have to experience to understand it!

Main Rig: Specs found in my profile details. Albums of changes made to it, First SSD and Installation of NH-D14.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotHDucky Shine 3 Tuhaojin - Ducky Mini - SteelSeries 6gv2

I picked mine up today.

I can't even describe it and I really don't want to spoil it for you. It's one of those things you just have to experience to understand it!

No pictures? :(

No pictures? :(

Don't worry, pictures will comes.

It just happen to get dark very early in Denmark at the moment and I've just moved into my new apartment and I only got two small lamps to light up the apartment. Meaning the light isn't good enough for good pictures. I'll try take some pictures this weekend when I've finished a coupe of assignments and I got some time.  :)

Another thing, I can't believe I got #1991, one year apart from my year of birth. That would have been kind of sweet  :D

Main Rig: Specs found in my profile details. Albums of changes made to it, First SSD and Installation of NH-D14.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotHDucky Shine 3 Tuhaojin - Ducky Mini - SteelSeries 6gv2

It just happen to get dark very early in Denmark at the moment and I've just moved into my new apartment and I only got two small lamps to light up the apartment. Meaning the light isn't good enough for good pictures. I'll try take some pictures this weekend when I've finished a coupe of assignments and I got some time.  :)

Another thing, I can't believe I got #1991, one year apart from my year of birth. That would have been kind of sweet  :D

Looking forward to it. :D 

Good luck with the assignments. :D 

I picked mine up today.

My tracking just tells me "The item is on its way to the destination country." :(

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow, The Swedish postal service is normally ACE.

My tracking just tells me "The item is on its way to the destination country." :(

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow, The Swedish postal service is normally ACE.

Well, isn't everything in Sweden pretty ace? ;)

NZXT Phantom, White / Core i7 950 OCed to 3.60GHz / Asetek 240mm CPU cooler / 1TB WD Black HDD / ASUS Geforce 660Ti DCUII / Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Mobo / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1800Mhz / Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17 KDE

Mid 2012 "New" Samsung Series 9, NP900X3C-AO1US / Win7 / Linux Mint 17 KDE

It just happen to get dark very early in Denmark at the moment and I've just moved into my new apartment and I only got two small lamps to light up the apartment. Meaning the light isn't good enough for good pictures. I'll try take some pictures this weekend when I've finished a coupe of assignments and I got some time. :)

Another thing, I can't believe I got #1991, one year apart from my year of birth. That would have been kind of sweet :D

Woot gratz on your YotH xD 1991 seems like a sweet number XP I'm looking forward to your pics!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

i just wish wasd did DSA keycaps then i could maybe get the keyscaps i need

DSA is a SP specific standard replicating older style keycaps so don't expect that to happen.

i just wish wasd did DSA keycaps then i could maybe get the keyscaps i need

+1 For this. I'd like a low profile custom keyset from them, as low as the leopold ones.

DSA is a SP specific standard replicating older style keycaps so don't expect that to happen.

SP should definitely have a custom printing service like wasd.