Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

When I was at BestBuy today I saw this and had to pick it up to test out the new Romer-G switches by Omron exclusively for Logitech. Ill get some more pics later as I have work at 07:00 tomorrow.

LogitechG910Available.jpg

The spot where my keyboard sits is rarely empty so my cat decided to take advantage of this while I was opening and setting up the G910.

HamletKeyboardSwapSpot.jpg

pan1005_lrg.jpgg

Got one of these babies with my iMac G4. Still the best keyboard I've ever typed on. Apple could make a damn good keyboard back then. Great sound, feedback, clickiness, all at 12 years old :D

When I was at BestBuy today I saw this and had to pick it up to test out the new Romer-G switches by Omron exclusively for Logitech. Ill get some more pics later as I have work at 07:00 tomorrow.

*snip, snip*

Very, very nice!  :wub:  Looking forward to your impression, especially of the Romer-G switch..... ;)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Very, very nice!  :wub:  Looking forward to your impression, especially of the Romer-G switch..... ;)

I'm still looking for @TheProfosist's impressions on a lot of products that came before this one did lol

I'm still looking for @TheProfosist's impressions on a lot of products that came before this one did lol

... <.<

Hello Guys!

I would really appreciate if anyone could reply with some sort of comparison between the Rosewill RGB80 and the CM Storm Rapid-I.

I kind of know the basic differences so my question is intended to someone that had them, specifically I would like to know:

1) Does the Space BAR in the RGB80 has the stabilizers like the CM?

2) When set on a desk would you tell that the key caps face at you in sort of a same fashion or is the RGB80 less curved / more flat or linear? 

3) Which keys seems to wiggle more (that seems loose)?

I have seen trillions of videos, tech specs, pictures... and knowing the underlying technical differences, my final buying decision seems to be hanging on the above questions :-) 

I don't care much about the KeyCaps differences either, because I would be replacing them by a Black Front Printed that I already have, would end up like the Filco Ninja or the CM Stealth without the extra $$$

Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to reply...

Also fell free to say "Dude just get a CODE or a Ducky Zero and I'll get it, lol

Cheers,

the newbie

Hello Guys!

I would really appreciate if anyone could reply with some sort of comparison between the Rosewill RGB80 and the CM Storm Rapid-I.

I kind of know the basic differences so my question is intended to someone that had them, specifically I would like to know:

1) Does the Space BAR in the RGB80 has the stabilizers like the CM?

2) When set on a desk would you tell that the key caps face at you in sort of a same fashion or is the RGB80 less curved / more flat or linear? 

3) Which keys seems to wiggle more (that seems loose)?

I have seen trillions of videos, tech specs, pictures... and knowing the underlying technical differences, my final buying decision seems to be hanging on the above questions :-) 

I don't care much about the KeyCaps differences either, because I would be replacing them by a Black Front Printed that I already have, would end up like the Filco Ninja or the CM Stealth without the extra $$$

Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to reply...

Also fell free to say "Dude just get a CODE or a Ducky Zero and I'll get it, lol

Cheers,

the newbie

1. CM Storm QuickFire keyboards normally use Costar stabilizers, and I'm guessing the Rosewill RGB80 uses Cherry stabilizers since it greatly resembles an iOne manufactured keyboard (http://www.ione.com.tw/2011/products/3_gaming/0_big_photo/M10TFL.html) and iOne mostly uses Cherry stabilizers

2. The keycaps on a QuickFire keyboard pretty much faces the same as all other mechanical keyboards. If you don't like the angle there is angle incline you can use at the back.

3. No idea. I just know QuickFire series keyboards are good bang for the buck keyboards.

Dude just get a Ducky Zero if you can afford one. If you have more budget go for Ducky 9008 or Ducky Shine.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

pan1005_lrg.jpgg

Got one of these babies with my iMac G4. Still the best keyboard I've ever typed on. Apple could make a damn good keyboard back then. Great sound, feedback, clickiness, all at 12 years old :D

Hey does that keyboard use mechanical switches of some sort?is it the same as this one?http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/peripherals/keyboards/corded/auction-808723171.htm

So the Ducky YoTH was shipped from Taiwan this Friday and should arrive at my reseller on Wednesday.

Apparently there's been a mix-up regarding what kind of switches they'll get. At first they thought they would get a couple of keyboards with Clears but as it turns out it's not Clears but Whites.

Fingers crossed, I might get one of them  :D

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

So the Ducky YoTH was shipped from Taiwan this Friday and should arrive at my reseller on Wednesday.

Apparently there's been a mix-up regarding what kind of switches they'll get. At first they thought they would get a couple of keyboards with Clears but as it turns out it's not Clears but Whites.

Fingers crossed, I might get one of them  :D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm praying you get one dude! :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Fingers crossed, I might get one of them :D

I wanted to get one with Clear's as well. Got the same reply as you got, that they were whites and not Clear's :c

I'll have mine in brown's if clear isn't available.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm praying you get one dude! :D

So am I, I will get the final answer on Wednesday.

I wanted to get one with Clear's as well. Got the same reply as you got, that they were whites and not Clear's :c

Have you pre-ordered from Teraset as well?

If that's the case and you don't want the keyboard with whites, that might result in that I'll get it  :D

Have you pre-ordered from Teraset as well?

If that's the case and you don't want the keyboard with whites, that might result in that'll I'll get it :D

I have already been in contact with 'em. Just trying to decide if I should get a set of keycaps as well. Can't decide between which. Blue/Grey or Green/White.

I believe ducky calls clears whites and whites milk lol

I have already been in contact with 'em. Just trying to decide if I should get a set of keycaps as well. Can't decide between which. Blue/Grey or Green/White.

So you've decided to go with Browns rather than Whites? I would be so happy if that's the case  :D

Personally I like the Green/White keycaps.

I believe ducky calls clears whites and whites milk lol

I think it's a general name change.

So you've decided to go with Browns rather than Whites? I would be so happy if that's the case :D

Personally I like the Green/White keycaps.

I think it's a general name change.

only by Chinese manufacturers cherry has not changed the names and other companies still use the correct names

Hey does that keyboard use mechanical switches of some sort?is it the same as this one?http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/peripherals/keyboards/corded/auction-808723171.htm

No, that's an earlier one. You can tell because it has the power button on the keyboard; that went with the original iMac. I have the newer one, and then a white one that shipped later with the iMac G5/eMac is the last one before the modern aluminum ones.

No, that's an earlier one. You can tell because it has the power button on the keyboard; that went with the original iMac. I have the newer one, and then a white one that shipped later with the iMac G5/eMac is the last one before the modern aluminum ones.

not all of them that had that physical design had mechanical switches. If you want a modern version of that matias offers it.

not all of them that had that physical design had mechanical switches. If you want a modern version of that matias offers it.

I know it doesn't use mechanical switches, but it's still SO fun to type on.

Got my K65 RGB in a few weeks ago, really enjoying Cherry MX Reds.

2MhM98p.png

Full 25Mp Pic if anyone is interested in it. Not the best shot but hey. http://i.imgur.com/zWrgqlM.jpg Imgur compressed the absolute crap out of that pic: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5615/15631290030_2d69a78c31_o.png

CPU: i7 3770k @4.5Ghz 1.26v Cooler: H100i 2 Sp120 Quiets MoBo: MSI Z77 MPOWER Big Bang RAM: 16GB G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz CL9 Graphics Card: Asus Direct CU II R9 290 Storage: Vertex 4 128GB, WD Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Green

Got my K65 RGB in a few weeks ago, really enjoying Cherry MX Reds.

2MhM98p.png

Full 25Mp Pic if anyone is interested in it. Not the best shot but hey. http://i.imgur.com/zWrgqlM.jpg

I click the link and get a file thats only 294KB.....

I must say thats a nice pic though.

@Mitch3k sent me a RAW of the, time to make a nice backgroud. I think my phone needs one. Ive been rocking the same one for quite some time now (see below).

500DollarCherryRedEsc-Original.jpeg

500DollarCherryRedEsc-PhoneWallpaper.png

Painted my Blackwidow 2013 (With MX Blues)

Forgot to post these pictures here, they are a little old. :P

2014-10-12.jpg

DSC_0475.JPG

And if you are thinking about the 2014. PLEASE DO NOT!

I have tried them. The ripoff switches do not feel the same at all!

DSC_0514.JPG

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Painted my Blackwidow 2013 (With MX Blues)

Forgot to post these pictures here, they are a little old. :P

2014-10-12.jpgDSC_0475.JPG

And if you are thinking about the 2014. PLEASE DO NOT!

I have tried them. The ripoff switches do not feel the same at all!

DSC_0514.JPG

Thats the only Blackwidow I would ever own.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Thats the only Blackwidow I would ever own.

The 2013?

I would rather have the 2012.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz