Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My Nuclear Data 7bit build. Still need to figure out what I'm going to do for a case.

Signature Plastics messed up and sent me 2 F6 keys, so I had to improvise.

EZ9dW8K.jpg

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

My Nuclear Data 7bit build. Still need to figure out what I'm going to do for a case.

Signature Plastics messed up and sent me 2 F6 keys, so I had to improvise.

EZ9dW8K.jpg

Interesting, though I still dislike the 7bit layout. Below is my original phantom.

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Please excuse the horrible picture as this was before I got my DSLR or even explored manual mode on my canon point n' shoot.

Interesting, though I still dislike the 7bit layout. Below is my original phantom.

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Please excuse the horrible picture as this was before I got my DSLR or even explored manual mode on my canon point n' shoot.

i like how when i google 7bit layout a post of your over at geekhack is the first thing that comes up

i like how when i google 7bit layout a post of your over at geekhack is the first thing that comes up

@Charger tapatalk was drunk, or maybe I was when operating it, so you might want to fix that post.

Thats likely because i was one of the few people that actually did it besides 7bit himself. No one else saw the value of the the extra keys until I did something with it. I did later rebuild mine to have a standard ANSI 1.25x bottom row though as it made more sense for me.

UpdatedPhantomsBLUE.jpg

UpdatedPhantomsPINK.jpg

Same thing with these pictures. That noise is so bad. *feels a bit ashamed*

Original7bitPhantom.jpg

Nice. I'm pretty sure I came across your keyboard more than once in my research. 

I only ever hit space in one place, so a 1.5u key is all I really need. I'm still experimenting with the extra modifiers, but I'm liking it so far.

If I had swapped the left shift and function key like you had, it'd have driven me crazy.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

All this reds are for gaming blues are for typing is a crock of sh1t. for 99.9% of gamers blues are perfectly fine. Unless your a CoD or Battlefield fanboy and that's ALL you play then yes reds are better. But as for most of us who actually play other games any keyboard will do as long as it functions..

Nice. I'm pretty sure I came across your keyboard more than once in my research. 

I only ever hit space in one place, so a 1.5u key is all I really need. I'm still experimenting with the extra modifiers, but I'm liking it so far.

If I had swapped the left shift and function key like you had, it'd have driven me crazy.

Probably as I was pretty active back then.

I hit the middle with my right pointer finger a whole lot normally so it didnt work for me. Also I really had no need for the other keys.

I got used to it. Also thats the default layout for ISO, which is why I pushed for it.

All this reds are for gaming blues are for typing is a crock of sh1t. for 99.9% of gamers blues are perfectly fine. Unless your a CoD or Battlefield fanboy and that's ALL you play then yes reds are better. But as for most of us who actually play other games any keyboard will do as long as it functions..

personally I think blacks are the best starter/gaming because they actually offer some resistance when pressing and some spring when returning. A lighter switch doesnt make a better switch.

What you're saying is a load of rubbish, just as reds are better for gaming and blues for better for typing.

There's only one who can make this decision and that's the user. Ergo it all comes down to personal preferences.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Upgraded from a logitech G19 to the corsair k70 rgb with mx browns. wow what a difference! takes a bit of getting used to after using membrane keys for years but im noticing how much quicker my key presses are registered. and tbh i spend most of my time playing around with the rgb led's on it! its all about appearance really!

Upgraded from a logitech G19 to the corsair k70 rgb with mx browns. wow what a difference! takes a bit of getting used to after using membrane keys for years but im noticing how much quicker my key presses are registered. and tbh i spend most of my time playing around with the rgb led's on it! its all about appearance really!

Congrats on the switch!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

personally I think blacks are the best starter/gaming because they actually offer some resistance when pressing and some spring when returning. A lighter switch doesnt make a better switch.

Agreed, I think Black is often sadly overlooked. Honestly, if I'd a choice of a keyboard that I want and it comes in black and blue switches, I'd choose the MX Black in a heartbeat.

There's only one who can make this decision and that's the user. Ergo it all comes down to personal preferences.

Agreed! What matters most when it comes to switches is the end user's personal preference. I started out with Red because it was the 'gaming' switch. Later on, I'd moved to Blue and Brown and preferred them over Red. Then I started on stiffer/heavier switches and I've stuck with them, right now, for me, MX White/MX Clear/MX Black/Buckling spring and Topre 55G are the switch types of choice for me.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Just bought my first mechanical keyboard, I went with the K70 vengeance with browns. It should arrive next week.

Very excited!

The Galaxy key set on one of my CM Novatouch....I like it! :wub:

4_zps3d4ae044.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

K95 RGB Browns anyone? Eh?

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

4_zps3d4ae044.jpg

*steals*

Anyone have a mechanical keyboard suggestion for my first build? I need mx brown switches andwant something clean minimal and black. I dont care if its lit and want a number pad. Macro keys are a bonus. I would like a corsair k70 but i can;t find any in brown. Price range is a flexible $150 i guess. I hear great things about ducky, das, and corsair.

4_zps3d4ae044.jpg

That just looks gorgeous.  :wub:

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Anyone have a mechanical keyboard suggestion for my first build? I need mx brown switches andwant something clean minimal and black. I dont care if its lit and want a number pad. Macro keys are a bonus. I would like a corsair k70 but i can;t find any in brown. Price range is a flexible $150 i guess. I hear great things about ducky, das, and corsair.

There's the $130 k70 (non RGB) with mx browns at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYJD5CY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just bought it and I think it should be a great start in mech keyboards. Probably it won't be my last mech keyboard :P

There's the $130 k70 (non RGB) with mx browns at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYJD5CY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I just bought it and I think it should be a great start in mech keyboards. Probably it won't be my last mech keyboard :P

Awesome! I'll buy this probably this weekend unless I can find one with macros. I think corsair has one with like 12 macro keys on the left but I cant find one in mx brown. I do 3d modeling so they are really handy, :)

Awesome! I'll buy this probably this weekend unless I can find one with macros. I think corsair has one with like 12 macro keys on the left but I cant find one in mx brown. I do 3d modeling so they are really handy, :)

Razer Blackwidow Stealth has 5 macro keys on left with Razer brand "orange" switches. These switches are basically rebranded Cherry Browns. They are "silent mechanical switches with tactile bump." I just got the Chroma Stealth which offers full RGB LEDs.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-stealth

Razer Blackwidow Stealth has 5 macro keys on left with Razer brand "orange" switches. These switches are basically rebranded Cherry Browns. They are "silent mechanical switches with tactile bump." I just got the Chroma Stealth which offers full RGB LEDs.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-stealth

Looks like I'm dumb and I was thinking of the K95

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000020-NA/dp/B00CERXJNW/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416017465&sr=1-12&keywords=CORSAIR+K70

If I could find this in browns it would be perfect for me. 

anyone would happen to know how to buy an ISO razer keyboard outside of europe? (spanish is the idea)

OR if i can change the key of an UK layout to spanish?