Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Azio's Levetron Mech5 here :D, It was on sale for 50-ish dollars, so I decided to get it, I'm not using the numpad and I'm rocking the D-pad.

Mx-Blacks.

Filco Master race reporting in.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I do own a Steelseries 6gv2 Cherry MX Black switches

and a WASD Custom designed keyboard with Cherry MX Blues

post-2190-1366786046858_thumb.jpg

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

FILCO MASTER RACE! With MX Browns for the daily driver :)

1ONEW.jpg

Although I also have a Noppoo Choc Mini w/ MX Blues

XoVxl.jpg

Going to get some blank black PBT keycaps for the Filco though, the pad printing seem to be wearing off faster than I thought

Sadly I haven't tried anything but Cherry Reds but mechanical keyboards have really changed my experience with keyboards.

Loving these wooden wrist rests. Where can I pick one up? Or do I have to make one myself :P

Loving these wooden wrist rests. Where can I pick one up? Or do I have to make one myself :P
I got mine from a guy on Geekhack, The_Beast if I remember correctly

There is a thread in the marketplace, but I think he's stopped making them for a while

Mine ran me ~$100

I have a Azio Levetron Mech 5 with black switches. Linus' unboxing of this keyboard made me want to buy it and i got it. I love how modular it is and how you can make it portable or have as much macro keys you want. Overall, it is an awesome keyboard.

I currently have a Leopold cherry brown mech. Thinking about moving to a blue switch keyboard in the near future though. Gotta get me some of those clickity-clacks.

La`~

A few days ago I found my dad's first keyboard at my parents' home, an old and lurid Chicony kb-5192, covered in 20 years old dirt.

With no Windows keys to deactivate lol

Happiest guy on Earth. biggrin.png

Per aspera sic itur ad astra.

A few days ago I found my dad's first keyboard at my parents' home, an old and lurid Chicony kb-5192, covered in 20 years old dirt.

With no Windows keys to deactivate lol

Happiest guy on Earth. biggrin.png

if possible, please post a pic...

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

for those of you, who weren't around in '89 - '90 - there was no USB not even PS/2 ; only DIN. Plugged into adapters, the cherry keys still doin the job ^^.

UNITEK K-157

unitek.jpg

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

In fact I'll need one of those DIN-PS2 adapters as soon as possible.

Here she is by the way!

Sorry for the poor image quality, that's the best I can achieve right now.

post-3205-13667860614178_thumb.jpg

Here she is by the way!

nice mate ^^ ! I withstand for years now, not to paint or change the keyboard...most of the stuff changed over to ( total ) black; this grey / beige is standing out radically...

Here she is by the way!

Thanks! :D

Sadly mine is helplessly stained, I need to find a way to clean it, since I really like those old and nostalgic colours and don't want to paint it :c

I have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (not 2013, the blue version), which I'm quite certain usees Cherry MX Blue. I love it for gaming and typing, I've used other Blue switch keyboards and I've never understood why some people don't like them for gaming... anyway, great keyboard, highly recommend. I would've preferred the matte finish of the 2013 edition, but my whole setup was blue so I couldn't have a green keyboard.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.2 | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: EVGA GTX 780ti ACX SC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Monitor: Asus PB278Q | Sound: ATH-M50X | Mic: Blue Snowball

i love my mechanical keyboard. much better feel to it than membrane keyboards. I actually converted a few people from membrane to mechanical after they typed on mine. Currently using a Maxkeyboard Nighthawk X-9. it may not be as mainstream as Razer, Ducky, etc, but it works just fine for me. Has Cherry mx reds with individually lit back-lit keys(Red LED's)

I'm still rocking my Razer Blackwidow!

I might end up getting a non mechanical keyboard. I mostly play late at night and I don't like waking up the other people who live with me :P

Does anyone have experience with non-mainstream kind of switches, like alps? Are they any good? I might get one just to try it out.

At the moment im using a Razer Blackwiddow 2013 Expert with blue switches. Im looking for custom, clean keycaps on Ebay, to make it look like the Das Ultimate S and remove the printing on the caps.

Does anyone have experience with non-mainstream kind of switches, like alps? Are they any good? I might get one just to try it out.

At the moment im using a Razer Blackwiddow 2013 Expert with blue switches. Im looking for custom, clean keycaps on Ebay, to make it look like the Das Ultimate S and remove the printing on the caps.

Don't really have experience with different switches, but I really want to try Topre switches, see what all the hype is about

For keycaps I would check out the Geekhack and Deskthority forum marketplaces, there is lots of selection there

Vendios eStore (http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/) also sells blank caps, and fantastic PBT

I own a Q-Pad mk -80 With Blues and honestly I love them for gaming. It's all down to personal preference but in games like LoL I can half press the key down to the actuation point and then trip the switch to slightly reduce the key-press time. It also lets you have a greater feel of when you are actually registering a keystroke. Overall I think Q-Pad are a very underrated brand in the keyboard world.