Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Welp, now a member...K68 RGB set to all white lighting, will take some getting used to over my old board but heck, it works! Where's my membership card!

Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard.jpg

I'll contribute mine. It's an E-Element Z-88 70% keyboard sporting Outemu Blue switches. I've given it some pink and purple keycaps to switch (no pun intended) it up from the stock white keycaps that it came with. The odd unit right shift made it difficult for me to make the right side of the keyboard cohesive with the purple so I integrated the stock white keycaps into the whole color scheme, which I think turned out alright.

Being Outemu Blue, they're super clickly and bumpy, just how I like it. :)

IMG_0679.thumb.JPG.bb375cc96f67ef9b6fe32383e13382e2.JPG

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

And another F122... the deal was just too good to pass up.

IMG_20190604_182430.thumb.jpg.c38cd481ebe23de4fe139f33bde0fdca.jpg

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

On 6/3/2019 at 10:08 AM, nbrowser said:

Welp, now a member...K68 RBG set to all white lighting, will take some getting used to over my old board but heck, it works! Where's my membership card!

Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard.jpg

I got me a K68 today with Cherry MX Reds. Very nice feeling board and it's great to type on!
Did yours come with the white LEDs or is that custom? Mine is only red.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 2700 | T-Force 32GB 3000mhZ | Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 Case | Corsair H100x AIO | Corsair CX750M PSU | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC

Storage Server: Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Mini PC | i3 4130T 2.90Ghz | 4GB SoDIMM | 500GB WD Blue Internal | 6TB Seagate External | 1TB Seagate External | OS: Openmediavault

Being kind costs nothing. Make the world a better place!

1 hour ago, AlexanderAckroyd said:

I got me a K68 today with Cherry MX Reds. Very nice feeling board and it's great to type on!
Did yours come with the white LEDs or is that custom? Mine is only red.

You can set the RGB version to white. 

:)

On 6/5/2019 at 2:15 AM, Masada02 said:

And another F122...

Damn! Where do you find those in that condition?

Write in C.

20 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Damn! Where do you find those in that condition?

To be fair, I cleaned and restored both so they weren't that nice looking when I originally got them. Generally speaking, unless things are physically broken, these clean up really well.

This is how dirty the barrel plate was originally...

IMG_20190603_165354.thumb.jpg.9cbbe76819c9bd12ca24bcdeceaf5c4d.jpg

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

You can set the RGB version to white. 

Exactly, they make two versions of the K68, one with red only LEDs and the RGB version which I have, I can do pretty much any colour under the sun.

18 hours ago, seon123 said:

ou can set the RGB version to white. 

Ah right! Lucky I like red!! haha

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 2700 | T-Force 32GB 3000mhZ | Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 Case | Corsair H100x AIO | Corsair CX750M PSU | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC

Storage Server: Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Mini PC | i3 4130T 2.90Ghz | 4GB SoDIMM | 500GB WD Blue Internal | 6TB Seagate External | 1TB Seagate External | OS: Openmediavault

Being kind costs nothing. Make the world a better place!

I just got more into the mechanical keyboard customization and im looking around for cherry mx switches which i have found sites that sell them but are they compatible with hot swappable keyboards where its plug and play? Also is there any site that sells the rgb versions with the clear housing on the case like the K70?

3 minutes ago, Starlord808 said:

I just got more into the mechanical keyboard customization and im looking around for cherry mx switches which i have found sites that sell them but are they compatible with hot swappable keyboards where its plug and play? Also is there any site that sells the rgb versions with the clear housing on the case like the K70?

Why do you want Cherry switches? Why not go for one of the many actually decent switches?

The hot swap sockets on keyboards that use Outemu switches tend to only work with Outemu switches. The keyboards using the Kailh hot swap sockets work with all Cherry style switches (Gateron, Outemu, Kailh, TTC, Cherry MX etc). The GMMK should work with any Cherry style switches too. 

Check out Novelkeys and KBDFans. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Why do you want Cherry switches? Why not go for one of the many actually decent switches?

The hot swap sockets on keyboards that use Outemu switches tend to only work with Outemu switches. The keyboards using the Kailh hot swap sockets work with all Cherry style switches (Gateron, Outemu, Kailh, TTC, Cherry MX etc). The GMMK should work with any Cherry style switches too. 

Check out Novelkeys and KBDFans. 

I was gonna get the barebones massdrop CTRL high profile

3 minutes ago, Starlord808 said:

I was gonna get the barebones massdrop CTRL high profile

That one uses Kailh hot swap sockets. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

That one uses Kailh hot swap sockets. 

Yeah I dove deeper and seen. I really like my Cherry Browns on my current K70 which is why I want to stick to cherry.

5 minutes ago, Starlord808 said:

Yeah I dove deeper and seen. I really like my Cherry Browns on my current K70 which is why I want to stick to cherry.

Have you tried literally any other switches, just to see what you might like? Any linear, clicky or other tactile switches? You can get switch testers to try out other switches. 

If you want tactile switches, check out the Zealio v2, Halo (which you can get from (Mass)Drop), Hako, Box Brown and Box Royal.

9 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Have you tried literally any other switches, just to see what you might like? Any linear, clicky or other tactile switches? You can get switch testers to try out other switches. 

If you want tactile switches, check out the Zealio v2, Halo (which you can get from (Mass)Drop), Hako, Box Brown and Box Royal.

No I haven't I just got into the custom keyboard market

2 hours ago, Starlord808 said:

No I haven't I just got into the custom keyboard market

I assume only about 1% of people who like MX browns actually like MX browns. The other 99% simply have not tried a decent switch ever.

Oh yea! The Planck is here! My WPM has gone to shit! I don't really feel like posting a picture since it only has the stock keycaps.

Here is a stock photo in case you are curious on what it looks like:

Spoiler

F9Q4Ma2YR0WVVKlLbu3C_AI7B5192-copy-pc-da

Running a Ducky One TKL RGB with Cherry MX Blacks.  Two non-standard keycaps, the Esc has been replaced with a Project Key Ghost Servant and the space bar is the Ducky Year of the Monkey one.

1 minute ago, Koeshi said:

Running a Ducky One TKL RGB with Cherry MX Blacks.  Two non-standard keycaps, the Esc has been replaced with a Project Key Ghost Servant and the space bar is the Ducky Year of the Monkey one.

Why not post a pic? Should look nice.

Two reasons, I am at work currently and my desk is a complete shitshow of rubbish and PII.  Maybe when that is sorted :)

46 minutes ago, Koeshi said:

Two reasons, I am at work currently and my desk is a complete shitshow of rubbish and PII.  Maybe when that is sorted :)

How is it at work? I m thinking of getting a second ducky for the office(developer here) but don't really know how they would feel about the noise. It's gonna be either brown or clear switches.

@Settlerteo sorry, I think you misunderstand me.  I am at work, the keyboard is at home.  I'd like another one for work, but sadly I have no experience to tell you how colleagues would handle it.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:00 AM, geo3 said:

I assume only about 1% of people who like MX browns actually like MX browns. The other 99% simply have not tried a decent switch ever.

I genuinely know someone who likes mx browns lol, he uses vintage mx browns with a dab of 3203. They're reasonably smooth for cherry switches, and they sound pretty nice, and the dude likes the very light tactility.